Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I think it's been one of those days

Good morning … this is me. We just got done smooching our lover hehehe. He was making business calls in the kitchen. We stayed home for a sick day because we’d felt so bad yesterday and we don’t think we’re over it yet. We got so that we could barely move. It was terrible. I felt a gazillion years old. We did however feel bad enough to make another doctor appointment. I think the achiness we were feeling yesterday wasn’t the same thing as we are complaining about all along with our knee, but something is happening that isn’t good. I’m guessing we explained last time, but since its been a while, we are just saying our leg is making it very hard to walk. We went to a dr appointment last week, but she wasn’t a full doctor and after not getting the right results back from an x-ray, just said she couldn’t help us.

We resisted the part about getting another dr. appointment, because the last time we’d tried they told us it would need to be 3-4 weeks. But, we were hurting now!

Yesterday when we called, we got an appointment for today at 4:15. So this is some improvement AND the Dr. actually called back because we left a message. She heard us be grumbly and suggested a full exam today. Hmpf! Right … right. But, we do want to know how to fix the pain, because its making it very difficult to get around and just reaching to stand is hurtful. We’re thinking if it isn’t arthritis then maybe fibro myaliswhatever. Pretty sure its going to be something terrible because it seems to be now almost a couple of months. Rich thinks the additional part we got yesterday was like a flu, but I’m not sure about that. We were achi, had a temp, could barely move. That parts better today. But, we slept beside being up for washroom a solid 15 hours through. Maybe then we fixed it? Still feeling a bit mopey though. We were up a little bit though cuz Rich came home about almost 10 pm and we watched him make some dinners and soup for us, because he was going fishing this weekend and more in particular today. Hmm, I wonder if I could get some soup now? Hold on.

AHA! I made it … and it’s only 9:30 am too … BUT, he made me heat it up Hmpf!

Mmm that was good! Lots of flat noodles and some chicken and carrots and a few other vegetables, and soup part, but mostly wet noodles! That’s sure to make me feel better! Even if it DID have to be heated up. Our friend says he’s going to have some for lunch, so maybe he’ll stick around to that time. I know he had a lot to do before he went. I think that most of it is being done now at home because we’re here, so that is nice, even if we’re in different rooms. Every time to go in there like to get coffee is another opportunity to smooch him. Hehehe I like to get him in back of the neck … right in that little crevice making a valley into his shoulder’s and back. Sometimes he takes it straight up and sometimes he crinkles up like a raisonette.

Hmm. Now our Sweetie has to do something private, but we were in the bedroom with him helping him pack. Well actually we didn’t help him too much, because we had to tell him he was making us dizzy! He kept rethinking his thoughts, which shirt to pack or which pants to where. I think between not too long we might take another nap, but we need to think about getting all the way into Chicago during a busy time of the day to be at the doctors.

Hmm, just thought about the cloudy/rainy weather sweetie pie is going to be in over the weekend. We picked out a rain suit set that we want him to consider. It’s not the $200 plus stuff for each part of the set, but it’s not the $59 stuff either.

Together the pants and jacket would cost about $300 and it’s a real nice moss green color with nice pockets and extra features. We’d gotten him that $100 gift certificate … and we’ll have to see what he does with that, because he’s also thinking he needs a new fishing rod. I think fishing is an expensive sport!

Yeeks! Hmm, anyway, we emailed him the suit … but, will make sure he sees it before he leaves. I think there is other stuff in the plans and we just remember the part of addressing his rods or something like that … he says it will take him about an hour to do that … and I know he has to go to the fishy store, and then he has to be at his partners at about 5:30 pm. Usually, he likes to pre-fish and we know his buddy Bob is already out there now, but nothing can be done about that if the other guy has to work.

I think that’s about it of our guy stuff for the moment. I’m worrying about being up in time for the doctor’s appointment. Maybe we ought to set up the time. Let’s see. Appt. 4:15 … get there at about 3:50 … have to walk yet. Leave house then about 3 pm and shower about 2. It’s 10:30 now so that’s about 3 ½ hours. We set our timer … I think we’ll be good … but if we took a nap, we would have to set the bigger timer. Maybe we shouldn’t do that because we have a good amount of writing to do. Nothing critical. It’s just that it’s been awhile. It seems though that we should get something done for staying home a whole day. I can’t begin to tell you how bad I felt yesterday. Just don’t want to go back to that.

