Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, October 23, 2006

Whoops forgot to post Sunday

Good morning … this is me. We’re just starting our writing day, but we’ve been up for an hour or two fooling around. We were reading stuff in the news. Couple of stories caught our attention … first was about a couple of kids just out of college (Canada I think) and they were traveling to 50 state capitals in 50 days by means of hitchhiking. I thought good for them, go for it. Today’s hitchhikers though go by means of computers, in that they publicize by means of CNN and then pick up their ride by computer email or phone contact. Hehehe lush. I’m sure not all their rides are luxury, but some of them have seemed pretty nice. I think they are in about day 15 or so and it looks like they’ve traveled just within the Eastern coast. We looked at quite a bit of their pictures. It seems that in each state they specialize in pictures around welcome signs or the state capital and they do some leaping and jumping on camera. I find their enthusiasm refreshing. There was one clip where the two of them were literally hanging around a cannon and they were trying to go all around it in a flip. I think that was pretty funny. And, there was another where they were facing down a Philly cop … they’re expressions were cute all the while the cop remained tough looking. Hehehe. Good for them!

I’ve seen a few other in this secondary interest, but we’ve been looking at pictures of nice houses and houses built in trees. I don’t know why, but that idea fascinates the hell out of me.

Here … take a look … I’ll show you what I mean!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pretty cool, hmm. Shoot would just love to live in one of these. I think I have a little Robinson Curuso built into me. Actually as a kid we had a tree house. Umm well actually it was more a stilt house. One of my father’s buddy’s who used to fix locomotives was really handy and built us a treehouse about 10 foot off the ground sitting on top of two large stilts. We had the most fun with it … used to climb on the roof of it and sun tan. We could get about 3 girls up there at a time. We had sleepovers and all and back then it didn’t matter if there wasn’t too much furniture, because sleeping bags a window and deck made a lot of difference. We were pretty much the only kids on the block to have one, but it hadn’t set in at that time that to be different was a bad thing. I thought it was cool … and since our house didn’t have a garage it sat in a prominent location. *Sigh* one of the good memories.

Well … I suppose that’s enough fantasizing for the immediate moment. It’s about 8 am now. We haven’t talked to our sweetie pie. We were chatting to another friend which is always nice.

We thought for today, we would like to try living in our whole house. You know … not only cleaning, but kind of looking around to see where it is that we live and what can be done to make it nicer. We still don’t hold illusions of living past the computer, but what say … one day we work toward sitting in the living room, or doing something with the back bedroom? Hmm?

Ok, we’re going to slow down here … we had a small amount of chicken and a couple of rib tips earlier, but we’re going to have our official cereal breakfast now. And, then we’ll set our 15 minute timer and start. Again … we can only go as far as our back will take us. Hmm, maybe we could do this and skip the gym this morning. Instead of the gym, we’ll try to make it an all day pack to be moving at least 2 – 3 times within each hour. I’m still not great as far as the standing walking time, but yesterday we pressed it to be on the treadmill for 7 minutes … this was a first past 6 minutes. We’ve been trying to slow the machine from 2.5 to 1.6 for an extra 30 seconds warm down … I think that’s helping a little.

Ok, there’s a goal … I walked past the back bedroom while I was up last time. I had gotten in those towels and never through away the box or found a place for the towels. That was kind of a disappointment in space, but the room’s concept was holding out. Big thing was that I NEED to put up those curtains, both in the backroom and back of the kitchen. I think we’ve been working at that task for the better of about 3 years. We went as far as getting a drill and drill bits, but it hasn’t made it past its temporary location at work. I’m not sure if we got the right things … I guess its time to try it out. I think we used to be able to do stuff like this. AND, at one point we had worked in a Builder’s Square Hardware Store as a cashier, because we were going to learn to be more handy. Unfortunately … similar to cooking, we have more of a love for building than talent to do so. SOOOOO, let’s make it a goal this next week to bring home the drill AND if necessary ask our friend how to use it, BUT we got to try it on our own first, K???

