Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Just a few notes - catch up Friday morning

Good morning … this is me. I know like who else, right? You know … I’m into obsessive stuff so … got to do that much. Ok, better we start again.

Good morning. I’m fine … hope you are too. We’re at work now and it’s 8 am. Officially, on our schedule we have an hour to do general work, but our filing and preparation for this afternoons meetings has been taken care of … so I have the choice I figure to write or get to work on CARF. Since we already have 2 hours of CARF from 9-11 am, we figure we are going to give ourselves this break. That’s what general time is all about I figure – we want to feel like we’re not totally trapped by our work circumstance. Maybe we’ll split the difference and write a half hour and then CARF an extra half hour … that way I can carry through and cut down on the guilt too! Ok, sounds like a plan.

Yesterday’s big deal was that we saw Dr. Marvin. There was a part out that wasn’t way sure of her. I think in general we felt accomplished because we’d been working so hard on keeping schedules, but we weren’t so far ahead of the game we wanted to relax too much with that whole issue. I think we talked pretty much about things in general. We didn’t get overly heavy … I remember saying something about not being able to remember this next morning what we’d talked about in general, but Dr. Marvin said that had to do with parts comfort ability and feelings of safety. I think the deal is that his office is a safe spot and we don’t always feel that on our own.

I wouldn’t know in specific what we talked about, but got the feeling we probably went around the normal circle of saying something about Rich, the boys, work, politics, etc. It felt a little intimidating, but we tried not to get too weird. I do remember something about coming in and teasing Dr. Marvin because the woman in front of us cries so much when she leaves his office. We’re a little confused about what to think there. I wish she had more going for her than that. I don’t know what Dr. Marvin is doing about it, but we really know it’s not his fault. He’s not like that.

Hmm, we just shut the door to the other room. We were having trouble concentrating. It’s better now and we’ve put the waves on. Feel pretty good about that. Maybe we should have something for breakfast too? Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. Ahh some pudding! Sometimes we’re so excited to have the vanilla pudding with caramel sauce we can’t wait all until lunch time. Mmm 50 calories of pure heaven!

Hmm, I think we have some work to do on the Behavioral minutes for next week … we better do that on Monday, because I’m guessing that Tuesday is going to be the Behavior meeting. Maybe I should be doing that now, but we’ve already reserved the time. I think that I’m going to take the full hour though, because it’s already 8:22 am and I haven’t gotten very far in our thoughts. BUT, at 9 am we HAVE to switch over to CARF – ok? That’s the new rules!

We had fallen asleep last night when Rich got home, but his getting in seemed to wake us up. I don’t remember exactly how it went down, but we watched a couple of shows with him and then SOMEbuddies were like playing around some … Nope, nope not I said Chicken little. I do remember that afterward we snuggled with him in bed until the wee hours when we got up to take care of a crink in our neck and then went back to bed in our own space. While we were cuddled up though it was very grand. I don’t think he minds me being there and he seemed relaxed in that I don’t think sleep was giving him so much trouble last night. It seems he’s been doing a lot of restless stuff lately. I think he just has to be put down to sleep properly … and WOOHOO!! Is it gosh darn nice!

This morning we woke up just at 6 am, so we got the shower started without turning on the computer or TV. We then went to wake up Rich but he was … shall we say resistant?! So, we took our shower and then went in to try that again. It took another 10 minutes to arise some real sense of consciousness, but he followed through pretty good. After he went into the bathroom, I went back to the computer and turned on the TV. He brought us both coffee and sat down. Well, there was SOME cat urping that had to be taken care of first, but other than that we got a few moments to be in that same space. Then, we remembered that we hadn’t taken our medicine and packed our bag, so we got up to do that and get dressed.

All that activity must have been encouraging to Rich because he got up then and went to his computer in the kitchen. I was glad for the opportunity to fill HIS cup of coffee. I got to watch then about 15 minutes of TV before we had to leave.

Smoochyface always meets me at the door for our last set of kisses for a bit. He’s so dreamy!

The trip to work was uneventful as has been the morning so far. Rich has got some good plans … I remember him saying something about a meeting and picking up a few checks, but I think around 11 he is going to pick up his daughter from the airport.

WooHOO! He always likes that! I think he will probably have lunch with her, though I don’t think he’s planning to spend the entire day with her. She’ll want to be seeing her mother too. Maybe she’s going to see her grandmother this time with Rich? I’m not sure. I don’t have any plans for the weekend with or without Rich and I know he likes to keep things open when the kids are home so he can make those dates. He too maybe have reffing. He did that last night and seemed pretty sore and in need of good massaging. You know how we try to please.

