Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Just another Sunday

Good morning … we’re moving along … been up for a while, but had forgotten to get a hot coffee. Maybe I should do that now. Today is October 15, 2006 and it is 4:39. We decided it must be time for a bowl of cereal too. Yes, you would know it … a heart healthy one with fiber and vitamins. That’s the new lay of the land. So much needs to be of being healthy.

I’m not sure what I’m up to today, but we’re pretty sure it has to include going to the gym. I hope that is something you get tired of hearing about here. I’m not so sure I’m more studious with anything else, but that. I don’t feel I’ve had my fill of it though too I have to watch myself, because it might mean I’m trying to avoid something else. Maybe though it’s just representative as a change of priorities, or being me … perhaps, a change of parts. We’re very fickle in that way.

All I know is that it is early Sunday morning and I can do about anything, but most likely will choose some aspect of ourselves that we’re trying to work though. Not sure where the clean division of labor goes. Softly, I hope at least. Ok, let’s break this down as we are so apt to do anyway. Personal, work, and school where school is on hold and work will be fine enough tomorrow. Personal then … mental or physical? Least that’s been our normal choices. We could choose again and pick like personal space and look toward cleaning up around here? Maybe, maybe. Take some focused attention. It would be advantageous though all around. Might though have to then think of finding and sewing the hole in my blanket because certain tiny feathers are escaping and adding to the mess that’s considered my living room.

Well actually it’s not too much a mess though I still have the tendency of leaving clothes half clean, half dirty on the back of my couch. Think we should make it a goal today to get to the cleaners AND to do some personal laundry from home. Remember back when we got the towels and decided we were going to wash in the machine downstairs our gym stuff and towels?? Well, we haven’t yet followed that through, but it is about time. We’ve gone through most of the clean clothes now at least once. However, not the jacket and pants part. That is at work of all places and still waiting its maiden voyage out. Soon though, pretty soon. Another thing to do that has frightened me this week after the brief snow shower is the thought that I might bring my winter coat stuffed in the back of my car … to the cleaners. Sure be nice while down there to pick up some of the garbage while we’re there.

Ok, ok girls … that’s about enough of that … too much. Let’s keep it simple, k? So far we have literal tasks to do with the day that include now sewing the blanket, cleaning the living room, taking clothes to the laundry and coat to the cleaner, and most likely doing something like dishes. Well thought we’d throw that in as long as we were up. Enough?? Clean the car?? What? What?? Oh man some tyrant must have woken up with us this morning. Let’s not go too fast here, k? Let’s just say all those things are on the burner. Maybe back burner.

So, what is there … ahh the ever faithful task of “petting the kitties.” Yes, yes of course that will take up some of the time today. Like now between pauses as long as they don’t get over excited and demand to be petted. That’s just all in all out mischief. Maybe, in fact they get together during their off-kitty hours, sit around drinking wine and discussing how they are going to next capture our attention. Well yes, a wine and cheese party would be a fine idea, but we’re trying to take ourselves away from fat and we’re being limited to only one drink a day. Hmm, somebody should include getting a nice new car scraper too, ok? Yup yup between pants for the gym, a snowscraper, and our winter coat we’ll be properly accessorized for winter. My bet is that that thought of winterizing has swept through the country this weekend. Snow really took a bite out of reality. Ok, ok … enough local chatter.

Oh dear … what have we done … seems we just worked up to our tired wall. How the hell did that happen? We’ve taken a sudden craving to go back to bed. Was it something we said? Maybe perhaps the mere thought of work? We’re always toggling those thoughts are we just lazy, or is it being economically strong with our strength? Hmm, why don’t we say this to be better decided after our nap, and why don’t we ask the kittie if she is going our way. Maybe then this is something that she vibrates out and is just getting into my eyes. Uh huh think that’s it.

Whew! We got that out of us … It’s now 7:30 am and some time has gone by. Good sleeping, but we woke up with a bit of a head ache. Hmm, must have gone to sleep before we took our medicine. We’ll take it in a few moments, but for now our kitty just got adjusted … hate to startle him.