Hmm, sweetie pie just signed on!!! We’ll wait until he gets orientated. We had a very, very nice day with him. He was an hour or so late in getting here, HMPF!! BUT, he entertained my wishes and we got to go out for a nice drive to see trees and water. I think he called it a slough. Can’t say I’ve ever come across that … It was very beautiful. I’m afraid to say it’s the first time I realized the trees changing colors this year. Afterward we went out to a rib place. We had tried to get him toward someplace that was better for both our diets, he worked with me a bit, because we had thought we’d seen a new Polish place and I know he loves that kind of cooking, but we couldn’t find it and ended up back at the other idea. There wasn’t a whole lot of time to monkey around, because he got here about 3 pm and had to leave by 6 pm. Well, yes, of course we needed to leave a few moments at the tail end to fool around. *Knowing smile* BUT, there sure wasn’t much time for back rubbing! Hehehe His loss!

Dare say … he’ll plan better for that the next time.

Whoops better start the timer. And, I think that we’ll use the Lotus Organizer today too. We’ll need to mark down something as having happened each hour. That will help us stay on track. Ok, 15 minutes from here UNLESS sweetie is going to talk with us. It’s about 8:30 now so am surprised that he’s up so early in consideration of his card game last night – that’s why he had to be gone that early. He gets together with a bunch of his buddies from officiating. He said there’d be about 30 guys there. I’m so happy that he has friends and makes the most of meeting them socially. I think being WITH the guys makes a lot of difference to our sweetie. I think sometimes he feels a little on the edge of things, but he’s got a good reputation for being a fair square player. Well, ok mistressing is not playing quite by the rules, but we’re sure he knows what he’s doing during his mainstay play.

We talked some about his fishing yesterday, but mostly because we parked by the water and he was showing me where fish were jumping by the ripples left in the water … Honest to pieces, I didn’t know fish did that so much! He says it was because there were carp in the water and they do that a lot. Kind of got us to slow down and appreciate all the time he spends looking at the water. He must have the most milky way eyes. Hmmm … sure is a looker my guy … Last night it hit me as I looked across and into his eyes. They just melt me like butter.

AHA! Sweetie Pie came a callin … We had such a nice conversation … I’m going to leave it here. But, know inside … we’re already making our next efforts to follow through on the plan … God Bless Sweetie Pies!!!

