Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Off to work the mine ...

Good morning. It’s just me again … we only have a half hour left before we wake up fishyman. Plus we should take a shower before that. It’s 5:22 am now … so I guess the shower comes in at 5:52 … no, I’m not losing a single minutes. I don’t know why the first hour in the morning takes so long, but then at least there was a few extra special moments this morning. Thanks for those moments … :)

I don’t know what I should say … I am waiting for Saturday to be here so we can write our longer entry. I’m not sure what the fishyman is doing yet. Ohhhh, AHA!

We do know … this is fishyman’s last outing of the year. Wow, is it this weekend all ready? Well maybe we’re not sure … but, I think it is … I always get time confused. He’s been talking to his partner, I know that for sure. But, I don’t think it’s been that long since the last trip and I thought it would be in October.

Guess if its snowing in Colorado, then the fishing is not too soon. He said something about we could eat his leftover Chinese when he was gone, but had to make 4 meals of it. Hmm, that sounds like a lousy deal! I know I know … need to eat safe.

We had a few moments of bad feelings last night because when fishyman and us were talking there was this confusion. I thought he’d told me after coming home from the nice weekend that he’d work with me and together we would do a gym membership if I could get out of the Woman’s Workout World contract that is still charging me $23 a month. So, yesterday while I was at therapy I asked about their gym membership.

She stated it was for $40 a month, but they didn’t have a pool. Anyway, I gave that info to fishyman and he said that he had meant to coach me, but not go to the gym with me. We got pretty darn frustrated with that, because it was like do as I say, but not as I do.

Then there was one more thing that was sticky. I don’t remember now how it came about. I think I was giving an example of something, and then he told me of his boss thing where Rich will just get up and leave if the boss picks up a second phone call during a meeting with his boss, but then we were like, but you do the same thing. You pick up calls everywhere we are together even when eating dinner out.

He was saying that wasn’t the same thing, but then we got frustrated and he got frustrated, because each couldn’t make the other see his point of view. Those things don’t stretch out so long in terms of fighting … usually after 3-5 minutes of disagreement, we’ll both take a break and do something else and then start talking again.

I went to my computer he went to his, but they were both in the living room. I caught up on a few news stories, and then when we asked him, he said that he was looking at apartments. That’s sort of like another thing that was discussed over the weekend, or at least mentioned. There is some very important problems that come with not being able to walk up the stairs. I think me for my knee and him for the heavy loads. There is also some problem because of not having a washer and dryer on the same floor. But, we’ve been dealing with the last two – mostly because of Rich’s effort, but the knee part is mine and its still relatively new. Last night after therapy I came up better, but by the morning we still have problems going down and then we have to come up again. We never know when its going to be a bad morning, or evening. It was pretty bad over the weekend.

But, anyway we asked fishyman about it and he said something toward, we would have to look. The last time we had had movers 7 years ago, they were $700 … fishyman thought it would be more like $2000. I’m pretty sure by now its about $1000, but not double that amount. One of the key factors is that its time to get his stuff out of the house. His wife’s been complaining through the son and she’s started to look at another place to live, which means the family home will go up for sale. His younger son is engaged now and wants to be married in about a year. But, they are going to want their own place, and whether by choice or design, his soon-to-be-ex is going to have her own place.

It turns Rich’s stomach, I think, to pay extra money to have his stuff stored. He doesn’t want to look for something more serious until after the divorce is through.

He thinks if she’s already getting out of the house, that it will come sooner than later. My thought was that we might have to move earlier because of my mobility and if we’d gotten a third bedroom as we’ve discussed in the past, that we could use the third bedroom and if necessary the second bedroom for storage until we got to that more permanent space. I still think that if we had any choice in the matter that we’d stay in something here on the first floor and then spend whatever money he has toward a place in getting something up in Michigan even if it included that he would need a boat. I say go for it.

I think we both have work obligations here and it might take a couple of years in getting his situation, mine, the current housing – loan programs, and a deposit worked out, but it would be worth the effort. I know there is something strong in him that wants to be on the water as much as is possible. I would have to settle for not going up there full time until both ready for it, but even if it were a weekend/holiday place, it would mean that he had a place to share with his kids for their time too. But, even then he said over the weekend that in about a year, I would be having a coming out party. I didn’t understand at first, but then he let me know that it might then be time for the kids to meet both of us. I think this is a good thing though at the time it scared me a bit. He said it about the time we were talking again of my need to lose weight.

Shoot, shoot … it’s 5:54 – 2 minutes over, we’ll be back in a few.

Hmm. Ok … it’s about 45 minutes later. We’re all set to go, cept stopping for medicine. We’re planning to leave early this morning because they have that parking thing where you can only park on one side of the street, ACK!