Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cinderalla's off to the Ball



Good morning. This is us … We’re um with our Chief-type kittie. I know … pretty unusual. We’re trying to be ok typing around him … we might shoo him, but we like the feeling of his tail thumping on our thigh telling us how happy he is inside. Yes, this is the stage before he falls asleep and starts doing the zzzz-thing.

We are also giving you a preview of what’s to come with the new teeth situation.

They are in and its official and this above and below is what it to be expected from the new work that’s been done. The picture above was just taken and the one below was last night’s official first picture.



I did one more … the third page is a before shot to give a comparison of the difference.



You can see in this picture the gaps to the left and right of my upper teeth. Now those gaps … just aren’t there and we’re thinking that our smile is bigger and brighter. At least we hope that is the affect. There are other benefits in that we didn’t have so many teeth to chew with and now there is a bevy of them. For the count three teeth were added to the left and three to the right.

Last night we gave our first formal try-out with eating food. Sweetie Pie hadn’t noticed the new teeth yet, because we’d settled in a fairly dark living room upon meeting. And, he had missed the phone message where we were saying if we ran late a few moments, it was because we were at the dentist getting the partials. When it came time to choose what to eat … we recommended spaghetti, which is not something we usually get. He started to fuss a bit, and then we mentioned that the dentist said to try something easy the first couple of days. Then, he was all understanding.

It was hard to get started with the first meal, because we thought for sure we would break them and we weren’t used to chewing on the left side anymore. It’s a different sensation to in that you are missing part of the gums that used to feel sensation, because there is a plastic part holding the teeth in and covering the gum. Also, when you are used to doing things with your tongue in mouth having this appliance makes everything seem big and bulky, so when you swipe past your teeth and stuff … just doesn’t seem right. But, we got through it. I think it was better after Sweetie Pie left for a few minutes, because then we weren’t so conscious of what we were doing.

It was also hard to take them out the first time … I think we did it wrong because it pinched, though it had also pinched a little at the dentist when she took them out. That’s going to take some practice. She said the best thing to do was to keep them in as much as possible and she highly recommended that we have them in at the big fundraiser dinner/dance today. I know we have taken up that challenge, but we are going to have to use the washroom afterward and make sure there is no food left where we can’t feel it. I was dismayed after they had come out and we’d rinsed them how much residue had been left. We think we should get the overnight effervecent for cleaning within that time frame, but also one for 3 minutes because I don’t want all that stuff hanging around each time I eat.

I know, I know … enough teeth stuff, right? Ehh … sorry bout that, but you kind of know we talk about EVERYthing that comes to our mind. Part of last night was not thinking about how old I must be. There was a little handout book that came with the dentures and I’m pretty sure all the pictures were of people who were over 60.

Yeeks. That’s very threatening … because I’m about 15 years away from retirement.

We’re hopefully going to keep working though because it will take some time to pay off school debt. We need to sell a popular program guide to even think of breaking even. Ok, we’re way ahead of ourselves here again. Let’s find our morning thread again.

Ok, past the point of dentures, is there other things to discuss. I don’t think our day was particularly productive yesterday, though I don’t recall why. I do know that I was working on the project from the day before where we were going over information from Qnotes on improvements to the goal Work Scores. I finished adding data from both months, then I moved around some columns and did some extra sorting, and then I went client from client and made a chart with each of their three goals on the x-axis and alonge the y-axis I put the work scores. On the chart part I had data from January and February. This gave a real simple diagram as to the changes over the few months. I figured that ideally I would do one every three months and every 6 months … that’s about as much as the charts can handle, because I don’t know how to get any more than about a half dozen variables. The charts are limited in size. There is most likely a way about that, but for now … we gotta let it be. I’d also like to the next round to a chart where it also showed the average … I think I know how to do that pretty well. That might be able to account for a whole year’s worth of data. Ahh yes, I remember how we did it before ... we presented numbers on the chart as averages, so we could do quarterly averages and then we'd only have to worry about four lines on the chart, plus maybe the one for an annual average dowwn the center. Yes, that works for me. WooHOO!

Hmm, gotta make a decision here. I might want to get in the shower pretty soon, because we’re thinking that we sorta committed to going to the bank … unfortunate part is that we thought our Sweetie was going to come with us, but now it turns out he wants us to squeeze it in before the spring fling … he’s supposed to be over at 10:15 and he wants the other taken care of already. BUT, we don’t even know if the bank opens at 9 or after 9. I rarely do more than one thing at a time going out, because it makes us dizzy. I think it has to do with adapting to multiple parts being out to take care of things like getting ready, leaving the computer, driving, waiting for bank to open and someone to talk to us, doing confusing banking stuff, we need to get money out to pay for medicine, and then drive home BEFORE 10:15 am to go up the stairs and then rushed by friend to get out the door going through all kinds of people anxieties all over again, plus doing it with a new mouth.

