Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Working at the weight yet

Good morning … this is me. It’s back to a Monday morning. We’re up later today at least as late as about 5:30 am. Rich said he was up at 4:30 am, but laid back in bed until 5 am, and then he got me up after his shower. And, then we talked for a bit. Well … talked and watched Rich think through his morning. He said he had 3 things to do, but only time for 2. I think he made a decision now although it wouldn’t surprise me if he switched his mind. He said he was going to go back to the kitchen table and straighten out a few things.

It gives me just a few moments though before we take our shower. We’re still in that place where we can hardly wait to be connected to the music. I’m going to try saving the iPod for when we’re away from the computer so that we don’t get tired of our more limited music. We did get a pretty good collection of Coldplay. That’s a good deal. We haven’t listened all to the new album, because we’ve got it on mix. Then I’m going to have to decide whether I listen to the music on the way to work or the radio PBS. And, if I can’t make a choice it will be split one ear for both.

I find it soooo liberating to have the music from the iPod. The quality is just sooo good. Now I think I’m going to be envious of V who’s probably been collecting for a while and knows what he likes. It was a long time ago when he got his MP3 player … he’s had some time with it to develop his sounds. Ok, enough of that … envy is better later in the day … like after you go to bed. ;)

I talked to Maury yesterday and he said he’d bring some CDs over. He says he has SOME stuff I might like … Just know the first on the list was a couple of Enya’s WOOHOOO… That’s my boy!

I felt bad, because yesterday was a total melt down kinda day with our electronic ware. Man … We’re just getting so plugged in that it’s hard to imagine all the complications it could bring. We’re still not hooked up with the Video box, but Rich and us have been making good use of the TV. Last night we picked a movie that Rich had recorded. It was a silly one, but I enjoyed it because we were in that being massaged position wooHOO!!! Good stuff. Hmm, there’s more to say, but maybe I better get in the shower while I’m having such a nice Rich memory hehhe.

Ahh there we go … out of the shower … medicine has been taken and food packed … shoot forgot about gym clothes better do that too. Hmm, have to remember that … one undershort one over short, a shirt, hair thingy and a hand towel. I have to be careful with the other under thingie … better make sure I wear one … hehehe … I’ve got the socks and shoes on already. Should have my hair up too just gotta make sure.

Do you know what? Do you know what? We weighed in at 260 this morning! That’s a new low weight! Came down by 2 pounds since yesterday. That’s a SUPER deal!

I have to tell you … we worked hard for that. We went swimming! We went 30 times to the north and 30 times to the south … so we’re counting that as 60! And, then after that we went in the hot tub – it was very large for a bit, but we skipped the sauna because we didn’t have the proper shoes. We need the sandals or flip-flops whatever for the pool too. We’ll stop by Walgreen’s and pick up a pair there tomorrow. I think we’re going to try the schedule of every other time gym then swim. I’d like to say Monday, Wednesday and Saturday gym, and Tuesday, Friday and Sunday swim, but something might come up on one of those days … so I think we have to concentrate on every other day with Thursdays open for Dr. Marvin. We also figured we should go after work, but if we’re really starving to death … eh come home and then go out about 7 – 8 pm. We’re just pretty sure we need to avoid the 5-7 time.

The pool wasn’t too bad, though for a while it got crowded. By that I mean – the pool takes 8-9 people, but after that it seems crowded. That’s where the whirlpool and sauna come in. I noticed there being a predominance of older men … there were other women there too, but not many young people. It must be the old dude, dudette thing to do. That suits me fine … I’m big enough to be considered older. I smiled at a couple people and saw people chatting in the pool and in the other two, but otherwise I haven’t struck up a conversation yet. I feel like we’re being too new to be overly confident. But, it wasn’t bad.

There were a couple of people who tried to mess with my lane, but for the most part I was left alone. There was one lady when I came in who seemed dedicated to be going back and forth, but there weren’t very many serious continuous swimmers in the lap lanes. I have to figure out if what I’m doing in walking is considered good lane usage or whether I belong on the loafing side. Because there weren’t many lane swimmers, I didn’t feel too bad in the lane directly between the two sections. I have to be unafraid and remember that I’m adaptable.

I think when I’m at Walgreens we’re going to get a locker too. Maybe that way we can keep a short set and then just rotate it out after using it. I think we’re going to need bringing our swim suit in and out because it gets wet and needs to be like the towel hung out. Oh that’s a thing too … we need a new swimsuit. When I tried to swim … I umm almost fell out of the top part. That’s no good. It’s too loose. Rich agreed with me too … too loose not good. I think we’ve got an option in that they are probably having good deal on the leftover swimming suits and we’re pretty close to the next $100 from Rich for clothes.

WooHOO!! That’s because we’re up to 47 pounds and he says we get a new $100 each 25 pounds. That’s a good deal!

I was so surprised to have dropped that last 2 pounds. I was hoping the swimming would make some difference, but it’s really grand when it happens. I’ve got a renewed sense of optimism!

We missed the workout on Saturday because we thought it was open until 9 pm … we got there at 8 pm, but discovered it had closed at 7 pm. I think 5:30-11:00 pm on Monday through Thursday, and then 5:30-10:00 pm on Fridays and 8:00-7 pm on weekends. I was disappointed, but we’re making do.

I am so psyched about having a gym membership right now. I hope that it lasts and we learn to work it when we’re feeling a bit down. But, it just seems like the right thing to do. Can’t say enough about it.

Ok, we need to be winding down because it’s almost time to go. One note on the iPod … We’re not quite up to speed yet on the part where we hook it up to the “Me” program. We’ll work on it though … just need to do it at a time when we’ve got some stamina built up to handle it. Right now it’s on a 60 day membership so if it doesn’t work, we’ll cancel it. But, I think we have more probability of making it work within that time. Just got to remember not to panic.