Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just a few notes from work trying to get the day started

Good morning. This is me, but we’re at work and its already 9:15 on Wednesday. We are at a point … where almost everything is set up to be working. Except, hold on … washroom and water. Ok, that’s done … now where are we.

I do want to say something about the problem with weight. We seem to be having continuing problems … I am heavy and most often hungry. That’s all just a note. I ran into the sisters in the hall. We passed on a few notes. I had left a message with a case worker and she passed me new information about that client. I also told her that I would just need to take the memory card into Walgreen’s to get my pictures developed. I’m worrying about being able to stand throughout that length of time. Usually, I have to be moving pretty quick. I don’t want to trust my co-worker with the memory card, but I may have to ask sister if she can run it to the pharmacy. I think that is the best way to go. I don’t have my batteries for the camera though and I’m not sure if they are necessary. I don’t think so, but I don’t want to take a chance. Sister needs time to look through the pictures too. I’m worried though of the pictures on the camera that I don’t want the peer to be looking at. She’s snoopy. Damn didn’t think of that. I don’t think there is anything revealing, just don’t think some of that stuff is her business. There is about 6-700 pictures on the camera. I have never cleared it .. I think it is an all or none deal … I wouldn’t want to take a risk. Maybe we could go together and I could get the pictures found and then leave out for the car. There doesn’t seem to be much more option other than sending through the computer. That might be something to consider. I think Sr. trusts Walgreens though.

Ok, we’re back to trying the computer. We can order Walgreens on-line that might be the compromise. They say we have to upload to Snapfish so we’re doing that now. I’ve heard that’s pretty big. It’s taking 10-15 more minutes and I have to know that I can order only some of them after uploaded, because sister won’t want to pay for all of these. I think they’re service includes them sending the printwork to the local Walgreens and supposedly they can be ready within an hour. Close enough … I don’t think then Sister will complain about the cost too much …. There are limitations to my moving. Ok, good that’s progressing.

Next … what are we to do with CARF now. You might not know yet, BUT yesterday we went through our state inspection. It went very well … The center got 100% rating. They said …

“This is a small program that provides services to about 47 individuals on the Southside of Chicago. The program provides quality services to the individuals they serve such as workshop, life skills, physical fitness. The individuals take pride in their work and especially earning a paycheck. The strength of the program is the direct care staff that treats the individuals with dignity and respect. The guardians we spoke with were very satisfied with the program and had high praise for staff.”

Woo HOO. Pretty good, pretty good. Sister was told though that the first thing they’d seen was that one of the bathrooms was missing toilet paper … someone’s going to hear about that for a year, but otherwise we didn’t hear any negative. We had been given two surveyors, one of which has been familiar with our center. They still checked everything out pretty carefully. They were here for 4-5 hours. It’s going to be harder with CARF … they are here for 3 days. But, now that it is finally over – State inspection. Sister can be proud of being at 100% - tell the other sisters and we can all breath a little bit. Not too much though. Here’s where we come in with CARF we got to do something with her today and on til she’s finished. It’s already 10 am.

Shoot … how do we do CARF. I gotta figure it out again. I know we have to take something out. Where would that be? What would it be? Something about that 9 page sheet with the green highlighter on it … Maybe in the CARF shelve? Let me look.

Pshwoo went through a lot of stuff, but I found it … it was in one of the thin folders. There’s some reports and policies and procedures someone had worked on.

Ok, ok … been figuring stuff.