Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Making it through Monday

Good morning,

We’re up and have just finished eating cereal and am trying to convince the kitty we don’t want to pet her ALLL the time! She’s being pathetic though … laying on our mouse with chin draped over wrist. Hmpf!

Damn moved the coffee cup and she sidled right in. I think its sort of like Charlie Brown and Lucy where each season, she promises not to move the football, but invariably swoops it away as Charlie Brown goes to kick it. In our case, the kitties say, go ahead and move that coffee cup, we won’t like down between your arms … promise. Uh huh, uh huh.

Whoops false alarm we got very tired and then fell asleep for another two hours. We’re still groggy. We took our medicine and heated up our coffee.

Ok, this has not gone our way … fell asleep again … It’s now 9:15 am. We just umm wrestled with ourselves in the washroom. We’ll say maybe the vitamins and leave it at that.

Yes, we are pretty personal in this blog. Ok, let’s move it right along. We are feeling much better though haven’t focused too much on being up … I don’t think we’ve finished much past the first cup of coffee. We’d talked to V and missed our friend at 7 am. I think he was just going to say morning and run.

Hmm, my mother sent an email about a cousin of my father dying that we’d never heard of or met. Ok. I don’t need that kind of stuff. Then there is a lot of Flylady stuff in the email.

We weighed ourselves a few moments ago … 295.6. That seems pretty hard to believe, but that’s what she said …that be the lowest we’ve been so far and put the weight to 16.8 loss. Let’s hope for the best and not mess up, k? She suggests we also take our shower and get dressed. That might lead up to going to the gym too? Maybe? We are having trouble with our feet right now … they are pretty sore, but maybe if we got in the shower we could put some more of the special cream on them before putting on shoes. That would make it all better, right?

Just thinking we want a little time first. Why? I’m not sure … maybe because we don’t feel so up yet? That wouldn’t be the spirit though, would it? Maybe it’s best not to think about it so much, because then my mind sets up resistances. Ok, brb

Damn damn … had a little problem in the bathroom … the toilet overflowed. I set up towels, tried the plunger, then called our friend. He’s on his way over. Don’t dare take a shower at this moment. It’s 9:45, so I’m messin with the gym time. I’m soooo grossed out. Not sure what to think. I think if I could bury myself in a whole I’d be underground by now. Our friend is like its ok … just part of you, we’ll take care of it. But, this is not something you want anyone to ever see. Damn, damn. It was so horrifying to see the water spilling out … Don’t know what to think. I sure hope I didn’t get water on the guy down stairs. That would make things even more terrible. Our friend says that it will drain somewhat by itself. Shoot, shoot. Don’t know what to do. Let’s think reasonably. It’s not going anywhere. Ok, so do I get dressed, or stay in pajamas? And, if I get dressed do I get dressed in my gym clothes? I think I’d feel more comfortable dressed. Then I could fix feet and put on shoes. Ok, maybe that then. Hold on. Working through our crisis here.

Pshwoo … getting through things. We’re dressed, have shoes on, and hair up. AND, our feet are defoliated. Yes, there is no end to the gross things we discuss here. Bear with me … we’ll get back to regular … we just have to. I did a five minute pick-up that tookw 2 minutes. Everything is in order. Poured another cup of coffee. I went through Flylady’s list … we got up, weighed, didn’t shower but managed best possible, dishwasher is good, we ate, took medicine and vitamins and drank some water. We’ll wait the laundry on that load of towels on the bathroom floor and pretty sure the calander just says WORK! Tomorrow is Dr. M’s appointment and the endo doctor.

Flylady is in Zone #5 this week. Not sure what that is … might look it up in a few moments.

Ok, good … did another morning routine. I went and decluttered something. It might not have taken the full 15 minutes, but I got the area under the teacart in the bedroom. Now the only thing that is there is what is supposed to be there. Pretty much some old pictures, the telephone book, and some small cookbooks. We’re still having a problem with all the dust, but we’re not going there at this moment. Yesterday, we also made sure to scrub down the few places where the kitties had been and left a present. I know that is pretty gross, but it fits my day and was something that had to be tackled.

