Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still wound up - Monday

Good morning. This is me. We're at work now. I'm trying to type in the workshop. I think this might work. I'm sitting at the computer which might suit the requirement that I be using the computer, I could be between things as to not having a client over here. Yes, we're this resistant. The talkative client just walked in and she's talking out loud to herself. I don' have the buffer of my iPod this morning, so I have to handle all the noises that I'm getting. I checked out a disk so that I can copy it over to that ... it will be ok. I know that it is a Monday, but the good part is that it's only a 3 day week. I can do this, right?

I'm going to try sticking to the schedule so that I can accomplish some things today. My iPod didn't charge right, so I'll have to wait until I get in the back to let me know what's up. It's hard to concentrate with all the talking the client is doing. She's very loud, we just asked her to talk quieter, but I don't think she comprehends what that might mean. I do know that one can talk to a peer without filling up the room. If I had a tape I could start the goal where she is talking into it. Shoot, couldn't find one. I went through the supplies in the closet, but I didn't find one. The talking is so much. We had to contradict her already with her being argumentative. She wanted to hang news clippings on the wall, but at this time the wall is only themed to Thanksgiving. She has to wait until Sr. Florine says yes or no. When contradicted she went into this thing of what she'd like to imagine Sr. already told her, but of course we know that's false. *Sigh*

The room is starting to fill in, but every one's supposed to be working on their own thing. Everyone else is doing what they are supposed to. It will get better ... I really hate noise first thing in the morning. I like to think my own thoughts and not get caught up in everyone else’s thoughts. It's like an invasion.

We were up early enough this morning - 4:30 am, but we were stuck in looking at the houses. I should have looked at the other 3000 some square feet house, but I wanted just to look at the one we went for and at that, we had to drive up to another location to take a look at the place. If it were light today when we got off work, we would take a look at those other two. I'm pretty sure I would stay with the design we've been talking about of late, but the other two are worth some time. I discovered late that the others had things I like too - especially the openness to the family room from the upstairs. One of the designs though has the stairs going up from the family room rather than the front hall, but it has the biggest family room - we'd have to check to see if you could build a 3 car garage though. We didn't look at it before too seriously, because the picture shows 2 cars, but now looking out in the area, we are seeing most likely there can be 3 car garages on all of the designs. Lots of houses already built have them.

The one thing we are looking at with the other one is that it also has the open space between railing upstairs, but the big deal is that it has two staircases. One is going up from the hallway, and the other is going up from the kitchen. Like hmm, didn't see that one coming. The hallway in the Devonshire is pretty central to the house, so it's not a real problem and there is a nice little back hall to keep the laundry out of the formal areas, AND, I like the placement of the fireplace on the inner wall. There is one other view I would consider, but the one with the double staircase has the fireplace in the corner. I would rather be looking at it from straight on.

Hmm, the person is still talking ... I'm handling it right? She's taken a full half hour before she finally sat down. I don't know what it is about her to make her think whatever is on her mind is more important than what other people have on theirs. I just know there is no official work, and legitimately is the only time I can keep her from really talking out loud. When there is work in the workshop, everyone is supposed to be quiet.

Hmm, maybe she IS slowing down. I heard about 45 seconds quiet. No. It didn't last, but it made our ears feel better anyway. *Sigh*

Let's go back to yesterday. I had already written up to the time we were leaving. On the trip out, Rich was nice and we talked calmly between us mostly about the house, my thoughts toward it and then about the area that we were going through to the house. We passed the street to turn the first time because Rich thought it was a little further up according to the directions that I'd remembered. But, it was no problem, we went back and then found it with no trouble.

I really like the area. There isn't so much development ... pretty much just pockets of it and then there is like ours ... a development.

Ahh the other problem client is in now too. As to expected, he has come in riled up. He is constantly talking about the problems he and his sister are having. He's like a steam kettle. Ok, we're letting him work itself. Just need to keep him from riling the other clients. Most of them give him space. He's another one that takes a half an hour settling in. It will be ok.

Anyway I liked the area though the park part wasn't fully developed yet. And, the houses are supposed to be like 50% built, or at least 50% owned.

Hmm, ok. We’re back to our office.

Ok … let’s try that again. We drove out there, I liked the area, but I haven’t seen the actual town yet. I know it’s not too far from Naperville – and it is east of the city center. I just like for now the part that it is all open. Rich says that it will all one day fill in, but for now we’re in at about the ground level literally. The person that we first talked to is Libby. She just asked a few general questions and then had to tell us the Devonshire model was in Carpentersville. That was ok, until after we got back in the car.

Rich about went ballistic. Basically, he was afraid that if he looked at something up in that neighborhood then someone would recognize him. It took a bit to calm him down, but we said it wasn’t a problem. As much as we wanted to look at the place with him, I told him that we could drive home, and I would drive out to see it myself. At this point we’re looking at the value of calming it as our obsession. Well, we did go up – me being the we to Carpentersville, which was about an hour away from home. It was ok, because we had our thoughts AND we had our Obama books. The person that talked to me up there was somewhat more obvious, but not much than the person at the sales office. I think they are there to sell houses and they are very concerned with their protocol. They want you checked in and progressed to the next step and the next step. I will call out there again, or maybe respond to our email she’s already sent me this morning. Let’s take a look at that now. K?