Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ok, Headed out ... VACATION!!!



Good morning. It is us … we’re up and about and have been rereading over some posts for the last 45 minutes. It is now about 4:15. Sweetie Pie naturally is in bed, but I think we got to bed maybe even a little before 9 maybe after so we’re good to be up. I think we’re going through that phase of reality that we’re leaving our computer behind. Maybe though we can use Rich’s computer up North if we promise not to save anything. I should theoretically be able to access my blog and the ASCD site … which means I can be doing reading. I’m not sure though, because I think he has fears that everything he does is being monitored. Maybe to the degree of which web sites he visits, but then he does all that fishy scouting stuff and all so maybe they aren’t monitoring as much as fishy man is a little paranoid. We’ll have to adjust to all that. I know what it feels like to lose “your space” on the computer. And, I definitely see a point to that concern.

Hmm, I was trying not to feed the kitties so early because they could get used to it, but we’re aching for a cup of coffee and that be rude to go into the kitchen without considering them too. They’ve gone back to leaving me alone for now, but … ok, let’s do it. I know they will meet me in there … probably halfway. Sometimes one or two of them will lay in the hall just to meet me before I forget they should be better cared for. Hold on.

Ok, that is partway done … fed the kitties and started the coffee. In the meanwhile I poured some cereal and got a banana. That should make do for awhile. I love this cereal. We’re eating cheerios honeynut, or something close to that. Can’t seem to get enough of it. But, since its appropriate for breakfast, we’re good to go.

Mmm … just going over the site again and stopped to check out the deli. I think Rich is going to like that a lot. Maybe too for breakfast we can get a couple of cranberry muffins … wow just out of the bakery microwave!!! Just can’t be beat! It sure would be neat to go up with the boys and grandchildren. We could have ½ the suites and they could have the other ½ suite. Ok, ok … we’re way ahead of ourselves again. But, here it is almost time to go. I mean today!! Hmm, Rich said something about washing clothes first … that’s going to take a couple of hours. Hmm, that doesn’t seem so hard to remember … 650 Water Street … think we can do that. Gotta let Selma know – Rich’s car computer … she’ll bring us straight in. Better write that down on a card though, cus we’re not going to remember the phone. They have regular groceries too and things like ice … and did we mention beer, liquor, and wine??? Most Sandwiches are about $5.66 and the potato salad is $3.95. I think Rich will like too that we can get a roast chicken for $6.95. That should save some and they got salad platters for a good rate … $5.66 … Nothing wrong with that, plus they deliver for free hehehe Naw I’m pretty sure Rich is going to want to go pick out for himself. He’ll need an excuse to go down to the dock.

I think he is really going to like this place, but I’ve been forewarned about the money situation. He said that he wants to take us out, but we’d rather him save his money and take us out in some kind of boat. Hmm, where did I see that.

Hmm, that took some time. It’s now 7 am and we’re just finishing up on a tour of Saugatuck again. I have to quit doing that. We’ve decided against renting the yacht … it was $1200 for two hours … Everything else is more reasonable. Like I think it cost $15 for an hour and a half ride on the paddlewheel and that runs at 1 pm and 3 pm … so we’re going to shoot for that. I think the dune ride too. That might be the same cost for about 35-40 minutes. They should be running for a bit yet. I’ve thought that if we really had some extra time we could take a walk down Water Street and the one in back. Those are the ones that have the most little shops, but I could take or leave that. I’m thinking more now that we should see if we can get in the wine cellar – not sure about accessibility there. If nothing else … we should check out the local wines. Mmm. There’s about every berry flavor imaginable. Sweetie pie woke up for a moment or two about 5:30 am. He said go back to bed and no we don’t need to go golfing. So, we might not go that route, though we didn’t go back to bed.

Hmm, thought I just heard some water like the shower, but I don’t think he is up.

Hmm, maybe he is?