Sweetie Pie [8:33 A.M.]: u up kid
Aynetal3 [8:34 A.M.]: Yup yup
Aynetal3 [8:34 A.M.]: you too?
Sweetie Pie [8:34 A.M.]: I don't know, have a head cold, so I am in a Fog
Aynetal3 [8:34 A.M.]: how did that happen???????????
Aynetal3 [8:35 A.M.]: I left you off at a card game ... I've been deceived!
Sweetie Pie [8:35 A.M.]: had a scratchy throat for 3 days now, this morning the stuffy thing evolved
Aynetal3 [8:35 A.M.]: you didn't tell me
Sweetie Pie [8:35 A.M.]: no need to complain,
Aynetal3 [8:35 A.M.]: perfect 3 days of good worrying gone to pieces! Sweetie Pie [8:35 A.M.]: LOL
Aynetal3 [8:36 A.M.]: how'd you make out tiger?
Sweetie Pie [8:36 A.M.]: sorry, have to find you a new crisis to mull over
Aynetal3 [8:36 A.M.]: i got one!
Sweetie Pie [8:36 A.M.]: bombed out early, had a kid on my right who pulled cards from his (umm skipped something here).
Sweetie Pie [8:36 A.M.]: he got me off my game,
Aynetal3 [8:37 A.M.]: ouch
Sweetie Pie [8:37 A.M.]: expression saying every time I went against him with a good hand he would draw to a winner
Aynetal3 [8:37 A.M.]: well lets not sit next to HIM anymore!
Sweetie Pie [8:37 A.M.]: happens, training ground for reading situations and learning patience
Aynetal3 [8:38 A.M.]: good
Sweetie Pie [8:38 A.M.]: actually he was a nice kid
Aynetal3 [8:38 A.M.]: i think he was peeking!
Sweetie Pie [8:38 A.M.]: hmmmmm never thought of that,
Aynetal3 [8:38 A.M.]: see!
Sweetie Pie [8:38 A.M.]: my fault if he was
Aynetal3 [8:38 A.M.]: *sigh*
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: go home early as planned then?
Sweetie Pie [8:39 A.M.]: so how are you
Sweetie Pie [8:39 A.M.]: you got that
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: eh between things
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: :)
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: I'm making a game plan for the day
Sweetie Pie [8:39 A.M.]: what kind of things, based on your sly smile
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: hehehe ACTUALLY I'm thinking of staying home from the gym AND ...
Aynetal3 [8:39 A.M.]: cleaning house all day
Aynetal3 [8:40 A.M.]: BUT,
Sweetie Pie [8:40 A.M.]: ahhhh very good, I to must come up with one.
Sweetie Pie [8:40 A.M.]: heart skipped a beat
Sweetie Pie [8:40 A.M.]: but
Aynetal3 [8:40 A.M.]: We're looking at making it a exploration production ... kind of like to look at our house from the perspective of someone using her eyes
Aynetal3 [8:40 A.M.]: I sense space but don't often see reality
Sweetie Pie [8:40 A.M.]: explain that one too me
Aynetal3 [8:41 A.M.]: Like now I could tell you there is stuff to the left and right of me on the table, but it is a sense ... I can't get to the reality that there is garbage and dirty dishes that should make me shriek Sweetie Pie [8:42 A.M.]: ahhhh, I see. so if we get back to reality, your senses might expand
Aynetal3 [8:43 A.M.]: I hope my senses don't get overwhelmed. Usually when this happens we concentrate on just a small space like getting dishes out to the dishwasher and bringing back a garbage bag
Sweetie Pie [8:43 A.M.]: hmmmm, go for it kid
Aynetal3 [8:43 A.M.]: then we set the timer for 15 more minutes and then do the counters in kitchen, etc. Just a little bit at a time until the hole room is clean ... thats when we try to SSEEEEE the whole thing Sweetie Pie [8:43 A.M.]: just think of it as exercise
Aynetal3 [8:44 A.M.]: yup going to do this instead of workout at gym and might try laundry both in and out
Sweetie Pie [8:44 A.M.]: there you go getting me excited again
Aynetal3 [8:45 A.M.]: you think that's something we are going for the big bananas ... wash kitchen floor AND maybe vacuum
Sweetie Pie [8:45 A.M.]: I am speechless.
Aynetal3 [8:45 A.M.]: uh huh uh huh ... I have ears waiting to nibble! Sweetie Pie [8:45 A.M.]: you do that and I will have to get you a present or something
Sweetie Pie [8:46 A.M.]: along with ears to nibble
Aynetal3 [8:46 A.M.]: hehehe nooooo maybe just a slow dance somewhere comfortable and horizontal
Sweetie Pie [8:46 A.M.]: we will see
Aynetal3 [8:46 A.M.]: ;)
Aynetal3 [8:46 A.M.]: how's your day looking
Sweetie Pie [8:46 A.M.]: well you have me out classed
Aynetal3 [8:47 A.M.]: hehehe yah? let's try to equal out!
Sweetie Pie [8:47 A.M.]: I plan to draw up a plan for the garage
Aynetal3 [8:47 A.M.]: noooooooooo
Aynetal3 [8:47 A.M.]: You'll beat me in diamonds!
Sweetie Pie [8:47 A.M.]: and do about 3 things for work on the list.
Aynetal3 [8:47 A.M.]: car still outside?
Sweetie Pie [8:48 A.M.]: no, don’t think I have the strength to work out there today (cold) just draw up a plan yep outside
Aynetal3 [8:48 A.M.]: hmm plan takes time moving stuff around could take?
Aynetal3 [8:48 A.M.]: simple plan?
Aynetal3 [8:48 A.M.]: start like me... With a table top
Sweetie Pie [8:49 A.M.]: no, I think if I am serious this may be a bit more complex. Have to start deciding on getting rid of stuff
Aynetal3 [8:49 A.M.]: Decide now ... what is your first object to throw ... then DO IT!
Sweetie Pie [8:49 A.M.]: yep
Sweetie Pie [8:49 A.M.]: tired already
Aynetal3 [8:50 A.M.]: Flylady has a 27 point fling. She takes a garbage and without thinking she has to next grab 27 things to throw away without thinking
Aynetal3 [8:50 A.M.]: then she does with 27 things to give away AND it has to go immediately into the car and taken somewhere ELSE
Aynetal3 [8:50 A.M.]: no regrets keep moving
Sweetie Pie [8:50 A.M.]: I understand, just don't think I could do that. Aynetal3 [8:51 A.M.]: It's easier than you would think if you commit to the plan
Sweetie Pie [8:51 A.M.]: besides, that is physical work, don't know if I am up to that today
Sweetie Pie [8:51 A.M.]: ahhh,
Aynetal3 [8:51 A.M.]: I did not wear you down THAT MUCH!
Aynetal3 [8:51 A.M.]: Big strong bear like you!