Hmm, where’d sweetie go? Ahh he’s back at the computer. We giggled with him for a few moments. Well we can’t say why, but it was pretty silly. Hehehe
He went back to trying to get a little more work done on his computer. That was ok with us, because we know he’s on a tight schedule and trying to balance many carts.

Beside every trip in we steal one of those luxurious smooches!

So … where are we about now? Seems I should be thinking about something … Hmm I think we saw a movie over the last couple of days because there is a blockbuster sleeve here. Ahh, we saw, “Rumor has it.” It was a good movie … not excellent, but good. It kept me involved. It was about this girl confused about her past because she was it turned out to be the granddaughter of Mrs. Robinson from the movie the Graduate. I liked all the characters mostly, I liked Jennifer Anniston and Kevin Costner and this other guy Mark Ruffalo who I didn’t know before. He was pretty good too. After we sit back from a movie for awhile we don’t feel as into it as when we were watching. Maybe that is common. But, I liked the thought of the family’s secret even if it was a bit cheesy. The main character Jennifer really did seem to be living through a crisis comedy style. Anyway that’s about all I want to say on that. We probably won’t want to watch it again. But, the envelope is torn so we gotta figure out where some tape is or bring it back to the video store. I don’t think Sweetie needs anything else to do today.

Cuz, we are sick we can’t do that other thing so that kinda puts us a little frumpy. I don’t think we have the energy for it anyway, and don’t want to get Sweetie sick. Though we for sure told him that if he gets sick over the weekend, we won’t take responsibility if its because he was sitting all day in the rain. Hmpf!

I’m feeling kinda listless now … I don’t think we got anything to say … not that that’s ever stopped us before. Let’s see … we had a week. The one day we had two staffings and a behavior/human rights meeting along with a couple small meetings with the new Q. We seemed to be working this week on how to understand her better.

She is trying to explain to me why she needs the frequent breaks to be IMing or wandering around the web. I called her on it. I know Sr.’s opinion, but I have to admit, we’ve wandered in our work before, so I’m battling with the thought that a certain amount of “foolin around” is natural. Yesterday, she said that she was stretching out the work to fill in her time. Our thought to that is that we’ve got plenty for you to be doing so you don’t have to extend the work time.

For the record, yesterday, she did complete the annual report for the first client and the second. She was done with the long goals – the key paragraphs I had written. I think she was finishing up on the second set. We had finished one of the annual reports and goals and objectives from Tuesday, and so we gave her back the second person. We told her to be considered up to speed, she would be able to complete these projects at one or two staffings a week. She doesn’t seem real good in timeliness, but her report was good. She’s also not very good in follow through like writing letters or calling parents, or in sending things home for signatures.

We are going to need breaking down her work load differently. The last time we went over things we took a few of those small assignments back and we asked for file stuff from the meetings to be returned to the file. She likes to gather work on her desk, but she’s overwhelmed as to what to do next and next. She also didn’t get to the goals with group 1. This is the second week for that. I think its because of too much Internet time.

The other problem was that she’s again broken up with her boyfriend … is not sleeping well, and has put herself in the process of moving. That is affecting her at work, more than she might realize. She also talked to Sr. about it, so Sr. has that part in mind. When we told Rich, he said that was an employee means of gaining self-sympathy so that work expectations don’t have to be met. I don’t know … probably he is right. On one of the days, we let her talk for quite a long time about the situation she is now finding herself in. It seems like with the other DSP we had tried to listen to. I want to be empathetic and understanding, but I’m afraid I’m being more used than helpful. If she’s talking about her personal problems that is making her feel better, than if she was being forced to think of work. There is a part of my own sense of laziness and wanting to know what’s going on that further hampers my better instincts to stay more focused. I figure the best way here would be to set ourselves up for a lecture from Sweetie Pie where he will tell us more directly what we’re supposed to be doing, and why. He’s very good at that sort of thing. Worst case scenario I set myself up to be lectured by Sr. Theresa. Hmm, that doesn’t sound so good. The other possibility I’m thinking is that we figure out our own balance of listening, but not for hours. We’ll have to see.