Yesterday in general turned out pretty good. We were following along in the schedule for the most part. Maybe just a few moments off, but not much. We started with Group 1. They had tags to do so there wasn’t any computer work. Hmm, Mr. O was in yesterday too … that was nice … he’d tried to fix one of the laptops but didn’t seem to have the right disks. We tried looking all over the place with him for it, but it was not successful. I don’t know what he did with it in the end, if anything.

We had a little run in with our problem client, but she calmed down … she wants so hard to be the center of everyone’s attention. We patiently let her talk up until work time, but then try to reign her in. Remember no talking during work time. In the end we were successful. Margarita came in somewhere in there – earlier today than yesterday. She let us continue doing the checking while she worked on something at her tables. That was ok. The clients got a lot of productive work done. Sometimes I hate to turn it over to Sr. because they are moving so fluidly – and we are moving as fast as they can work … but I don’t think sister gets around that fast or can focus on just work like we are. True she has more responsibilities, but she’s also got a whole day to do it. The best workers had up to 27 bundles counted and the least had 6-7. Considering those people can turn in 10 all day sometimes … I think I left them in pretty good shape.

I then took care of general stuff … I also wrote an entry for the Newsletter. We did one on learning. I think it went past Sister – as to being cleared, but I don’t know if she edited it. We try to stick to ¾ a page, but sometimes it feels long.

We tried to be clear, but I don’t have really good feedback to check out how we did. I told Rosa that we’d left something on Sister’s desk. She seemed relieved because she said the DSPs handed in very short submissions. I usually fill up 1/8th of the newsletter. That’s half of one of the 4 sides.

Rich came in about the time we were finishing up. He sat down and wasn’t too on target I think. We were happy because we were being businesslike. It does seem to take some of the pressure off of us to be doing real work. There’s too a feeling that things are getting accomplished. We talked about 10 minutes about things in general, and then he went up to the front and worked before leaving for the day. We didn’t give him an official good bye. But, it seemed to be ok.

We did some work on CARF but didn’t get real far. We only responded to one question. That’s a little disappointing. We should up the goal at this point to do at least 1 a half hour if not 15 minutes. That would be ideal. We then tackled an annual before lunch. We got that almost accomplished and what we didn’t do then, we finished after lunch. We had to stop short before lunch because both Holly and Sister we’re going to be out and I had to watch the lunch group for the full half hour. That didn’t turn out to be any major problem. There were a few people being too noisy, but other than that it was pretty routine.

At noon right after lunch we went into our work with Group II. It turned out pretty good. There were some who got it and a few who really didn’t. One of the girls in this group likes to sleep after she stuffs herself with lunch so we felt good we kept her up. The process is going pretty well as to recording how they are doing.

It’s a little long though to keep repeating stuff over and over again. Now today the Leadership group should have a meeting, but we have First Aid Training and the soup kitchen interfering with that plan. So, we’ll have to carry over the lesson until next week. It’ll be ok. Hmm, I think that Group III might be passed over because of the behavioral meeting. Hmm, I didn’t think we’d get this far behind so quickly. And then we’re going to have Thanksgiving day and the following Friday off too so that will slow down two more groups maybe 3 I’m not sure if sister will be doing anything that Wednesday. Maybe dessert I think I heard her say. We used to get to eat out at a banquet hall, but that’s been canceled this year on account of low money. Drat!

After we completed annuals, we went to working on Qnotes again. We got another clients done. It took a little longer because we had to work through missing data.

But, in general, I was pleased just in that we got the client’s work done – AND, it included the graph. We’re making progress.

So, that was pretty much it of the day. I’m looking forward to today being a Friday and getting a weekend as soon as we were … I’m not pushing it this time like I have been recently, but I do appreciate getting to spend some unconditional time. It would be nice if Rich were around, but I’m prepared for him to be gone. I would really like if he and Maury got a chance to play some poker, but I’m not sure how long it is going to be before that happens. We’ve still got plans to go to Rich’s mothers on Thanksgiving, but we’re not sure what we are going to do with the boys.

I think you’ve heard our preference. I would like Rich and us to prepare a meal … that be really cool. Maybe too we could have it on Friday so maybe Lauren and Alexis could be there too. I’m not sure of Lauren, but I’m pretty sure Alexis has the day off. Since it’s the most major shopping day I’m thinking now Lauren won’t be there. It be ok, just wish she would be able to make it. I better work tonight or tomorrow on getting a commitment with Rich. I think he has to settle what he’s doing with his kids before he can commit to anything else. I hope he does that soon. I’m figuring all plans are going to revolve around the mother. But, by now she should have something locked down, right?

Ok … just five minutes left. I should probably post. There was one more thing we thought we should be doing during one of our next general times. We still have to take care of charting for the work of Group II. We should be able to do it within a half hour. Maybe we can use productively the time between 2 and 2:30 pm, Hmm? Ok now I believe in you … let’s do it!