Sweetie Pie [8:52 A.M.]: be happy with deciding what goes to the resale shop and moving some valuable things out of the garage, and finding a place for the wood working tools.
Sweetie Pie [8:52 A.M.]: remember, baby has a cold
Aynetal3 [8:52 A.M.]: Get a box for the thrift shop and a bigger bag for garbage ... if you can't give away something decent THROW!!!
Aynetal3 [8:52 A.M.]: Grrrrrr
Sweetie Pie [8:53 A.M.]: ok, feeling pushed, still trying to pick my head up
Aynetal3 [8:53 A.M.]: Then I say go to clean somewhere where you can sit down and do it just making a few up moves. AGAIN table tops and counters and work benches
Sweetie Pie [8:53 A.M.]: and there seems to be a bear in here
Sweetie Pie [8:53 A.M.]: work load
Aynetal3 [8:53 A.M.]: This is what you've been doing at me for the last 13 years ... you deserve some comeback!
Sweetie Pie [8:53 A.M.]: all fit on a priority list somewhere
Sweetie Pie [8:54 A.M.]: LOL
Aynetal3 [8:54 A.M.]: not somewhere HERE right now ... plan now... Sweetie Pie [8:54 A.M.]: nice you learn so well
Aynetal3 [8:54 A.M.]: see it just took a little while
Sweetie Pie [8:55 A.M.]: actually, maybe I should just talk to you later, with the head of steam you got going you will be like a white tornado around your place right now. :-)
Aynetal3 [8:55 A.M.]: I can only white tornado for 7 minutes at a time ... sometimes it gets very frustrating
Aynetal3 [8:56 A.M.]: what's made the most difference with the exercising is pushing myself out of the house on a weekend. So like maybe I can get showered, dressed, and to the cleaners and drycleaners
Sweetie Pie [8:56 A.M.]: ahhh, that is why we have so many goals, as time goes by if you stick to the physical goals that will improve immensely
Sweetie Pie [8:56 A.M.]: a very good plan
Aynetal3 [8:57 A.M.]: Also we've been trying to establish last 4-6 weeks the priority of self-determination and self-regulation work for Sundays Sweetie Pie [8:57 A.M.]: Pick up milk at the liquor store next to the cleaners
Aynetal3 [8:57 A.M.]: It's all about setting up goals, following through, and evaluation the progress
Sweetie Pie [8:57 A.M.]: I have seen your efforts, very proud
Aynetal3 [8:57 A.M.]: That's a pretty big mental jump ... we're goin to work first on getting towels in from back of car and starting load downstairs
Aynetal3 [8:58 A.M.]: :)
Aynetal3 [8:58 A.M.]: I don't want to take out my back in one trip up with milk
Aynetal3 [8:58 A.M.]: ruin me for the day
Sweetie Pie [8:58 A.M.]: Ok, I will check with you later and we can mark our progress, and evaluate it. :-)
Aynetal3 [8:58 A.M.]: wooo HOOO don't forget!!!
Sweetie Pie [8:59 A.M.]: I won't,
Aynetal3 [8:59 A.M.]: We're using timer AND organizer AND in-between notes with MPD blog. Your up against a tough cookie
Sweetie Pie [8:59 A.M.]: Ok in a few hours then
Aynetal3 [8:59 A.M.]: ;)
Aynetal3 [8:59 A.M.]: smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooochhhhhhh
Sweetie Pie [8:59 A.M.]: you can say that again
Aynetal3 [8:59 A.M.]: :-*
Aynetal3 [8:59 A.M.]: hehhehe
Sweetie Pie [8:59 A.M.]: :-*
Sweetie Pie [8:59 A.M.]: O:-)

OK, so maybe everyone has talks with their sweetie about stuff like this. But, I have to tell you … it’s pretty exciting … Cause I know that it means so much to both of us to make something of our weekend. I’m sure it’s like that all around the world. We actually have life so very, very good. I think of that every once in a while when I have house working thoughts. I really really do like my place … I’m pretty sure it’s the only thing keeping me from going off the deep end completely. I don’t want to live anywhere else. I like my space. Ok, ok … have to follow through

Priority #1: Start the first phase ... clean off junk on office table AND bring in wash cloth to wipe down table. SERIOUSLY. When finished with that ... sit down and draw ourselves to places on the floor where things have fallen. Think in preparation for vacuuming later down the road. Get things INTO the dishwasher. 16 min 43 sec.

