Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, September 14, 2007

Fushyman's gone Day #1

Good morning … this is me. I don’t have a lot of time, because we’re going to need jumping in the shower in a little bit. I’ve been up thinking through a couple business projects for the last 1 ½ hours. It is now almost 6 am.

Ok, me … I’m back … now about 6:30 … we’re dressed, showered, trimmed, AND exercised. Yup, yup … two days in a row. I think we need to do them once in the morning and once in the evening. Just have to get over this part where it seems we’re too hot. Oh yeah! AND, we made a sandwich. WooHOO … took our medicine too.

Ok, ok … that’s enough of that!

It’s not a good thing because we missed Dr. Marvin last night. I’m not going to say why because it was embarrassing, but the fact of the matter was … we were there walking down the hall and then had to turn back. He did not give us any break as to the phone call and we didn’t ask. I figured if he were going to give us the time, he would have volunteered. We’re not sure if he was mad or not. One way or another … that’s what happened.

We did meet Tiffany yesterday and we’ll see her again tonight. We have an appointment at 5 pm. Yesterday went pretty good. I liked her a lot, but she’s a bit intimidating. She likes to play football and basketball, swim, etc. She’s a black woman with a doctorate degree and she’s tough. We’re pretty sure after seeing her reaction to my “are you married question?” that she is gay. She’s living in River Forest – a very wealthy neighborhood, and she wants to retire a millionaire at the age of 40, so we’re supposing she’s not up there yet. As rugged as she makes out to be, we’re figuring she has a soft spot too. Maybe I say that because she’s a little defensive as if she’s been hurt before. I don’t think by a patient, though she knows most of them give up on themselves. That’s pretty much sort of how we are too … so we’re going to need figuring out a way about it. I think I need someone who can challenge me. BUT, there is only $5000 insurance, and I’m thinking she is going to use it up in about 5-6 weeks.

I talked to Sweetie Pie and it sounds like he is going to work through It with me, but it is an additional $500 on my part that is going to be done and over with in a relatively short time. She does have lofty goals. She’s saying she can have me walking for 30-60 minutes. We told her we’d be well satisfied with 15. I think she said something like she wasn’t going to hurt me, but then she talked of keeping me for 1 ½ hours – 2 hours. AND, she said I was going to be sweaty. This is good for me, hmm? I don’t know … she’s a little intimidating, but definitely the kind of woman you would want to work for. Cuz she’s a pretty powerful person -just one that could get hurt too. I saw the way she responded to the receptionist … this is a person who shouldn’t give her a second thought, but she was put out by her and I didn’t like that. But, then again, I didn’t like the receptionist either.

Silly cat is still working to get comfortable. I have to leave in less than 10 minutes. Yesterday, we did the Thinking Group and today, we will do Staff training. We needed to reverse it because the other Q thinks she can talk better today than yesterday. But, in the process of addressing this change, I forgot about the other meeting for group 2 … you know the circles one. They had a substitute in there too, so she either forgot or didn’t know. Bad system when both of us forget and sister isn’t there to remind us. Hmm, shouldn’t be thinking that way I suppose.

We worked on the first square in the new grid where they are working around natural supports in the community. What we did was to go through the phone book and find about 45 different kind of business’ we typed out the type of business, the name of one company, and their phone number. And then, we cut out the paper strips and mixed them up in our magic box. We then had each of the clients come up one by one to get a slip and then they would have to call on the phone (not hooked in). I would Wrrrring it and then we would have a dialogue with each of the clients according to the business he or she chose. She had to say who she was, ask what kind of service, ask the cost, ask if there were any sales, and then make a decision to go down to the store front, or say no thank you. Afterward, we were evaluating the process and the results.

Pretty good stuff … at least to start things off again for a new season. BUT, better get to work things got to be done even if we don’t get to smooch the fishyman. :(