We usually have dreams when we sleep at this time of the morning. Today they were about hmm. I know part was working ourselves home and we were with our granddaughter, because I remember this one part we were practicing skipping, jumping, and leaping. Hehehe as if my bouncy GD needed more lessons in this. Shoot, that be like teaching Chief to sleep. *Sigh*

Hmm, been drifting to sleep from our chair … it’s now 8 am. Maybe we better get our medicine AND shut the door. BRB.

Ok, that’s done maybe now we can stay awake. AHA! Just in time … Sweetie Pie signed on. Maybe he will nuzzle me. Oh … that was last night *silly me*

We had a kinda funny night our timing was off from him and I think that hurt his feelings, but everyone made up and then we were pretty sure that would then work out … well everything was fine, but shoot … sure a sparkly night! Probably, we’ve explained this over than what is necessary, but I feel the importance of leaving markers.

Sometimes stuff happens and you can’t talk about it and we gotta be ok with that … but for the record it makes us sad when we can’t remember or figure out something in writing. That’s all I’ll say about that. ‘Cept I think to be fair we should have a name for this. Maybe like in notation that we had an “Unmarked remarkable moment.” Yes, I like that a lot. Sometimes then I will say there was an unmarked remarkable moment, and you should then know that something has happened, but for reasons beyond our control we vowed to ourselves not to mention it in kind or detail. Like in not being able to talk about the boys … There are many unmarked remarkable moments that I need to hold in my heart buried past the site of our memory. Sort of like thoughts that have met their end, but placed under a great weeping willow – given their peace as the unknown soldier thoughts that they are. Salute.

Ok … we’re out of control a bit … we’ve just gone in to this thing for I’m not sure how long. It’s noon now … last time check umm… Yikes 8 am. Been out on a tangent looking for a web site. I finally found it and then that took some time. I’m not sure that all made me happy, or was a healthy thing to do. Just a tangent. Had saw something and one thing led me to another and another. Just lookin at stuff we’re not supposed to. So, how do I incapsulate this moment and make it go away. It seems to be a part of my character that is less than spectacular. I’m think I’m in a rut that isn’t trying very hard. I’m sliding. I’m supposed to have gone to the gym by now, but I haven’t. I figured I should eat a light lunch first. At least enough food for a healthy snack. We’re eating the vegetables again.

One of the things that had happened is there was a lot of noise outside my door from people who were moving around things for the lady across the hall. It made me feel seclusive like I didn’t want to go outdoors. But, we know that’s been a problem from the past … about not wanting to leave the house on a weekend. I’m still determined that we are going to go out, but we’re going to have to work our way through it. Right now I feel stronger about wanting to be here writing. More likely to be free thinking. Maybe thinking about anything that isn’t work related. I know though I’m supposed to move to get the laundry gathered and to go to the gym.

Well, thinking about it … I would like to go to the gym. I would like to hear the thumping music and to see the other women. I would like to feel as if I am doing something right. I need to think I am a good person. This would be a contradiction in thought. Hmm, how do I get back to that healthful person. I should probably do something that require me to stop typing and stand up. Maybe if we got dressed? That be a good idea right? Ok, lets do this one small thing at a time. Washroom and clothes … you can do this baby.

Ok, that’s better … we’re up and dressed. We need a little break and then we’re into phase two … we need to gather together a couple of bags of dirty clothes and see how all that goes. Maybe a few loose thoughts here. It seems like it is a good idea to have us up and moving around. Maybe we could then later entice ourselves into finding something to get into on the computer that is good for us. Hmm … thinking I’m probably missing football too. I think I am going to say one thing about how the morning went. I found that our friend’s wife and I both very much love John Denver. That has sort of stunned me. I mean I think I had known before, but she had celebrated his life at the anniversary of his death. It’s something that we have to accept. He never talks about her, but sometimes I wonder anyway. Maybe its better we go to the gym. Ok, next phase … we need to gather clothes for the laundry. We can do this.

Very good … you’re doing it.

Woo Hoo … we’ve done it. That was pretty good. By now we finished some more vegetables before having a frozen dinner. It’s ok about 5:30 now. Football in the background. Ahh that was good. We’re working up to maybe having a lemonade slushy tonight. So far so good with the diet today. We had cereal, vegetables (twice), and a frozen meat/veggie meal. Not all the goals today, but some important ones.