As far as our own completion of tasks, I had the sense that I wasn’t as on top of things as I could have been. We continued to work through the week, but we weren’t getting as much done, primarily because we had to focus so much on the annual work left over by the young Q, that we were not able in large part to focus on some of our other tasks. For example, we never got to the orientation book, which was set-up last week as an important project to complete. A lot of little things were accomplished, but sometimes it was like pulling teeth, because our body wasn’t cooperating. I kept pushing to do the things that practically came up next like sending faxes, or having papers signed, or making an appearance up front. But, that took a lot of energy and I felt even with the cane, we were at crawling speed and it took us time to recover after we’d get back to the office. At least we kept at a methodological pace where we were constantly moving forward even if slow.

One of the hard things about this week and especially yesterday is that we feel as if there are parts of us that are dying … That’s a pretty major statement to make, but then there it is. Our worst fear is that our life could end, and we’ll miss years of happiness with Sweetie Pie. I can’t tell you how much I love him. There are things affecting the feelings of not being around, which was the part of feeling so sick, the length of time our leg has been bothering us and not healing, and the continual loss of hair. The arthritis isn’t getting better either. I do feel good in that we got down to 317 this week from 325, but there is a long way to go there.

It would seem the challenge is to lose the weight so that the other problems don’t become over-burdened more than they are. There is a long way to go. The only thing that I did this week toward sugar was in eating the rhubarb sauce sister had made for the staff. She had said there was sugar in it and we went back for seconds.

That wasn’t good. We are however well spaced away from times stopping for donuts or BK or in eating out. That is good. And, we are on a good schedule of eating fruit for snacks. We still have problems with quantity for dinner. We will have to work harder with Sweetie Pie on that. We’re in the habit of eating everything that is served whether it is too much or not. That’s not good. And, I think we have to do better with the booster reading from the hypnotist. We don’t want to waste that effort and cost and hope.

We had to miss our Dr. Marvin meeting this week, because of being sick. There was no way I could have walked that distance as sore as we were, even with extra time and a wheel chair. We didn’t talk to him long, just told him the problem and that we were going to see Dr. Allbright today. He might have said something about hoping that I would feel better soon. We’re figuring that part at least cuz that is the way he is.

Hmm, Sweetie Pie is about ready to get done with his shower and his phone is ringing. I’m not sure if he heard it, but we’ll point it out when the door opens.

We’re then being a good Ann. I wish I could do more for him. For the record, I did do as much as possible with the grant request yesterday. I’m not sure if it were right, but it seemed ok. I’m not sure if the entire grant is due by the 31rst. I think that would be over our head. We’ll see. There are things we have to update, then it will need to go to Rich and then he has to give it to Sr. Theresa. That won’t happen until next week.

Hmm, Sweetie Pie is done with his shower. Hehehe he reminded us that we’d have to shower too, but we told him we had the timer set and we’ve still got 2 ½ hours before we need to shower at 2 pm. It’s about 11:20 now. I think that maybe we’ll get to have lunch together and then he will leave. I’m not sure though if he’s on schedule, or if he’s running late. I hope he doesn’t skip lunch. He’s been so preoccupied last night and this morning there is very little time to chat. Maybe we’re not up to that anyway? I can’t imagine what I would want to talk to him about, with the exception of checking out his people list to make sure everyone’s ok. He doesn’t seem to be worried about it now, so we’ll have to presume everyone’s ok.

