Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We can do this, we can, we can...

Good morning. Just have like 10 minutes here so it’s going to be fast. I just wanted to say, we are up and atom ready for the day. Yesterday when sweetie pie came over, we took clothes to the laundry, stopped at the bank, went to a couple of clothing stores and then stopped to eat. I am proud to say we ordered a diet coke and a julienne salad, yayyyyyy!!! Well, never mind that reward cheese cake 

We felt very bad for our friend because he had to shop with us. We walked out of the first store in tears. He spent the whole way to the next store calming us down and suggesting that we at least try to wear skirts or pants. We always where dresses, but they seem to be out of fashion? Not sure. Just the stores we went to for big women didn’t carry them. We eventually found two skirts, four shirts, and two under-type shirts. It cost about $200. Thought man wayyyyy to expensive. I don’t know how people do this for fun. We put on the print skirt this morning and it has a long teal short sleeved shirt that looks pretty ok. I like the long look … makes me feel skinnier. I even tried out and put on the “real” shoes. Most often I wear half something, socks and worn out tennis shoes. The last time I’d worn these shoes my feet were too big to fit in them comfortably and now they work. YAYYYYY!!!!

Our friend says that in 25 pounds we have to go back and shop again. I’m not so crazy about that idea. The feeling bad for our sweetie pie part was that right next to the fitting rooms were the bra and underwear section. Because we were getting his opinion on things that’s where he was standing. He said the whole town came into wonder why this male was standing in the under section. I just hadn’t realized at the time … Did I ever mention this is a REALLY good friend!??

Ok, gotta go … trying to strengthen our nerve. After several years wearing the same clothes …. People at work make ALLLLL kinds of comments. We’re so not looking forward to this. Although, we’ve lost … still have plenty to go. Hmm, V would say, “You can do it!” We’re not going to cry, right?