Well, I’ve pretty much now talked our way out of that deal. The arrangement that had been reached with our friend last was that he was going to be here to help us through it. But, since he renigged, then I think it fair that we do too. If he has to rush home after the dinner (his son is in town) then I will either do it after the event while I’m still people orientated, or I will have to let it go another day, or our friend can stick around enough and do it with us. I don’t believe we can handle money and stuff without parts switching, which makes things very confusing to the business professional across the desk, and it makes it more dangerous driving home. We’re hoping that this whole day isn’t going to consume us so much that we couldn’t try doing some work on the Final project. I’m pretty sure though that our friend is not going to be able to stick around.

Hmm, by the way … that part we’d worried about last time got worked out ;) … ok that’s enough of that.

Our friend is still sick. He was afraid he’d pass on his germs, but precautions were taken. He was a little whiney “hehehe,” but that is to be expected when you are sick. He was very patient with us through dinner in our adjustments being made and that was very sincerely appreciated.

He’s a very, very good friend.



Ok, we’re getting mushy here again … we’d better stop that. Let’s adjust the schedule then and say that we’re going to get showered at 9 am (in about 45 minutes). That gives us 75 minutes until he gets here … should be enough time for the hair to dry. I think we’re going to need handling eating something though … a little leery of that, because I know my teeth are clean now, but then they might not be so good. But, on the other hand, it would help nerves to eat and we should probably practice before the dinner/dance. I think we’ll just eat the flake cereal today. No granola.

Ok so far … so good. We ate the cereal and while we were doing it we held a hand mirror to see how our mouth was progressing with food in it. There wasn’t anything particularly gross, such as food left on the outer teeth while we were eating. Now, we’re going though an adjustment period of post food. Basically, can I be comfortable with my mouth as it is. I wonder what would happen if we got used to just gargling a little with mouth wash … how difficult that be? It might help us with strange tastes and dislodging loose particles. I know gross, gross, gross. I’d like to think one day you might not go through these hassles, but if you did … you would think all these worrisome thoughts were normal. Let’s try the mouth rinse.

Hmm that worked very nice! Took a couple and noted there were particles and they lessened from one rinse to the next. I think I actually have a small bottle at work, and there is a big bottle at home. I had thought of doing this before, but didn’t stay motivated. This might do the trick, although it won’t help much at the dance, though I could rinse with water and that will have to be the alternative.

Good enough. I only carry a small camera case size bag and it wouldn’t be able to hold mouth wash unless maybe it were a size about 2 oz. Have to look into that I suppose. Hmm for the record … we also need some Tylenol for Arthritis … ok, remember two items. Ohhh three items because we need some effervescent things. AND, something for our face being broken out all the time. That is getting to be very terrible.

Ok, we moved on with the day. It’s now about 10 am, and we’re expecting our Sweetie Pie in about 20 minutes. We’re out of the shower and completely dressed and ready with the exception of our hair drying. It shouldn’t take too long. Hmm, I should have a necklace .. I wonder if I have one … going to look hold on. Hmm. Found two necklaces one was black and I liked, but it was too heavy and short. The other is costume jewelry diamond with 10 or 12 “jewels” across the bottom. It is a little longer, lighter like the dress, and ahem diamonds go with everything ;).

I needed something … sheesh.

I never think of usually wearing jewelry because I don’t wear it … it’s like makeup … But for this once a year event … we take that out too. Umm nothing more than a little blush stuff to help with blemishes, although looking in the mirror now … it was obviously not a bit help. Oh well, we tried. We’re thinking we’re going to pull the top of our hair back too, because we remembered we could and because when we were looking at the make-up stuff we found a brand new right off the cardboard black tie-back that is very nice. Didn’t know we had one … We had been using rubber bands. I’ll give it a few more minutes … hmm, we’ll call our friend and see how much time we have left. Oh Lordy he’s a few minutes ahead of the game … he said he’d be up in 5 minutes … cuz he has to use the well, anyway.

So, the plan is that I probably will wait until he’s done and then put it up and bring with a brush to smooth it out a little by the time we get there. Good back-up to leave one in his car. Just gotta remember not leaving it in his car.

Hmm, one more thing … we’re not going to talk about our son, but we can say I think that we talked to him. We didn’t have enough time though so we may talk to him again tonight or tomorrow morning. That be a good idea cuz we like to talk to him a lot … even though we can’t talk about what we like. He does know we have to go to the dinner dance and we have new teeth. That was our part of the conversation … I think I can mention, but the rest was over at his ball park.

Oh one more thing on our lover??? He’s in a cranky mood. I suggested that we then take separate cars, but he steam-rollered over that idea. I don’t want to be entertaining cranky … It’s fine for him to be our sweetie-pie when we can rub the cranky out of him on the couch. But, I don’t want to be treated badly when we’re out in public. We’ll have to figure that out. Maybe something will smooth out on the way over. Probably overwhelmed with being sick and having kids home. CUZ, I don’t think I’ve done anything in the last week to make him cranky. I only borrowed $6 bucks. Ok, well, $26 bucks … damn … $20 of that was emergency money though and went into doctor appointments our car ok and one milk shake sheesh NO secrets here!

Oh oh Sweeties here … better get goin!