Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Chuggin up a small hill

Good morning,

Just a short one today, we woke up just after 5 am and its now almost 6 am. Not much done this far except do the numbers and drink and eat and be merry. Ok, ok … maybe not all that, but our tummy is happy with the left over pizza leftovers. It was just plain cheese pizza, but we had it with salsa. Mmmm… The number for the blood glucose was a little higher than yesterday. Our average yesterday was 106 and today it is 107. *Sigh* pretty much pulling your leg here, because we know 107 average is GREAT!!! We’re pretty proud of doing this well with the diet, even if it isn’t showing up on the scale yet.

Today is a pretty big day anyway … because …………drum roll ………. It’s 3 months official since NO SMOKING!!!! I wish I could say I don’t give this much thought, but I woke up looking for the smokes yet this morning. Not literally, but so to speak thinking of having the smoke. There isn’t any real feeling of need attached to it, but thoughts are still there. Just don’t feel the need to entertain them. No desparateness in getting them. In fact, yesterday when I came in the bottom door to our apartment building, one of the maintenance men I’ve liked was going out and he had a lit cigarette. I thought Yeeks my God does that stink! I couldn’t get away from it soon enough. They seem pretty repulsive all told. So … ok, V! hold on just a little longer and we’ll soon be celebrating TWO 100 day victories!

We worked yesterday, but I’m afraid worked on getting ourselves together with the medical stuff as posted in the last entry. It took a bit of time putting it all together, and then believing that it was going to happen. I think we’re still in shock. Maybe this would be a good time to say that you know what?? My doctor wears purple latex gloves!!! You just gotta know a doctor in purple gloves can be trusted. She’s a nice, pretty, AND smart lady so for this part we are looking forward to being with her throughout this deal. I’ve got the distinct feeling she’s been through this before. On the wall behind the office people there is this entire wall of people who she has taken care of over the years. Lotsa people have gone through her office. I sure hope she doesn’t get tired of us. It’s like signing up to take this long ocean voyage. After you get on there is no going back. So far all we got is the itinerary and we’re wondering where we packed the ocean sickness pills.

*Sigh*

Ok, ok that’s enough of that … I don’t think we have anything important to say at this point. We have a staffing coming up we’re not real prepared for. So, that is going to need being taken care of right away. We probably should get in the shower early. Bout that time … Just gotta keep going forward. I can do this, I can do this…