Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, September 24, 2007

This is very romantic happenings!

Good morning. This is me. Here we are on vacation and it doesn’t barely seem probably to you that we’re gone … woohoo!!! I put up a picture of us and the kitty so we don’t feel so lonely for them. Well guess I didn’t feel lonely as much as I worry because they are probably waking up right now and realizing we didn’t come home last night – SOOO there isn’t any new food for them. We did given them lots of dry, but they are going to complain that it isn’t the same thing. Cat’s they are just like that. Wouldn’t you know.

Ahh … now the coffee is made and that’s seeming pretty good to us. Even though I maybe didn’t make it so good. This is the kind of place where they give you a little can of coffee instead of those pre-made dealies and that’s really a pretty good deal. We forgot about getting the morning muffins, so we’ll have to wait a while for that. There is so many nice things – food included that we’ll have to slow down and write them out one at a time.

For now let’s see what’s first?

Hmm, probably the first thing is that Rich is letting us use his computer and that’s a really big deal. He set it up for us last night. There was much too much to do, but it helped to settle us considerably. There is a password that you don’t want to mess up, because three mistakes and it will boot you. And then the computer administrator has to let you in and that wouldn’t happen until business hours and it’s supposed to be very embarrassing. We didn’t do that though. Fishy man got up for us this morning and let us in again.

Ok, now let’s talk about that for a moment. Fishyman. Can I just say here for the record that he is probably the greatest man that ever lived? Uh-huh … it’s true. There’s no doubt about it in my mind at all. AND, we’re talking even more than the fantastic you know what! And, might I add that the bed is king size! Whew.

Ok, I know enough of that. Let’s now skip over to the part where I am looking at a beautiful fire, which is also taking off the chill of the night air. Ohh. Yes, time … it is about 4:30 am, but that makes it 5:30 am here in MI. That’s very good idea as far as muffin eating goes. A few moments ago, we opened all the shades by the front window. It’s still pretty dark out there, but we wanted to catch the first of the sun and scenery when it comes up. That seems pretty exciting to me too, but we’re thinking that we should probably let fishy man sleep in. He is sooo good to us.

Things worked out as I’d hoped they would in that it served his fishyman’s needs to be sitting on top of the grocery store. It’s more like a mini-mart, but it does some good business, because it is right here. I think she laughed after selling Rich the third bottle of wine … umm, no we didn’t just drank two, but it seemed sufficient. We had talked on our way up about the local wine growers and he name Fenn, so he bought one bottle of grape, and then two bottles of cherry wine. Oh man is it good … It makes you feel your eating a deep dark delicious cherry! No, not maraschinos! The really good kind! No, it’s not probably a good idea for breakfast food … darn how’d I get that so in my mind??

Next, let’s see. I’m sitting about 12-15 feet away from a fire which is beautiful. It is one of those where you only need to flip a switch and in actuality it is behind a glass with a vent on top. I can’t see the glass though. It is fairly deep and a light stone inside so that it reflects the light from the fire. It is soooo beautiful!!! Hm, I think we’re into the explicatives this morning. I would open the door to check all that out, but I don’t know what the buggy thing is like. We were out on the balcony, but we lit a candle on the table out there – the kind that keeps mosquitoes at bay. Hmm, I could go out there just for a few moments though and check it out. I think there is enough moon floating on top of the river to make it glisten. And, you know what? There were honest to God real stars out there! It was just phenomenal.

Oh there is so much out there to feel. Never before was there such a nice suite. I don’t think we can do it justice by describing it … Later when it gets a little lighter, we’ll try to remember our camera and get some pictures. It is just an incredible location. Again we are just above the little store – It opens to the rear of us right onto the street. And, then next to us is one of those places that you can load your boat right into the water, so there is plenty of action to see, because the deck of course faces the back of the building which is right on top of the water. If we look under the balcony, we can see the cement walking thing, which is like the size of a double sidewalk and that’ about it. Right outside the building are boats. I don’t know what kind … they are big enough to be out on Lake Michigan and might be considered mini-yachts. I know there are bigger, because I can see them parade in front of us. That’s exactly what it was like too. A parade. Down the block is the entry to lake Michigan, and to the left of us is the city’s big lake. But, I forget what this is called right in front of us. It’s a river though and the street is called, “Water.”

