Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, October 23, 2006

Pretty Gosh Darn Good Day

Good Morning. I think it is at least … It’s now 7:41 am and we’re very frustrated with ourselves. It has been a good morning, we’ve been up since 5 am, but we forgot that we had a Dr. M. meeting today. Shoot, shoot. Just no fair. Why can’t we remember stuff???!

Pretty much we had been working through the post we didn’t get posted yesterday. It took some time because it needed fussy work done like pictures and color had to be done over again a few times to get it right. When we thought of starting this post, it had occurred to us that it might be the week we were going to have his appointment early, and then we looked and realized there was no way we could be at his office in 20 minutes. With traffic it would have taken 45-60 minutes, plus time to walk down to his end of the building. Too much … and I wasn’t showered and dressed yet, nor had I taken my medicine. D*mn … I really blew that. I wrote him a quick email, but he has policies nowadays that we don’t do phone appointments.

Smoochy face just stopped by for a moment. Dammm I forgot again!!!!! We just agreed to him coming over at 3 pm and I think at 2:30 pm, we have a dentist appointment. Oh Damn double damn. Better check that out.

Oh man oh man … am I screwing up. I just dialed our friend back, but apparently my phone had saved his home number when he had called me at some point, because he picked it up questioning me calling his home number. Oh man oh man shoot, where is my mind??? He called back on his cell phone and in a couple of minutes the situations were explained and everything is ok, but it means that I have to be at dentist appointment at 2:30 and my friend is going to be here by 3:00. Shoot I so hate to miss the times he can be here. He said he is going to do a little cooking today, so obviously I’m no help to him there, but usually we sit on the table side of the room and chat while he cooks. Hopefully, it will be a very, very short appointment. They don’t take things like that past an hour, right? I don’t think it is one of those dentists that back-up a lot of appointments. It’s pretty calm and relaxed over there. Though, I will have to remember to look up the address. Can I handle that?? Not sure.

Hmpf! I thought I was having a pretty good morning too. Shoot, shoot. Well, I guess it still can be a pretty good morning, but I’m going to need moving on with things. We’ve work to do today … and still we haven’t finished cleaning the house. If nothing else, I have to finish cleaning the kitchen. The cooking side isn’t so bad, except the floor and the table needs to be cleaned off again. We swished in the bathroom yesterday and removed dirty towels and such so that’s ok, besides the floor, but the two bedrooms need work. I have to start with taking out a big old box from the back room and getting towels and clean clothes from last time put away. That’s pretty much it there, except one day, I’m going to need getting the bedspread into the cleaners. It’s going to cost a gold mine, but there’s this particular spot that Chief has done his best to make hairy. I’m going to have to cover that place next time with a couple of towels, so I can keep up with it better.

In our bedroom, there’s always a bed to make and again we have some clean things in there that haven’t been put away. Really not too much else there, except some clutter on the dressers. Again, nothing in our house is impossible. Just at 7 minutes per shot … it takes a longggg hard time. I don’t think people understand what it means to be in such pain every time you stand up for a few minutes to do something good for yourself. I don’t know how I got arthritis, but it sure is a terrible, terrible thing to deal with. Sometimes I watch other people fly around and I feel so low in that what they are doing by simple task has become an insurmountable feat to me. I just get teary. Ok, ok … nuf of that … we’re not going to get down. Let’s think it through … Priority #1 today?!!

Hmm, 8 am … just took our medicines that’s good. We need to balance work work, house work, and writing work. Maybe we should finish the writing work, so we can get on to the other two. AND, we’re going to need taking a shower soon. Hmm, maybe we can put that off until about 1 pm. We are going to need stopping by at the cleaners either before or after the appointment. It would be better before than after. Then it won’t take-up so much of our friend’s time AND maybe he could help bring up the clothes. Though he’s already bringing up groceries and we are going to not want to overwork him! It will be a much bigger deal if I can finish the cleaning before he gets here. Let’s set the timer now to begin in 45 minutes or at 9 am.

Ahh, we got a response from Dr. M. We gave him a good report … this is what we had to say to summarize our weekend. J God Forgive me, but dear son … we’ve got to write a little about you, because our heart is bursting open in pride of you and your accomplishments and the wonder of your little girls.

Dear Dr. M.

As an update ... things are going pretty good. Though, we wish we were more motivated to be working on work stuff. Seems we get to the weekend where we think we're going to catch up on some stuff, and then we just want to be doing our own stuff and not deal with work.