*Sigh* We’re feeling pretty lost here … our friend just left and he solved most the problems. He got it to go down by doing a better plunge than we had done. Then he threw the towels from the floor into the washing machine. Now we got 36 minutes to go down and put them in the drier. We have to wash the basket too. Then bring them up and STILL go to the gym. It’s a little trickier, because people are moving in across the hall. It is an Indian family with at least two children maybe the ages of my Grandchildren. Our friend said its one of those relationships where the wife maybe submissive to her husband, because of the way she lowered her eyes when our friend said hello. He says she’s about 30 some years old. I don’t know. I only saw the little girl who was 5 or 6 years old. She looked like she was a little frustrated with the day … Kind of like she wanted to know everything that was going on curious, but like it had probably been a stressful day and she was trying not to get in the way. She didn’t look so sure of us. We probably looked a little out of place because we have our hair up and our gym clothes on and am obviously to big to look much like an athlete, and probably way to old for all that too. I didn’t get a chance to see the mother yet and our friend didn’t mention how she dressed. Probably not in gym clothes though.

We washed the bathroom floor and through away the thing on the bottom of the swiffer. We’ll get a new one later. Our friend says we have to get maintenance to unstuck the handle that should have shut off the water if there was an emergency. And, he wants me to get them to clean the outside windows, but I think that is way too much mess. Especially since, I don’t really look out them, except the front balcony that is cleanable if you can stand up.

We talked about having maintenance come in to help with a few pictures and curtains in back. You know the ones we’ve been talking about for quite some time. He says that I’m to bring the drill home and withhold sex. I’m pretty sure he was being umm cocky about that, because he’s not going to want sex withheld. We’ve worked pretty hard over the years of not establishing that pattern. I wish I could go now and clear my head, but there is 25 minutes before I need to check. This day is getting away from me like most the others. If I knew what to put over the wall by the bedroom, I’d feel better about asking the maintenance people for help. Our friend says he doesn’t want anything there that might get knocked over. I’m thinking that we might have some cloth that might be decorative, or some favorite blanket or something, but it is buried in our bedroom closet. I’ll have to try for something creative. I think we are getting kind of light headed again. Wanted to hold up lunch for after the gym, but figuring we should probably check the blood glucose.

Hmm, not too bad … only 99. Ok, ok … we’re going to do this right. Need to wash the bowl. So far so good. 6 minutes left on the laundry. We better hold up on the bowl and just rinse, so we know we’ll make it back up those stairs. Stairs are very hard. I think we’re going to take some more of those boxes in back down too. We did that yesterday and felt better. Sometimes it takes our friend a long time to get to things. He usually gets the white garbage bags, but the empty boxes have been there for a long time. AND, they are in the way if I were to put up those curtains. It seems especially important now because we don’t know how often the new people are going to happen to glance in our place. I don’t want to give a poor impression. That’s usually how overweight, middle class, white women are. Oh please, please, let’s hope that we get a long. Still afraid of the possible position of women being submissive. I don’t want to be submissive to a new tenant. Ok, probably time to check things out. Timer’s going off, brb.

Damn … that hurt a lot AND we forgot to bring the boxes down. Weren’t we just talking about that? This is frustrating. We set the timer. I don’t know how well the gym is going to go. I think if we are going to go at all it will have to be in 43 minutes when we go down for the towels from the dryer. Maybe we can put them in our closet down there and bring them up later. Climbing the stairs is the particularly difficult thing. I’m feeling a little panic struck. Hmm, seems to be me all day. PLUS, I need to do something for work. That’s what I’m here to do.

Ok … breathe!!!!!! We’re back again … it’s been awhile. The time is quarter to 5 pm. We’ve since brought the clean towels up, talked to Deb AND our new neighbors, gone to the gym, and over to Walgreen’s. The most exciting part is that Deb motivated us to do some welcoming!!! We haven’t met the neighbors that just moved onto the second floor, but we did meet the neighbors across the hall. I think the kids names are Jennifer and Christopher. I’m not sure about the boy’s name. I didn’t catch the parents first round. We’re terrible remembering names and foreign ones are that much more difficult. Deb convinced us to that we could open the door and say hi. First time we did that we met the two kids in the hall. But, there parents were lugging up the couch, so we figured we better bide our time. After they got it up, we stuck our head out and we shared a couple of bananas. Wooo HOOO!! But, then again Deb reminded us that tomorrow was Halloween AND if we went to Walgreen’s, we would be able to make up a nice welcome basket.

