Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Poverty is next on scholastic docket ...


Good morning. This is me. We’ve had a nice quiet morning. Still not getting to the coursework fast. Maybe after we write a bit. I’m not sure if we are simply avoiding or just trying to reorient selves. Maybe a little bit of both. We’re loving every square inch of the new monitor. It seems like the most natural thing in the world that we are able to see all 5 screens. It is like checking the pulse of our being all in one swift glance. We’ve got to build a stronger neck though. We are looking slightly to the left rather than straight ahead. This will change when we figure out how to make both screens work. Our regular writing with Word will be on the smaller screen directly in front of us.

In some ways it feels like being in a cockpit … all the relevant gauges and fixtures are in place. I think if we were to break it down … The organizer helps us to keep up with time, the notebook is for order, the performance diet for energy and self-nurturance, online for our world needs and the Word program is our stream of consciousness. Then of course, the music is playing in the background … we’re listening through ear phones. I used to keep the AOL screen and everything sat on top of that. Now it’s just another window and they all sit on the Windows opening screen. That way they don’t disappear as I merge over to another screen. I am adjusting to the IM’s being smaller, but that is the biggest challenge. It makes me so happy. It has taken on a bulletin board affect as we were hoping it would. Man how did we do those days where everything was black with green screens? My systems now are all black, but the color from each of the different programs stands out like a beckoning light. I love too the clearness of the computer table with the extra things removed; except my color pens and markers and the calculator. I need those things absolutely.

The kitties like the new arrangement too. Sometimes we have to convince them that the extra space isn’t so they can sit in front of my screens! Silly cats!

I pushed the screens and keyboard back a little … My forearms are now resting on the foot of space before the keyboard for the time being sitting on an angle. That was mostly because it was comfortable, but also because now I know there will be enough room to lay a text book directly in front of me and still be able to reach the keyboard.

WoooHoooo just found out Lori was getting a new system. Can’t beat that! So much excitement in putting a package together. I think though yesterday we about made our friend faint in that male duct tape kinda thinking when he saw the mess of cords behind the table. I had to unplug the electric pencil sharpener to get in the newest cord. That was a big disappointment. I’m thinking I might have to get rid of the extension cord and build into things a second power strip. Is that possible without blowing out the whole deal? I’m thinking that way also because by Wednesday we figure that we’ll have a new phone system to plug in. No, we haven’t invested yet in a power plant, but if we had the extra cash … He was so patient untangling all the cords. He put rubber bands around each to cut down the tangle affect. Umm, said something about now being able to vacuum under there *gulp!* Hmm, I suppose we could put the stand for the cordless phone in the kitchen or on the coffee table in front of the couch. That might force me to walk into other rooms of the apartment. Yeeks, that’s scary thinking!

The next deal is in getting another set of web cams for work and home. I know, I know … check book back to zero. *sigh* I don’t know if any of you have them, but we’re thinking that someway or another we’re going to get to eventually face to face speak with V. It’s been two and a half years now and I think I’ve seen only 3 images from him. Hehehe I figure if we hook up the camera on our computer … he’ll look past our shoulders and see more of the living room then we do! Onward marches our journeys toward progress. Yep, yep give us another 5 years and we might even arrange airfare! We hold forward as our carrot the image of one day seeing a WaWa Philly sandwich and cherry tasty pie!  Hmm, better count on bringing our own jelly though 

Hmm … maybe better wait on telling V about the trip. Pretty sure he’s going to tell us to stop spending money  I know we’ll tell him we’ll get GENERIC jelly! Hmm, that might work!

Hmm, if you eat pizza for breakfast you use 82% of all the available fat you should eat for the day. That doesn’t sound so good. Drat! Sr. sent all the extra boxes from pizza day home with staff. Maybe that wasn’t such a good deal.

Ok, ok … pretty obvious that we’re avoiding work now. Let’s work toward getting a little excited about that process. Only two more days for this course. I am going to be spending my last available free week working on the big paper. I figure that I am going to take an incomplete. To do this you have to turn in all the regular work on time. That’s what we have to aim for next. Just got this week’s work to hand in. We sluffed yesterday because of the activities and because we have tomorrow off to finish getting them in. Still means we have to get a paper done both today and tomorrow. Maybe we should check to see what’s due now. Hold on.

AHA! Found my way back to school. Started by checking out the resources … We found that we don’t have any chapters to read this week instead we are supposed to do the research on our own. They offered a few suggestions, but most of that reading was through whole entire books! Man, you just know that isn’t going to work. But, we found one site that listed articles and book reviews on a lot of social work issues. The subject for this next two days is policy and procedures for economics (poverty) and religion. Found tons of really good reading. I have to do this part fast though because there is a lot of material and we’re already past morning. YEEKS! I was just skimming so far. Well, better get back to work. Have to close down for a minute first … dumb Windows Media player keeps freezing up my screen! Double damn … Ok, getting on with it then!