Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

All this and Ms. Saigon too

Good morning … this is me. We’re here and it’s another day … and well you know how the rest of that goes. Uh-huh. Ms. Meowy Cat is doing her thing, but I’m not sure why. We’ve done everything that we were supposed to do. I think we’re pussy-whipped. Hmpf!

We’ve only got a half an hour, but everything else is done. Rich got up a few moments early and is doing something with the computer in back of us. Neither one of us turned on the TV yet. That’s a little unusual, but we both stayed up watching too many West Wings yesterday so I think there is that much grogginess … I think too that he had trouble sleeping because of his legs being gitchy. Bad legs!

I just checked on him to be sure he was going to be ok. He said he was just going slow to wake up and that he was letting the computer takes its time. That was nice.  He said that we should continue what we were doing.

We’re not doing too much yet though. Yesterday was a kind of blechy day for no good reason. I think I was doing what I was supposed to do, but we let go of things late in the day. We remember doing Group 1 in the morning and then again at noon. We’re doing the same kind of stuff with the CIRCLES stuff like matching gestures to colors and to numbers. We took a progressive step forward in that we wanted to have them match in front of them the numbers to the colors. I’m disappointed with how many of them can’t do the tasks. I might have to try and figure that out, but not now. I just want this stuff deeply etched into their brains.

We found out that Sr. is just going to have that other person come in on Thursday next week, so we are going to need getting some stuff done. I don’t know you’ve heard me like this before and it doesn’t seem we get very far. We’re like burned out by doing the morning group, the noon group, and then the staff training group.

Between transitions and preparation and such, we are losing over a half day – and there would be more if you consider our recovery space or the walk-ins. We’re trying to keep up but just barely swimming on top. Yesterday it was a big deal to just uncover our desk. We had to do some task that required writing and I couldn’t find a flat space to do it because there were layers and layers of stuff on our desk. I know that is when we get ourselves into trouble. Today is another back-at-it day. It will be followed by a Dr. Marvin appointment. Hmm, haven’t thought there what we’re going to be doing. It will be ok, right?

I think that’s as much of yesterday as I’m going to want to remember. There was lost time there and I’m not sure where all it had gone. Just need some time to withdraw from all of that.

Last night we ate and then fell asleep again waiting for Rich to come home. I think he was there about 7 pm. We watched a couple of West Wings, but then we got so engrossed in them that we didn’t nor did Rich want to turn it off. It was the one where Zoey gets kidnapped and President Bartlett lets go the office for a couple of days until he gets over things. Pswhoo … that was pretty terrifying … except by the time Zoey was recovered then we were pretty tired and not registering much.

Hmm, forgot. There was a little Tom Foolery happening too. That was a good thing!

Hmm, one other thing too … Bob kept going back and forth in calling Rich … Rich might have made at least one of the calls. I guess this is something, but Bob has got tickets to see something something Ms. Saigon. We are officially double dating. I just can’t get over it … I’m like so stunned and flabbergasted I don’t know how to register all that, except we’re pretty sure we don’t have much to wear.

I don’t know what the other woman is going to be like at all. I think it’s going to be pretty strange for all of us. I’m going to get over it, right?

I’ve wanted this for a long time, but now that it’s here … I’m pretty afraid. I don’t want them not to like me because this step is so monumental in what will happen next. I hope that she – the other woman isn’t too fancy. I think I can be about as dull as they get. I’m not a shiny penny. Hmpf!

I won’t have the good clothes, make-up, hair style, shoes, manners and so-forth that I think she’ll have. Then I might feel deficient. I don’t want that to happen, but I’m already there. I really really hope she’s a nice person. It’s going to be ok, right? Hmm, I asked that already. Hmpf! Yeeks … I’m in repeats!

Maybe it’s time we went and got dressed. We’ve got 10 minutes left, but we want to not rush things. And, I’d like an excuse to talk to Rich for a few moments. I am thinking he’s pretty tired and we’ll want to make sure he’s ok. Ya know? Shhh…