Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, May 14, 2007

This is pretty much Saturday



Good morning … this is me. It’s about 8:20 now and I’ve been up for a couple of hours. Not doing much though really. Mostly, we just snuggled in with Sweetie Pie, and then got up after a little bit and watched him go through his morning. It got a little frustrating, because he realized one of his bank accounts was short and then had to figure back what had happened. He says that mostly it is his fault, but that the wife had taken out another thousand dollars. I think he needs to be beat up pretty bad to realize that she’s going to take advantage of him. He’ll catch on sooner or later. I don’t want to see him hurt, but I know that although I might squeak out a comment what he does has to be from him. I’m not the one who has had a 34 year relationship with the woman. I have a real bad feeling about her though as someone who might take advantage. But, then here I am the first other woman … be hard for me to make that kind of comment. I do feel good about having paid him back the money I owed him. It was the first time I’d ever gotten something like that and I was glad for it to be over. We’ll see how things go from here.

During the time he was umm in a sorta bad mood about it, we had first wanted to know what was going on, because he was starting and stopping sentences mid-way through, but then we got too frustrated at being too cut out, so we picked up the National Geographic we’d wanted to look at and dissociated until he could actually talk to us and not just be upset. He says that he has to work through being upset on his own and that we can’t be trying to “fix” all his problems for him. I said, I know, but I still don’t like to see you upset. Hehehe and then he said, come here and give me my kiss *giggle* - and we said no way … you might bite my lip! Then he started smiling again. On his way out he watered the two new plants. We’ve never had that kinda thing at the house before. They are absolutely gorgeous! I’ll get pictures of the today. They are two boxes of wild purple flowers that sit at the corners of our balcony. I’d forgotten all about them! Rich said he’d call me on the way home. He’s on his way to do a couple of games. And, then he said he would take me out for mother’s Day dinner, but I didn’t want to go if he was so short in his bank account, but he said that was his household account and the dinner will be out of his baseball account, so we’re still good. We won’t go out too fancy … I’m thinking Italian, but we’ll wait to see what he feels like. In the meantime, we have quite a bit of work to be doing. It doesn’t help either that we haven’t written in the blog for the majority of the week. At least the last four days. I’m not going to remember much of what happened. I know that we were at work on all those days. I think we had problem on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hold on maybe there is an email to
Dr. Marvin.

Hmm, it was a short one on the 9th … that must have been Wednesday … it said:

Dear Dr. Marvin,

I've been at work and picked up a couple of projects throughout the day, but then just leave them sit. If I were at a race, I would say that I am choking. I don't mean to do this, but I don't know how to stop it. My head feels smudged in the middle. Please help. Its been going like this for a while ... we're like 3 weeks behind in school and it seems like everything is going down, but I don't want it to. I just don't know how to be me. Can we talk?

Ann

I think one of the other things by the looks of the emails is that we were concerned with Rich over his daughters psychological condition. We wrote him giving him a few references on eating disorders. I think it really threw him off to this week to worry about what he didn’t know what might be going on with his daughter. I hope they are able to connect soon, because it seems a lot of pressure for both and whomever else. But, that’s enough said for that.

There is a lot of stuff that isn’t my business, though it indirectly affects me, because it is affecting my Sweetie Pie. I still figure maybe not that I should be fixing him, but I should know how to be caring about him as he goes through all that he must. For now I’m glad he’s at his games, because then I think he can give all other thoughts a rest. Couple more affected him this week. One was that he had been asked to play golf, but it later came down the pike because it was his ex’ brother-in-law that although they’d been playing golf for 30 years, that he might have to not do that to prevent problems. I think that stung him a lot, because he’d had his own relationships and now those are in jeopardy. The other situation was that of a car parking place. We’d been working with him to get a space in the back, but both tenants in apartments #6 and #3 had been uncooperative in giving us our fair due. We’d called the building and asked for their help and I think they are going to send out letters saying that something needs to be worked out, but in the meantime our Sweetie Pie felt that as another let down in being a man without his castle. He seems to need a place that is his alone, and at the time, even a simple parking space would do. I don’t know our friend and us sent in a diagram to the management and it is supposed to be shared with the other two tenants. I hope that something can be worked on. I think that concretely, It should be the guy from #6 that has to move. He is taking two spaces that could both be used if they were used more wisely. But, again this was more about our friend having some hard feelings, more than not. And, my pressure comes from; I want him to feel as if he belongs.

With the building, I went only as far as we had first accepted this building,
because we could have parking. We had a less costly apartment in Chicago, but we’d had to pay a couple hundred extra plus for parking that was two and a half blocks away. That became unreasonable and it was toward the end the start of me not being able to walk well without pain. We didn’t say so directly, but if we can’t both park, then it is time again to be looking for somewhere where we can park. I’m trying to hold out as much as I can, because I’d much rather have our friend be buying something in Michigan if he needs to buy property. I think more than anything that is what is truly going to give him a sense of belonging. It could be the place he always dreamed of.

I think the biggest difference is that he’d have to check into getting ball games up there over the weekend if he wanted to continue all that. Hehehe AND, he might want membership at the local golf place and fishing club. I love my place here, but push come to shove, and I think I might want to opt out o being up there over long weekends if given the choice. Somehow the kitties would have to decide fend for yourself or hop in the cage – cuz we’re heading out!

Ok, ok … maybe this so far is more my fantasy than his, but …

Oh man … it’s like 3:30 pm now … we were pretty much busted because our friend called to say he’d be home in an hour and I hadn’t even been into the shower yet.

We’d gotten obsessively into looking at rental places in Saugatuck, MI. Reading back over the last couple of paragraphs, we are like so out of alignment it is silly. We were just looking through one property after another thinking … hmm, I’m not sure. I know pretty soon toward the beginning we wanted to find a place that we could stay at if we were going up to scope out the place. We ended up going through every bed and breakfast, then hotel, then cottage, you name it … we just kept going through places. Like we said at first it was to just find a place to stay, but then somehow it turned into looking at what kind of places we’re going for rent and how much for what kind of thing. It seemed like some were in town, but others were on water and that was a big draw. I know it was for me. Although the water didn’t become as important as whether the place had fireplace, balcony, or Jacuzzi.

Somewhere about 1/3 in we found one that matched all those things. I wasn’t crazy though about the Chinese dragon motif. BUT, they said it would be changing over soon to a library theme, and I had an idea from the site that the web location might have been since last fall.

WoooHOOO! Sweeties home and needs ten minutes AND we got a call back from the Scott-guy that has the mason Street Bed and Breakfast & Suites. He said the room is available the 13th, 14th, and 15th!!! We told him that was good information and that we’d talk it over with our partner over dinner tonight. Not sure how that is going to go. The first thing is I don’t know if it interferes with a fishing weekend. The next thing is we don’t know how it affects his games schedule. BUT, I don’t think that he has made up his July schedule, and he IS going for a lot of fishy vacations! He’s got eight weekends and a long week, plus the cards and golfing, AND this is just one weekend and the price is really great. It’s $205 a night, BUT I don’t think you get a motel here for much under $125 AND this is like a block from the main shopping stores and marina and the suite has a living room with a fire place, kitchen, and two bedrooms, plus a porch and one of the rooms has a Jacuzzi. ALL FOR $205 and it’s directly in the middle of my new favorite city … AND it’s just a couple days away from my birthday. Now I would say that is a pretty good deal. I want to be able to go Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

Hmm, now we’re waiting for him to come out of the room, he’s just showered. We don’t want to jump him, but we really want to show him the pictures before we go so he knows what we’re trying to sell him on. This is getting very unnerving. Oh oh … here he comes … here we go.