Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zipping along

Good morning. This is me. I’m hoping that you are you :)

We’re up, but got a late start. We woke up about 3:45 am, fed the cats, made the coffee, sat down and decided we needed more sleep. So then Sweetie woke us up and then we couldn’t wake up, and then about 6 he woke us up again, so we figured we better get up and take our shower right away, so we did that got our medicine ready and our gym clothes and so here we are, but it’s already 6:20 am. Yeeks.

We had an ok type day yesterday. We didn’t get far though because Imelda called in sick and that meant we got back the Leadership group. That and of course we did Group I for the first hour of the day, but that’s pretty regular by now and not getting any better.

Sister talked to me yesterday about the staffing situation. She said that Karla an old employee called back and said that she saw the job advertised in the newspaper and she wanted to know if she could do something on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So now Sister is thinking about her working the Leadership group on Thursday and subbing on Tuesday if necessary. That give me one more day off, but it would mean she’s not hiring for Fridays and if anyone gets sick like yesterday that would mean that I’m going to need substituting. I don’t think it’s affecting Holly the same way, because I’m doing like ten hours of work on DSP jobs and Holly’s getting like 2 because she only has to do two days where she’s only working 12 to 1 because either she gets Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 or Thinking Group on Friday’s at 1. Hiring Carla is only going to improve my schedule by 2 ½ hours. I still have 7 ½ hours of DSP work, and believe me NONE of my other work is getting accomplished.

Yesterday after I got through the day … Sister had me cleaning out a box though I had been filling in the DSP records, which is taking MORE time … That bit into the day … and then by 2 pm I went to give something to Sr. Florine, and then I saw how badly backed up she was, so I helped to count beads and get her paperwork done. We talked some, but only between counting beads. Hmm, I also helped her clean up a bit. She’s so tired by the end of the day that she can barely move. She was asking me to get this or that for her. I tried to comply. All of that took me to 4 pm.

And, by then I certainly wanted to go home even though my papers weren’t completed with the chrononotes. I will have to do that this morning.

The big rush in getting out the door was that I was looking forward to doing my gym. I of course had my new iPod and I wanted to give that a whirl. Plus, I wanted to get to the gym early enough to avoid any possible rush between 5 and 6 pm. I am going to need to learn to play my iPod at times but not during the car ride. Mostly this is because I’m missing my time listening to the news. I had just come up with listening to NPR to catch news and I’m going to need doing that again, because there is no other real good time to be doing news. I’m missing that veg-out time right after work where I used to play around with news and celebrity gossip. That’s an ok thing to give up for the gym. But, still need my news.

The gym went well. I was concentrating on improving my walking minutes. I did it!

I’m now up to 12 minutes. This is like the most amazing thing ever. I think I could have gone further, but I didn’t want to press my luck. I had started feeling a little sore, so I stopped so I didn’t tire myself out for the weight machine workouts upstairs. The iPod was terrific. I only looked at my time 3-4 times while working. Most of the time I was listening to the music and then reading the close-captioned words for the TVs that was in front of me. I think I stated before there are about 3-4 groups of TVs where there are 3 bundled up in each group. I think that’s pretty awesome. It got me to get my mind off of what we were doing. Hmm, and also I upped the pace to 1.8 that seemed to work out ok. I didn’t do so good on the scales this morning though. I think it was because when I woke up earlier to feed the cats, etc. I had the rest of the spaghetti from last week. So by the time I weighed myself, we were back up to 262. Ugh. But, we’re not going to give up in the least. I know by now the weight fluxes and this is within the normal range.

After doing the treadmill, we went up to the machines. We started with the ball on our back, which felt good after the long walk. And, then we proceeded though the machines. I think we got to more machines than we had before, and we challenged the pounds lifting or pushing. If we got to the first set too easily on the weight that we’d chosen, then during the second set, we would add another weight. We did two sets of everything we worked on. That turned out to be a good deal. The music helped tremendously. I felt I were in a zone and it was going very quickly. I also focused on not spending too much time waiting between different machines. I noticed that some of the people spent too much time weighting. It was like they were really having to consider hard before going on to the next thing. I didn’t want to get stuck in that. I figured that I had a lot to accomplish and it wasn’t going to help if I just sat around. Then too, I didn’t want to take up machine space for someone else who might have wanted to work on the machine I’d just finished. It is frustrating when others take too long to just be sitting when I’m waiting for that machine.

I was really pleased in that the machines were not being overly used, and that gave me some time to get used to the space without the pressure of a lot of people. And, then I found that by the end of the workout there were even fewer people. Like about 4-5. That was pretty cool. I had left work about 4:15 pm, did the ½ hour drive to the gym, and then I stayed until I’d noticed the clock said 6 pm. That was a substantial work out time. WoohOO!!

On the way home I felt very accomplished. I felt a new kind of strength I hadn’t felt for a long time. There wasn’t a moment at the gym that went by where I wasn’t happy to be there. I think it all got mixed up, but I noted that the closer I felt to walking in the back door the more zipped I was feeling. I took one look at Rich when I got in … he was standing in the kitchen … that I felt super-powered. He came over to give me my kiss and we wrapped our arms around him and told him very directly … we are going to sex the hell out of you. And, we’re going to do it NOW!

Hehehe. Well, then all things progress as they may, but it was certainly a pleasant homecoming. I thought Wow! What happens when I really start losing weight. I’m going to be an uncontrollable nymphomaniac! Sigh ok, worse things have happened.

Rich then fixed up some dinner from leftover for me and he made himself a steak, and then we watched a movie – action/thriller as somebody got rubbed ever so nicely.

Hehehe. Man gotta keep up this gym routine. I think it’s one of the best 2008 decisions we’ve made so far. Because I’m feeling GREAT! Let’s keep it up now, K?