Hmm, now it’s about quarter to noon. We just finished another bowl of chicken soup. It is very good. We had watched just before Sweetie Pie eating a boloney sandwich. He was hurrying to much to want to eat with him. He says he’s on schedule. He’s on his way now to St. Rose to pick up his check, and then he is going to the bank to deposit it and take out some money, then he is coming back here to put the money somewhere and then he is going to be downstairs fixing his lines for about an hour, and then he’s going to the fishy store, and then he’s going to his partner’s house. He says that we should take a shower before he gets back and then we can go downstairs with him and watch him fix his poles. He figured that would be about 1:15. So, we figure we should shower in about a half an hour … that’s about 1 ½ hours prior to expectations, but it won’t dent me. We’ll probably take out the wheelchair so we can get prime viewing space. He says, he will leave for the fishy store about 3. And, I think like through the morning, he will continue to do business on the phone. That’s just the way he is.

Hmm, kitty had a little problem that needed to be cleaned up. I hope that she is ok. Sometimes it seems the food doesn’t want to stay in its place. I think most of that is they sometimes eat too fast. She’s on the table now getting ready to lie down if we let her. Its ok to give kitties a little comforting during the day.

But, I know too if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. Ok, you down in front. Ahh, that is better. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the fact that kitties kind of run the roost. They are watchful for Rich though. Usually what will happen is that he might be in the bedroom with me and gets up for a minute, and then one kitty or another will jump in bed, and then he comes back and says … there is a cat in my bed, shoo! Oh oh … Missy has to get down now because Chief figured out there was good lying around to be doing. Missy is always subservient to him. I expect him up in a little bit. We’ll let that go for the time being.

Ok, so we’re still not up to doing or thinking too much. We told Rich last time that our life was full of nothing. He started to blame that on him, but we told him he was the most exciting part, and then he started to lecture about not doing more than we are. But, we weren’t up to fixing that part yet, and he was on a schedule.

I think maybe we’re not so much a new-century woman because we still rely on our excitement in doing things like watching Sweetie dress and watching him dress fishing poles. I don’t seem to get over the awe of him being here. I know it’s been a long time now, but all of life has changed so much. I don’t ever want it to be taken for granite.

Hmm, that was him just now on the phone. He had a question about the grants … but we both decided we would take care of it on Monday. I think he must be at the center about now or just getting there. I always feel so surprised when my cell phone rings. 9 times out of 10, it’s Rich. So, we’re thinking we’re paying for an expensive service just for the privilege of talking to him at any time. I really like that part. And, periodically, we get to talk to our sons on the way home from work … that’s been special too. I figure I’ll give Maury another call on Sunday to see how things are. I think it’s too early to meet with Joe again, and then of course, there is Thom. I don’t know what it would take to meet with him. In some ways, he’s like on a distant planet and out of reach. That’s about when we look up at his picture when he was a child and feel how much we miss him. Ok, ok .. nuf of that … we started crying and that’s certainly no good.

Now I feel speechless … been staring into nothing. I suppose when you are feeling down and out of it is a bad time to think of things you know will make you sad.

Hmm, fell to looking at Bob again. Rich hasn’t told me too much about him this week. Mention was made that they were competitive and this was coming up a new fishing weekend, and added to that torment was that Bob was already up north fishing and Rich is still here. I love the picture next to my computer of Bob hugging Rich. That makes me feel much happier. There was some more on his other friend Doug too. Doug was moving his shoe store this last weekend and apparently on one day he made about $1000 which is like more than a month’s worth of business almost.

I sure do hope his new spot pans out … He just moved to a more prominent corner of the same strip mall I think. But, it seems to have worked so far. Seems like people now know he’s there.

Think that is about it there. Hmm, I know one thing I didn’t mention. We remembered because we were thinking about Rich’s mom who thinks Rich has whip lash.

Um hmm, you might guess something bad happened this week in that regard. Rich was in an accident that caused about $4000 damage to his back end – vehicle. He said that he was at a stop sign trying to edge out in traffic, but his vision was blocked by a pick-up truck, but the CEMENT truck in back of him, didn’t catch the hesitation. Well, actually he caught it in Rich’s back end. It’s not everyone who gets to say they were run over by a cement truck. No, I don’t think the truck was damaged. Rich said that he wasn’t hurt at all, and he told his boss the truth in that he went to a body shop, left the car, rented another and then he made his afternoon appointment. He’s something isn’t he? It happened at about 1 pm and I didn’t hear about it until the end of my work day … Rich said he didn’t want to upset me. Him not calling upset me, and of course we had a ton of questions to ask. I’m guessing his mother did the same thing.