We've gone quite a few days up to yesterday where we hadn't made entries in our blog so ... not sure exactly what's been going on. I know we were at work on Friday, but had some car trouble. So that took a bit of energy, and we had to leave work right after Thinking Group to get the car out of the shop. I think she'll be ok, the car, but we had to take her to a strange shop. The engine light isn't on ... cuz we got her out of their pretty quick ($65) and talked to the regular mechanic. The first guys were going to charge about $300 and our regular guy said make sure the oil is filled and that seems to be what took care of the problem. Our friend, of course, was on top of that, so we veered out of trouble.

I think we were home by ourselves Friday night and went to bed early. Saturday late afternoon Our friend cAbby over and we went out to eat and for a drive in the forest preserves south of here. That was very nice. Unfortunately, he had to go after about 3 hours, because of a card gAbby with his "officials" friends. *Sigh* I think that night we watched some movies.

Yesterday, we set ourselves up to get some housework done. It's part of our plan to concentrate on self-regulation, especially on Sundays. We got some work done - pretty much clothes, the living room, and wash room and now we're hoping to get through the kitchen today and maybe touch on the bedrooms. They are not real bad, since we rarely use them, but every task takes forever. We are in very bad pain by 7 minutes and do better again after sitting for 15-20 minutes. It takes a long time to get done with very little and the effort is great. Some tasks are harder like it takes two efforts to vacuum the living room sitting down between things. I find ourselves bending over on the couch while pushing and pulling the vacuum in front of us. Sometimes this all makes me feel like crying.

We talked to Our friend this morning and he is going to come over about 3 pm with some groceries and to do some dinners. I had to call him back, because I'd forgotten we have a dentist appointment at 2:30. I hate to miss out on any Our friend time.

The only thing else is that Macadam called in the late morning yesterday and asked if we would like to come out for lunch. I ended up paying for a delivery lunch, but that was ok. I felt he needed a break. He was so funny. Weekends he watches the girls while Lee works. She gives him a list of clothes to wash and rooms to clean AND of course taking care of the girls needs. Our time with them was wonderful!!! We spent about 4 hours. A lot of time was in just watching the girls. Lissel is crawling on all fours now and she's very speedy! Hehehe She also has learned to pull herself up by the couch to be in a full standing position. She's just amazing. I think she's on track, because she's about 9 months old. Word is she can say "mama" too :) Macadam says she also says "I have an excellent Daddy and he takes care of me so good." Umm, we didn't quite hear that ourselves, but don't think Macadam would lie to us!

The girls are relating to each other very well, with the exception that Abby is having some trouble sharing her toys. She wants Lissel to only play with Lissel's toys. Abby could be seen climbing up to the couch and pushing her things to the back of the couch where Lissel can't quite reach yet. She's thinking about it, but we have to allow here SOME time to process this new change of events. Lissel thinks the world of her big sister and follows her everywhere. I was very pleased Lissel would come over to me too; in that I wasn't such a stranger I scared her. That was very nice.

Macadam spent some time after Lissel went down for a nap showing me some work he'd been doing on his Fantasy Football team. This is his 4th year with this particular group and he has taken it on himself to be publishing to his league a "paper." By that I mean he takes on the personalities of various writers and speaks in each of their perspectives in writing articles that reflect what's going on in the league. He says that a lot of what he does is try to stir up controversy so that people will respond and start talking between them selves. He says it doesn't matter if they like him or not as long as there is dialogue, because he says that's the important part. There are 20 teams in his league and I very much respect and admire him for what he is doing. It seems the funniest thing because this effort is more like something we would do than anything else I've ever seen Macadam do, although he's using his particular talents in sports news and statistics as I might do things work wise or with the blog. I knew this for sure when he made an off-comment about averaging out the teams’ ages and years experiences so as to compare teams' abilities. I thought oh man oh man ... this is definitely MY KID!!!!!! He says sometimes people will comment on how much effort and detail he puts into the job although no one would have asked him to do so much ... I don't know how in the hell it happened ... but, I couldn't be more proud or pleased. I made sure he knew that ... and we listened to as much as time afforded us. He's soooo cool! I wanted to listen as if there were no tomorrow.

So, that's about it. We set our timer for about 20 minutes from now so we can write a little more before getting back to the cleaning and work work tasks. We figure to be in the shower by 1 pm, stop by for the clothes about 2 pm and on from there to the dentist. That means we've got at least 4 hours of work to do. It's not much ... but, we've got to start somewhere.

Thanks for letting me do this catch-up ... if there were a summary ... it would be we're doing fine. We're trying to keep up with the monitoring of diabetes too. We are averaging 110 at this point. We're about 70% ability at this point in remembering to take test at the right time. Hmm, ok this too could take some improvement. We'll keep working at it.

Hope you have a good start to your week. Thank you for being just an email away. :)

Us