Ok, so next is this … we have this on the next agenda

Priority #2: Good ... Table tops clean ... clean dishes put away and dirty dishes put in AND garbage collected around station #1, animals put back in their encouraging place after table top wiped down. Next Take care of loose things in the living room including clothes, towels, and blankets - open curtains. Establish two laundries ... one for laundry out and one for laundry in. 11 min 20 sec.

Ok good good … we’ve established the next goal of Priority #2. Feel good about that … We might just want to stick with the living room after that and see what we can do about the carpet needing to be vacuumed. Before that though. Let’s make Priority #3 about getting the blanket stitched up. We have a small hole in our down blanket and it is letting out tiny little feathers that now need vacuuming. We’ve put off that task for quite a while thinking there are plenty more feathers in the blanket, but we’re thinking now that’ probably wrong thinking. It’s one of our more prized possessions and we really don’t want it ruined, or that it keep our living room a mess. We can do this, right?

Hmm, We’ve got 9 minutes left before we start Priority #2. It feels good to be here in that my space is picked up, which is like FlyLady cleaning her sink first as the center of her world. In our world first place goes to our computer home. Hehehe this is where some good old fashioned obsessiveness comes in handy. Good girls! I think it might be kind of a gloomy chilly day out there. I think we are going to need plan to drop off our coat when we are doing the clothes. Better be prepared. Grandma says there’s only one more expected nice weather week. Hmm, should plan to get in a shower and get dressed too. Hmm. We’re going to need doing that for the laundry. Let’s say after the living room is clean, we work on that next. Vacuuming will be the worst of the day, other than washing the kitchen floor. Both need doing pretty darn bad. We need to establish a list for the Walgreen’s too. Let me see …

Prescriptions
Shampoo
Conditioner
Petroleum jelly (Doctor says feet need major work)
Shoot know there is other stuff
Multi-vitamins with iron (for hair and such)
Body Powder (Deb says)

Ok, anything fun now? Hmm. Deb’s on maybe just talk to her for a sec. Whoops she’s not immediately available. K what else?

Hmm, better get ready 10 seconds left … Ok, let’s reach out for laundry!

Priority #3 Fix blanket from losing feathers. Search for the possibility of more than one hole.

Ok … up to another break waiting for Priority #3. We filled one white garbage bag of clothes with stuff from living room. 92% from which hangs on the back of our couch. Crummy system. We found an empty basket for the gym clothes and towels. I think we’re going to focus on just the gym under and over shirts. We still have some clean shirts left from last week, but we have quite a few towels both inside and out in the car. We need to remember when we come in – we have to bring some work for tomorrow that is still in the car. The suitcase is too heavy to bring up and down, so we’ve got like a gym locker/work bag going on in the car. But, we’re not going to worry about that quite yet. We should make an upper end goal to be at the laundry by no later than 2 pm because it closes about 3 pm. 10:15 now #3 blanket, #4 & #5 vacuum living room, should be about noon before we’re done in the living room. So maybe then shower at noon … let hair dry … Laundry at 1 pm, then dry cleaners, then maybe post office? It’s a plan … We will need some money … Let’s see $25 for laundry. Pretty sure that woman at the cleaners is going to charge me $20-25 too. That’s about $45 – 50 cash. Hmm. Do I got that much?

Ok, good news and bad …I’ve been up and about looking everywhere, but I can’t find the needles and thread I bought. The good news is that it turns up we have $60 … hopefully, that will cover laundry, dry cleaner AND post office

Whoops ... gotta go ... finished living room vacuuming too, and took a shower, and left only 15 minutes late. Better stop at laundry and drop off the clothes BYE!