Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, August 06, 2007

Stevens Point, WI



Good morning! This is us and we’re back!

Well that was us last night at least. We got in early enough for that little sliver of daylight. I think maybe about 7 pm if the clock crowed right. We’ve gone through the pictures missing being on vacation at least a half dozen times. I’ll show you what I mean … this is about what it looked like 















Well, anyway that’s a small sample … We took a little over 80 pictures. I saw the first deer and Rich saw the second. I’m not sure what to do with all the pictures because it’s too much for the blog, but we’re very proud of the pictures. There’s so many beautiful nature shots … well and of course some of my own bunny friend. He’s my favorite nature.

Shoot we’re doing it again … just staring into the pictures. We had such a good time … oh and by the way, we’ve waked up Sweetie Pie at 5 am this morning. He’s just getting out of the shower now. There’s something wrong with his computer so he’s decided to go in a little early this week … we’ll see if that lasts.

Back again. It’s 6 am now. Sweetie Pie just left the building. We had watched him get dressed and make the sandwiches and he sat down and gave us a Monday morning pep talk. Last thing was between grants and watching what is going on with the new Q.

Already she is trying to establish herself and bypass systems. Rich sees it too where she is trying to take her own lead. He seems to think she’s doing it so she can cut back her effort so she can have time doing the Internet and so forth. He’s saying that I should be keeping my nose to the grindstone. I think instinctively, Rich is right.

Ok, we’re back and dressed … it’s almost 6:30 am … Missy is trying to tell me something about leaving … Umm we just told her it was enough. I wonder if we got coffee left?

Ahh found that, the shoes, AND our medicine.

*Sigh* It’s just such a perfectly nice weekend … hate to say its over. Though Rich did say something about having a good night’s sleep. That wasn’t the best on the trip. We remembered to bring last moment the C-pap machine, but there wasn’t a recliner and that seemed to be a small problem. We twisted and turned trying to get comfortable, but at least Sweetie said that we didn’t snore 

We were treated well … as to accommodations and food. And, we were given the opportunity to stay with him when he was out about scouting the reservoir. I think that’s what you call the water between two dams. It was fun to watch him test out the water and visit other fisher people. We took notes as to fishing holes and we captured pictures. I think he has an excellent mental map of most things he sees, but we wanted to do something special. So, we’ve named ourselves the photographer of our journeys. Rich says that we can do more of this … (Given the money) … that is we can go advance scout his fishing trips with him. I think sometimes he does this with the guys, but I wasn’t all such bad company, because mostly … I think I have the capacity to follow him around like a puppy dog. Woof!