I’m not under-representing how close we are to the water. I could through a marshmallow – tiny! And, it would land in the guys boat. And, we know it’s very deep, because the next place over to our right is the landing dock for the big paddle wheel boat. We’re talking very big holds over 100 – double decker kind. Rich says that we can take a ride in it before we leave on Tuesday. They offer at 1 and 3 a long ride of about 1 ½ hours. I watched them yesterday … they went to the small lake and then out on Lake Michigan. I know the lady downstairs – Jane owns the gas station pump out on the dock to the left and then there are charter boats, I think. In my heart, I wanted to walk down the block, but I didn’t think I could do it.

Sorry, I just fell into a gaze looking into the fire. It just dances, and dances. It’s so pretty. Hmm, did I tell you something? Rich went and got ice cream last night … that tells you what a good mood he was in. It is cherry and chocolate in there … Hehehe ok, so it is turning into rather a theme. A pretty good one I think!

Oh man did that hit the spot. In the meantime I went over and took a look at yesterday’s blog. The picture right after it says, “Be good!!!” that’s exactly how it looks here when there is light. The only thing you are missing is that to the right, directly across the big couch and to the right of the small table, lamp and window is the fireplace. There are actually two small windows to the left and one small window to the right. I think that’s an interesting decoration too. When you look out those windows you can see interesting things over the next building, which kind of makes me feel as if someone thought things through.

Hmm, just faded off there again … I might try a little more sleep, but I worry about missing the lights.

Oh oh. We didn’t make it … we sorta fell asleep. It’s now 7:28 am Chicago time, 8:28 am MI time. Rich is going to use the computer for a few moments, but we think we’ll make it. The lights are on outside and the first boats are going by, but nothing like yesterday … man that was a trip. I’m still yawning. I went earlier over to the couch to lie down across the fire just for a few moments, but then about a half hour slipped by and then I realized that I was chilled, so I snuck back to bed with Sweetie Pie. I ended up using the mask again, but I felt snuggly. I think my hand was on his back. I can’t believe it that we were actually sleeping with him. There’s nothing about this place that doesn’t breathe in romantic.

Rich woke up first the second time and we had trouble leaving the warm covers, so we slipped on a jacket/sweatshirt type thing. Now we’re in kind of a daze, not comprehending the beauty quite enough … the windows are open fully, the fire in its place. Rich has turned off the news program, because he’s decided to take a shower. I guess the idea of cranberry muffins has settled in and we are going to be moving in that direction. Slowly though. I’m thinking that its probably a good idea to be taking our medicine … but, I don’t want …. Ok, girls … we’re not on THAT much vacation … now please? Remember the other day when we couldn’t get started? I know, I know.

Ahh that’s better. Well not really better, but it was a good idea.

Someone got busted for eating ice cream this morning. No, not me … Rich knew somebody came into the suite and ate the ice cream. I keep forgetting that somebody should leave his or her bowl in the sink … that’s just silly.

Hmm, been looking around again … did a little rereading. I think we’re feeling kind of tired, but it might be because of taking the medicine late. The people right across from us and a little over have done some nice landscaping. It’s pretty beautiful. The boat in the picture from yesterday out the first set of windows is the same boat I’m seeing out there now. He looks like he’s got a stone breaker topped off by a rustic umm whatever it is that rusts red, I forgot. Ahh, we spot a jogger. Just across the way it’s like a terrace. On the lower level is the boat and docks, Then some nice landscaping, then in the middle of the view is a road, and then up above that houses and sometimes mixed in the trees above that is more houses, but there is a reasonable amount of space between them. It’s so gorgeous.

Whoops Sweetie Pie is drying himself. He’s such a champion. Hehehe this next person past has got a dog, but she is only walking. There’s a little mysteriousness too, because there is a house between the others without much landscaping, It has old windows across the front and is dark, and it is for sale. You would need a lot to improve it, I bet, but it is cool thinking that you might buy the place and fix it up. No, we’re not talking reasonably here, but just enough to fill my romantic interludes.