Hmm, he was up … after he poured himself some coffee he joined us in the living room for a small bit, then we both gathered a few clothes for the washer, he took his shower, dressed, and then went somewhere apparently. I had started the dishwasher and showered, took my medicine and still find the place to be empty. I thought he might have to get himself some quarters, but I thought they were just out in the car. Hmm, he’ll be back. Meanwhile, I have a couple of chores left, but needed a break. I want to pick up the living room some, empty the cat litter, get dressed, and pack. Then I will be already. Can’t forget the sleep apnea machine or that we have to stop by and pick up the medicine. Couldn’t go a full weekend without. I think Missy knows something is up, because she’s been tailing me and now after a couple of pass byes, she’s laid down on a strange angle to my left wrist as if she’s coming on it from above. With her two paws … she has grabbed my elbow. She was padding it, but now she is just resting her head by it. I feel bad that I have to leave her. They get so crabby when we’re gone. Sure the first day there is a party, but after that … just picking up and hangovers left … and there you go … two tired kitties!

Well, maybe its not like that all the way, but you do gotta ask about the dry mouth they seem to have … Yeah, ok, right.

Whoops Missy had a spit-up accident … shoot they started drinking already! Better go take care of them brb.

Whew. Gottit I think … she had problem in a couple of spots and I picked up outside their closet door where there was a spot of trouble. That was enough for the legs though … we’ll give it a break and then change the litter. AND THEN, clean the living room, and pack. Be nice if it was all before Rich came home … what’s the chance he would give me more orders before the clothes finished drying? Hmm… I think I’m still in back of him. He said though that he has to pay some bills on the computer between things. Ok, just a little break. Best to get the kitty litter taken care of before he goes back downstairs.

Oh dear … still haven’t gotten the medicine taken care of and the kitty is now using the washroom. I can’t clean it up yet. Walgreen’s sent something not to pick-up the order yet. Then my account at Walgreen’s said the insurance company wouldn’t pay for something, but it didn’t allow me any further information, because I couldn’t remember a pin number. I had their web site. It took forever to get something before, somehow I messed it up and you have to wait for the mail – hard mail and it takes me a month or two to go through that process. It’s just terrible. I guess the next time I’m in the kitchen I will need to check on it by phone … We are going to have to get a bag for the litter though. Might as well do that now … Kitties been in and out … I’d like to think he’s not off laughing at me.

They get in those moods, you know!??

There … did a good job … kitty litter done. Man – tough on knees and back. Just got to rest up here a few moments before tackling the next chore. I can do this, right? Means a whole vacation up ahead. Hmm, I think he had to pick up medicine and shirts, and maybe do banking? Not sure. Be nice to get a couple more things done before he returns. I always work better if he’s not nagging, because I can than do it when I feel up to it not when he’s pushing to get it done. Just takes me a bit.

Ok, is there anything lighter we can discuss in the meantime? Hmm, cats still staring at me … she says she knows something is up because the litter box got changed. They are so smart! We’ll have no kitties sitting in the suitcase today though … no no … none of that!

I didn’t get very far with the curriculum studies today … I was going to check out if we can get it to match program areas, but I’m not sure I want to take out the flash drive in case it gets forgotten … Let me see if I can wing it. Whoops, I think Sweeties back. *Gulp*

Let’s see they cover language/communication, health/safety/science, physical fitness, functional math & money, some enrichment, some personal and social responsibility … think that’s it … hmm can’t relax too much we’re getting too close to go.

I’ve got my suitcase packed, the mask, my carrying bag, the camera set-up, my rechargeable cords in tow. Rich is packed up too. We’re just taking care of that certain something where someone brings his fishy magazine and disappears for a bit … we’re scheduled to leave at 10:30 hmm, better get some fruit brb. Ahh … last of the peaches. We put two apples in the traveling bag too and some ice for my knee. Hmm, and getting our last drink of coffee … we’ll have to stop in that room too. There was a surprise bag too. It looked like homemade corn bread … I put that in the bag too. But, now its about time we will need to say goodbye, because SOMEONE is GOING ON VACATION!!!! Be taking care! Will be back late Tuesday night,

k?

Be GOOD!!!