So, that’s what we done! We found a plastic Tupperware type bowl and wrote a welcome note on it, Then in the center, we placed a very nice tall, thick candle. We figure that the couple is young enough to appreciate romance! Around the candle we wrapped a couple sheets of sparkly Halloween stickers for the kids. We included a couple of orange-pineapple drinks. I sure hope that will be ok on the kids stomach. Sometimes little ones don’t like their drinks mixed flavors. I got like 5 pretzel and cheese packages and stood them up like soldiers in front of the candle and juices. Then I sprinkled everything with little bite size milky ways and peanut butter cups. Can’t go wrong with them! And, then we just cellophaned over the top and tied it on. Wallah! Deb! I’m so proud of ourselves! We did good.

The lady already indicated that in a couple of weeks time the kids will be all over the place and we won’t be able to get rid of them. Hehehehe WELL, speaking as a professional grand mother, I certainly know how to send them back! BUT, in the meanwhile, I am taking very well to the idea that there should be small children around. They seem just the right ages to be delightful. They seem bright and curious. Please let us be a nice neighbor! No crabby stuff you! I don’t know why this couple seems different than the other people. Maybe because I’m still not sure if I’ve said hello to an older teenage daughter or the mother. We’re thinking since she was on her way to their SUV that she was going to drive somewhere, but she had the phone to her ear. Then she just sat down in the car and talked. So, we’re thinking an older teenage daughter. I thought I had recognized one dim-lighted night a mother and a daughter, but I don’t know if there is a husband, other sisters, or brothers.

Rightfully speaking, the apartments are only 2 bedroom. So, unless someone is going to take a living room couch … they are limiting in size. Hmm, 5 pm. Better make dinner … going to kind of ignore that candy eaten during the process.

Whoops … fraid of that. I think the family was coming up the back steps and lost a box of dishes. Lot’s of clattering. He had gotten a phone call too. He sounded so exhausted. Man. I can’t believe they didn’t have SOME one that could have helped them move. Shoot, feel so bad for them. I think it is different when you are a young couple moving a young family. Everyone is dependent on you and there’s no breaks. I don’t know how the other family moved in, but we’re pretty multi-culturally mixed now. Hehehe. That be the way … I’ll be interested whether or not the people on the first floor will continue to stay … hard to know what they are thinking. They never talk, though will hold the door open if your within 10 feet. Then there’s the woman on the first floor … she’s the one that gets our mail. She seemed more friends with the one who moved out on the second floor. She is scared of me and I’m scared of her. I’m still trying to figure out the last thing. One night she brought up the mail at 10:30. Of course, we were sleeping. And, I had rolled out of bed quickly thinking it was our friend. She had woke up Lucille across the hall too, but I only had slept in a shirt that night and was hiding behind our blanket. I said thank you, but didn’t go out to the hall where she left it in front of our door, because I WASN’T DRESSED FOR THE OCCASION! But, then a day or two later, I found the same bag that I’d forgotten out in the front hall, attached to my back door handle. Thank God for this neighbor who is helping us, but surely it wasn’t something I would have done. I’m guessing she was worrying about the bag getting inside, but at the time we were just worried about getting back to bed! The relationship has never gone further. Most often when she drops off my mail once a month or so, she will wait until my sweetie is here. I think she thinks of him as safer. *Sigh*

Hmm, sure are into the neighbors now aren’t we. Seems we’ve gone nearly 6 years without noticing them and now all this. It will fade again, right? DINNER!!

Shoot forgot I should have checked glucose before the candy  Hmm. 174 … I don’t think we’re going to count that one. Too close to after eating 

Ok, back again. It’s about 6 pm now. I think we are going to go for as early a bed time as we can. Pretty tired out today. I don’t think we’ve adjusted yet to the time change. We finished dinner, finished talking to Deb, and got to talk to Sweetie Pie for a few moments. He’s still wrapping up his day … he hasn’t left the office yet, or is just leaving now. We’re back into our pjs, took our medicine, and have a nice lime slushy. It’s one of those nights, I could turn on the TV, but it doesn’t make any sense to get hooked into something I don’t want to spend our time doing.

Maybe some music.