Ok, close enough to time to get in the shower. Might as well do that now. I will let you know if anything interesting develops, but normally the showering is pretty standard ;)

Ok, we’re back … we were right nothing special. I’m still considering our wardrobe. Hmm brb.

Woo hoo! We’re back … we decided to go with the easy on and off purple dress.



Umm, this is the front part and it looks like that the rest of the way except the skirt part flares a little. There are buttons all the way down though … and those we are hesitant to use. Slip on, slip off!

Ok, enough of that … Sweetie should be home now in about half an hour. Ok, we were doing a check … nothing much on the other half of the spelunker set. Rich said maybe his phone wasn’t recharged. I think the youngest and the oldest are getting into the fall season because of school. The youngest is still working over financial aid, but the daughter has got full scholarship and a teaching position at the school as some kind of an assistant. That is pretty good news. Nothing much else … except I know that Rich is still in the market for a boat to be bought with his brother and I’m not sure how long ranged an idea that is. I know that at times like today when Rich doesn’t get to pre-fish because of his partner’s work schedule, then he’s a little grumbly and more considered toward getting the boat. I don’t know how the finances of that work, and how the divorce would play a part. My guess is that they should wait until next season so that the divorce is final and the accounts separated. My thought though is that the boat will be bought on credit.

I’m thinking too that makes a difference as to what kind of vehicle he gets next … and that should be in the making pretty soon too. When he got the rental after the accident he got a bigger vehicle to try driving, but he’s already complaining of gas mileage. So, we’re not sure of which direction he is going to go there. He’s got lots of stuff up his sleeve or at least the sleeve his wife doesn’t have half of.

Rich is pretty adamant about that … he is willing to give her half and wind down the payments when he retires or after the house is sold. But, we’re not sure of her plans. It seems there’s not a lot of lawyer talk, which makes me feel like Rich is just avoiding.

It didn’t go over so well that I’d bought the bags for packing away the bedding and extra clothes. I’m not sure what’s happening with that. Earlier this week he told me to cancel the order or send it back, and he was pretty firm about that. But, then again … he was supposed to have gone in the house to get out some of his stuff, and his room is only going to hold so much. I think he has in mind either Bob’s or his mother’s place for extra storage, but I’m not sure if he’s asked either. I think they’d do anything for Rich, but I think we can do more here. We’ll have to see … that one is a long time in coming, because they withdrew their charge, but said it would take 3-4 weeks before it gets here. I think that was a pretty lousy deal, but nothing much you can do about it. Ok, better skip past that topic. With the exception of saying Rich is right, somehow we are going to need coming up with a deposit of $500 for the car. I know he owes us another $200, but we had to use $200 that we’d planned for the car just to balance our account. It was after we had that extra money that we figured we could spend some. There’s no way to get out of the responsibility over our money, but the going is hard. Rich keeps saying that we can save money, but soon we’ll be paying the school loans, and there won’t be anything extra after that. Better figure on reading from the grant books over the weekend.

I got a lot needing to be done before I will feel comfortable doing what needs to be done.

Ok, what is next … still got 15-30 minutes left we figure. Anything on the house?

Hmm, looking around it seems it still needs to be picked up. There were a few clothes added that didn’t make it to the laundry load Rich just picked up. He had to carry 3 loads up last night between grocery and clothes. I feel so bad for him.

I think we really need to press getting out of the lease by the end of October when it expires. That doesn’t allow too much time and if Rich were planning on getting the boat, I think we’d have to stay another year, but then that’s a year of bringing things up and down from his car. If I were going to go all out … I would pick up in each room and vacuum and wash the kitchen floor. What chance are there of that though? Maybe if we could get into it seriously enough during midmorning tomorrow?

