Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, September 17, 2007

Just a few quick notes at work - revving up

Good morning … this is me. We’re at work now … we had started something this morning at home, but it only was a paragraph written at 3:30 am before heading back to bed. Basically, it said that Sweetie Pie came home last night and there was … well anyway … There was a smile left on my face. Ok, not going to go there …
I would like to focus now on getting back to work. It’s 8:15 am. We were in about on time, but read a few news articles. We’re trying to adjust to the pain levels that we are going through. We did the warm up exercises this morning, but not on Saturday and Sunday. The front of our knee stings and there is not much strength to be standing up and down. I got my extra support this morning, but it doesn’t take away the pain. Not sure what we’re going to do with that, because I’m supposing that it is going to get worse before it gets better. This morning what got us past it was the thought of being on vacation next weekend. I’m very much looking forward to that.

Ahh … Jacuzzi!

I think one of the things that I might have to do is get some kind of ice pack thing going. That’s what happened at the end of the session on Friday. She put a nice big bag on it. It was heavy though and she had it arranged so that there was pressure pushing it down, or locking the knee. She said that that was done by design.

Hmm, ok I did some shifting of stuff … I wanted to get back to the ASCD web page. I set it up on both computers as a home page. I’m not sure why we’re fixed on it … but it seemed a part of trying to figure out where we were this morning. Today is the day that we are supposed to be working on CARF. Mondays that is. Not sure where we are with that. We might need to check our schedules to make sure everything is falling into place. Today’s appointment is at 7 pm, so we’re going to be doing some overtime at work. Fishyman is going to be doing a game tonight. I think we’re scheduled to be getting back at the same time. We need to coordinate schedules so that we arrange to get something to eat that is healthy. I’ve got $7 … I know a big budget person. I also remembered to take our medicine with us because that would be too much evening time without it. Ok, so far so good.

It was taking us a lot of pushing and complaining to get going this morning. I think the pressure of not being with that extra encouragement during the weekend was tough on our system. We are pretty worried how we are going to tolerate what she’s going to put us through without falling deeper into depression. We were pretty crabby too when Fishyman pushed us to be getting on the scale this morning … we’re back at 324. That certainly can’t be good. But, even in the presence of good Joe, I couldn’t resist having the brownie ice cream combination when we went out yesterday. This on top a salad that was purportedly going to be us doing good.

There was some good stuff there. I got to spend some time with Joe yesterday. He is doing good and explained that all three boys are now on this running program. At least should be … Thom said he was going to start. I guess he’s thin, but not in good strength condition. I think Joe is worried about him. I think he is going to be starting with his new work soon … I didn’t get to much information on that. I just think he’s going to be trading again. I have to be doing work soon, so I’m going to skip a lot of the inbetween stuff – basically, Joe is getting ready for his Karate match … he and his friend Alex are going to fight (not together, but at the same meet). It is coming up mid October. That’s part of why the two boys are working at getting in shape … and then of course, the other two boys are joining in the running activities. This is a big change from being TV or game potatoes. Our buddy says this should be an inspiration to us.

The big news is that one way or another, Joe is recommending – after we volunteered that we go to church with him. It has to be arranged around a visit by his grandmother. She’ll be heading back to Florida soon. Joe visited her Catholic church and now there is a chance for him that she’ll visit his church. Both of us are going to need working through the idea. The best part is deepening a relationship with Joe PLUS God is a pretty big deal thing. I don’t want to cramp his style and I compared it to our other relationship where being a “couple” like being a mom and son will take some working through. But, it is one of the most significant things I can do. I also told him that I think that my inability to be resolving has to do with a lack of faith. I have thoughts that I’m not being covered where that could be a relationship I have with God.

Ok, I’m not going to scare anyone here, including myself with too much in that direction. The point is that I’m going to be doing something that’s very good for me. As to how we do being in church and not becoming a burden to Joe is something we will have to work on.

Ok, that being said … we need to go back to focusing on work. We’re at the 9 am mark and just got a call from Kathy over at CSO … Now I know why I was being pressured the last time to have my paperwork in … they are in position to be going through an IDHS inspection. She’s looking to put together at least 10 good files, which means we’re being leaned on. That’s ok, it is good for us. We have 3 annuals to write that we’re behind … I think I’m going to concentrate on that today, and what is necessary for tomorrow. I also have to get ready for a Wednesday staffing … need to check that … better make sure after chapel that the DSP is aware what is going on. VERY IMPORTANT … And, we’re going to need to get some work done there.

It’s best to meet with that staff first thing in the morning, so I’ll try to set it up for tomorrow then fight like the dickens to be there.

So, I guess we have our agenda in order. Let me think now if there is any other thing we are going to need doing. Ahh, yes, training. We are going to need getting something together there. And, I think we need to check our October schedule. I might have to schedule something more. Hmm, oh yes and we need to change the one October appointment we have. Ok, so then what is it going to take to start the annual? I suppose that we have to open the book and find our papers. Then we’re going to need sending things out for signatures. That’s enough for one day. It’s important too, because I think those couple of guys are in today. AHA! They are. So, I better get them done sooner, than later. I know though that for right now they are going to be going to the soup kitchen. It’s a volunteer position for some of our people … usually 3 go every Monday.

Ok, so are we almost ready? I think my desks are almost cleared. There is something here now on my desk, let’s see what that is. Ahh that is right. We had done something late Friday to get information written down about the staff training meeting. We’re going to need go up to our mailbox to see if Sr. responded to that summary. I had asked her if I could give a copy to each of the DSPs. She likes to check what they are getting before they get it and come to her with problems. I spent a little time with her last week and she was saying that there were problems overriding some of her systems. Well, she didn’t say it like that, but that was the indication. I think she was referring to the staff. Some of it might be that they are having personal problems, that of course, we couldn’t help her out with. Ok, so maybe we are going to need going up front and also get out our flash drive. I would like to read over what we wrote again. Also, we need to do something with the other meetings. Hmm, think we did something with the Circles program, I’m not sure about the Thinking group. We’ll need to check. Sr. wanted something recorded this year.

At least that is what she included on our job description just finished.

Ahh, we’re starting to reboot. Hmm, I think we’re going to need pushing ourselves for a summary after the meeting of what is happening with the people. Seems we’re forgetting all of that already. Ok, first thing first. Let’s go check our mail, stop at the washroom and get out our drive. Ok, oh yeah and the first clients file. We’re going to do this, right?!!