That would be the best deal. There’s still that mess from the weekend we were away and the cats attacked angrily the paper towel roll. That’s when you know you’ve really ticked them off. We don’t use that room much and when we do, we’ve been bumlike and just walked over the shredded paper. Shoot that seems normal enough, right?

This morning we looked at an apartment for rent that costed $30,000 a night. It had a lot of zingy stuff like a zen room with an unusual Buddha and water running down the wall of granite. Hmm, maybe that’s the part that impressed me the most. I would feel very frustrated that I would have to wear paper socks so I wouldn’t damage the imported floor. Yeeks what’s up with that!?? You couldn’t really have a real party, or maybe shouldn’t when all those women got snazzy shoes and they had to be left outside. Ok, ok … now we’re getting silly, but you knew we were capable of that all along, right? I think the point is that those people could leave shredded paper towel on the floor, because then a maid would come and pick it up. That be the best deal. Cuz, you just know one of them places is going to have good services.

Hmm, we are being pretty consistent in not getting into anything real serious today. I think we’re going to feel a little lonely when fishyman leaves, although we were appreciative of the morning. Hmm, that’s what we wanted to see … there is a pre-season football game on tonight with the Vikings and someone. We forget already … either Texas or NY I think. There’s also a baseball game on right now, but we’re so close to Sweetie getting back I don’t want to mar our last remaining thoughts with that distraction. Yes, if you are going to get me, it’s straight up me wandering around my own brain. What little there is left.

Sometimes in our spare time we try to imagine Rich allowing us to actually meet his family or friends. I think they would have to know that we aren’t quite sane.

Hopefully, we’ll be skinnier by the time that happens, but I don’t think we’ll be able to do anything about our mind. And, we know that we are going to be compared … at least by the kids, maybe not so unfavorably by Rich’s friends, because we’ve long since adjusted to them being in Rich’s life. I think he SHOULDN’T be so competitive with Bob. I think Bob is beating Rich by a point or two … they might be too close for either of their comfort. I think they are both pretty fishy serious!

Oh oh … wandering back to Rich thoughts. Have we ever left them? Seems I don’t know how to do or think of much other than him. This is probably a bad identity sign. Maybe he would be more interested in us if we were more interesting. I know he would like to hear things like we were out for a walk, but it seems this leg has really tied down even thinking of it. Hmm, maybe we should give Fishyface a call to see where he is? Hmm, no answer. Maybe he’s too close to call or is in the bank making a transition. I never think he’s going to be right on time most times, but you know us in this wishy-washy state, we lean backward over our thoughts of him.

We’re really going to need the football game to get over the evening, but chances are that being at 7 pm, we will soon sleep our way through it. That’s no good. I’m thinking that my grandma will be watching the game too. Hmm, why are we slipping back into Thom thoughts. Maybe it is because he wants no relationship with me as I do not want with my family. I don’t know how to get over that. I never beat him up or did bad things sexually to him, so I don’t know why it should be the same. But, I guess there doesn’t have to be that clear a solution. Somewhere he’s built in his mind that we are negative and that was the end of that. BUT, it doesn’t mean that we should fall prey to thinking all our depressed thoughts now that Rich is leaving for the weekend. We’re really going to need concentrating on those grants or other to keep our mind in shape. PLEASE don’t let us spend the whole weekend being down.

I hope fishy man gets back soon. Maybe I should plan on staying down there until 3 pm and leaving right from there. I don’t know if Rich will take that long, but he is backing up the time. Hmm, anything that I’ll need? I think not much … maybe my hair scrunchy and my purse thing. Means I should grab my cell phone too. I think the directions are still on my PDA, but chances are we will follow that all the way down. CUZ, we don’t really have a good sense of where it is, except somewhere past our old clinic.

You know I think this is a good part of our trouble. The world to us is very fuzzy. We hear Rich on the phone remembering countless details. He says he’s not as smart as us IQ wise, but if you can’t recall much one wouldn’t seem to be so smart. I don’t have a sense yet of belonging somewhere. Sometimes like during the week it occurs to us as we are going to work, or after we’ve been there enough, but even at that, I could walk away from St. Rose on a dime’s turn. I would miss things for a bit, but I imagine it to be like so many of our house moves. One morning your life is like this, and then it turns out to be like that. Doesn’t have to make a lot of sense.

But, the Rich part that is different. I think we are good for him, because we love him so much, and if something were to happen to us then think how lonely his life would be. Maybe he would have to get another woman. Either that or he’d be spending much more time with Bob. I can’t imagine the reverse that Rich was no longer here. My mind says even in todays day and time, just lock me in a state institution and I’ll be fine the rest of my days. Maybe a couple times a year one of my boys will visit.

OK YOU STOP!!! This isn’t getting us anywhere. We fit in somewhere I’m sure of that … and we are as important as the next guy. Though people come and go so frequently … ok, ok … your thinking like that again. Maybe Rich is right. It will be important to get some fresh air. Hmm, we placed another call … now he’s a half hour late and not taking either of our calls. That’s bordering on a little rudeness. We’d rather think that then he is being run over by another cement truck. That will probably one day give us nightmares. We went to look for his car … and no he didn’t sneak in. We came back with the extra low fat whip cream that’s supposed to be for our dinner tonight, but now we’re in a mood.

Ahh that was good ...lite and fluffy. Almost evaporates in our mouth. I think when we get frustrated we must act out some way. Maybe we could go as far as to say it’s a woman’s trait. What am I thinking … the first thought is an angry little … well then I’m not going to care! How old are you??



This is what our angry pouty face looks like … I’m giving him 4 more minutes then I’m calling again. He’s got me freaking out. I wonder if he went to the fishy place first and left his phone out in the car. That’s a good bet if he thought he was closer to that and had in mind to spend time there first. It would be unfair though if he didn’t let me know the new schedule. I heard the front door open downstairs, is it him bringing up my mail? Hmm, my fingers have turned to popsicles. It’s now 2 pm. Let’s try it again. 3 times no answer back. He’s going to get back and talk about being free and all, but we’d already talked that when he set a time to be with us, he had to call if things changed so we wouldn’t worry.

I guess we are not going to be able to watch him do his fishy poles, because I think he had something else in mind for his last 45 minutes. I don’t know … I would like to go back to bed, cuz we’re feeling that frustrated, but we know we have to leave for our appointment now in just under an hour.

Hmm he’s been in the library says the phone he’s coming upstairs now and he said none of his maps copied right. He took MY time! Mad mad …. Ok crying stop doing that …

Hmm, we’re back. Usually don’t do so much writing at night, but it seems like it’s been quite a day. We of course stayed mad about 10 minutes, but then the parts switch and we’re back to normal. Whatever had hit us the night before was hitting us again … and we stayed with Rich just a bit, but then we drove to the doctor’s office. He was saying that we were trying to make him feel bad because we were being sick and sore, but that wasn’t what we were trying to do. Hmm, having trouble concentrating. I think we might fall asleep pretty soon The doctor says that we might have a kidney and or urinary tract infection and she said that it was serious cuz we were a diabetic.

Dear Sister Theresa ...

We just got back from the doctor's office. She thinks I might have a kidney infection and or a urinary tract infection. When we were at the doctors we were running 101.3 or 101.9 temperature ... I forget stuff and she listened inside and didn't like that too much. She gave us a anti-biotic and some special tylenol to bring down the fever. She said that she didn't like that we were home alone and that she would check on us later. I asked how serious and she said its very serious because of the diabetes. But, then doctors probably say everything is serious. She said that if it doesn't get better that I have to go to the hospital over the weekend yet. I asked her what good would that do and she said, because they could use an IV. Last night we slept 15 hours and we still feel tired. We seemed better then the fever started again. We called my son Maury and I told him a few moments ago, I'd keep his number if anything went wrong, I think I'm already getting better. But if there was some reason I didn't make it to work on Monday ... this would probably be it. I'll try to stay in touch. And, then of course Rich is fishing in WI. My forehead is sweating now, but I've got a purple icey ... I'm ok ... just thought you should know. Your one of our few important people.
Probably I'll just go to bed in awhile or maybe watch some football.


Ann