Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Umm ... uh huh thanks Kitty Friends ...



Good morning. Umm this is what we look like at 1 am after the kitty woke us up a half hour ago. Pretty sure without that, I’d have slept a little longer. Maybe a nap later on?




This, however, is how people look at the end of a work day when thinking of one’s psychiatrist who we are pretty sure has near abandoned us. We were feeling at the time pretty mad and hurt. This is the yucky stuff … at the time we couldn’t think much at all. We couldn’t think of what to tell him, except we knew it was about time we connected after not having done so for the week. I know … pretty yuck feelings. We’re trying to go here with the thoughts that all feelings are ok to have. Take special note that we are by ourselves at this point, the staff and clients have left for the day, and we are not holding a weapon of mass destruction! We tried this new method of emailing yesterday with Dr. M. where we include play-by-play pictures. I think the thinking here is that they might be more expressive of our real feelings than words alone, that he should be knowing where we’re at, and that he will read the attached note that asks not to be put on any special hate mail lists, because we don’t hate him, we’re just mad.

For now … we’re just trying the coffee option.

Oh man … these kitties are pushing it … now a certain Missy is meowing in my ear. First they wanted me up, then breakfast, and now they think I might want to pet them!!! Who changed the plot making us all secondary to pet wishes??? Ok, ok … maybe a little more coffee.



Hmm, I think we better concentrate on something here … Anything else yesterday? AHA! I know one thing. I was like a smoke away from going to bed … and of all things my telephone rang. Bout scared me to death. Wasn’t sure what to do at first. But, then I remembered you have to pick the darn thing up. It was my first call. Well, there was one other, but it was an 800 number, so we didn’t pick up that one. But, this time, we looked at the little screen thing … and there right on my desk in front of my favorite color pencils was my sweetie pie! Could have bowled me over! I got to talk with him and that made me so happy. I asked him if he would call me back again some time. And, he said, well yes, maybe  yoooo hooooo

It was real nice … we told him about our evil pictures to the good doctor and then we forwarded the email. He talked about his daughter coming in and how he had made time for her on his schedule. We told him we liked V again. He laughed saying something like, “What? You get mad?” He usually sticks up for V and scolds me for getting mad at no good things or reasons. Hmpf! I think it is a male dominated world, because Dr. M. and Dr. W. would stick up for our friend and then later V too. And, both V. and our friend are saying we should be nice to the boys. Double hmpf! Men! They just don’t understand anything … But, better be warned I will shoot the next one that doesn’t let me talk about my feelings! Shoot, now I’m HMPF’D OUT!

This is where it would be nice to get a good old fashioned T hug. She would understand we’re pretty sure. Christina maybe too … But, for sure TJ and Tammy … Damn about any of my female friends could understand. Nikki, might even get the gun for me! I hate to thunk it … but, sometimes I think guys are a little on the inadequate side. Do you know what I mean?



*Sigh* ok, enough of that for a while … Sometime they dare to say, “What’s wrong, did I do something wrong?” And, that’s where they make up for lost grounds. Cuz, you can be pretty sure some female or another is going to clue them in! And, things seem more ok after that.

But, we’re still mad at Dr. M.

*Double sigh*

Ok, next?!

Anything else from work? Let me think … Umm, think we pretty much tried to just hide out most the day. We went up front for the lunch stuff. AND, we didn’t eat out at BK! YAYYYY! We might be eating one or two too much nutrition bars, but at 120 calories for the ones at work right now … that’s very much more ok than eating at BK. See the problem with that deal … is not only do they give you two chicken sandwiches for $2.50, you feel like you just HAVE to have that nice caramel cheese cake, because it’s really silly to use the credit card for ONLY $2.50. Umm, right? OK, OK … feel another male moment coming in here … We don’t have to go there again!

Lucky my diet buddy doesn’t read this blog … *gulp*

Ok, ok … anyway, we were saying NO BK yesterday YAYYYY! Oh, I said that … sorry.

More coffee 

Ok, that’s better. Back to work thoughts. Let’s see, we were hiding and a hiding. Sr. called me up for something. Seemed pretty silly at the time … Oh, I know she got an email message she didn’t understand. Hehehe Always think at these times, GOOD, I DIDN’T do anything wrong.

We need a lot of YAYYYS! This morning!

We handled a situation with one of the DSP’s … the one who didn’t like my goals and had complained to Sr. how overworked she was. We were handling ourselves pretty good, but still had to go through the feelings of being put out by her. When confronted, sideways, she wouldn’t admit to having told Sr. T. that it was MY client’s goals she had rejected, and naturally, then me … another rejection! And, yes I did take that personally. She tried to come back as if she would try again on the goals and with me, but we were pretty firm about that point. As long as she wasn’t excited about the goals, we didn’t want her touching them with a ten foot pole! I think she figured she had stepped into doggie doo-doo. She tried to make up for her lost ground, but we weren’t letting her come back in that way. We were pretty straight forward with her. Told her Sr. had added that this wasn’t the first time she complained about the goals. “Oh, Sister must have misunderstood me…” Uh huh.

I knew though that it had been more difficult to do the goals I set up for my 5 clients than the other Q’s., and that because of it, she had gotten a higher sense of pride from doing that. But, we were pretty unforgiving at that point. No calling out wolf on my turf! Especially when WE’RE the wolf! “No, you don’t have to worry about it; we are giving them to the assistant. It is good experience for her, and should help you out with your time crunch since you’ll only work 3 days and have only 3 hours to do goals.” She then said well maybe if you take only 2-3 goals, I can do the other 9. I said what about the other Q’s goals? When are you going to do them? She said, well they aren’t a problem, because they are easier and only take 10 minutes. Ok, so let’s now figure out the math, is that 10 minutes a goal, or person. Ok, goal … that means 10 minutes times 3 goals times 7 people … that’s 3 ½ hours.

Now you told Sr. and me both you only had 3 hours for goals. She said well sometimes, I can sneak in time in the morning, but I also have to get doors and phones. Ok, then let’s do it this way … you worry about getting the other Q.’s 3 ½ hours of goals in during that 3 hours and other, and we’ll worry about my client’s goals. Because for the clients to work with the assistant that is a win-win deal. Still took her some time to figure it out, but by then we were in our stress reduction mode. If this person was stressed and she was after all one of the staff I work with in training, I figured it was my job to make life less complicated for her. That worked for me. Better to feel benevolent then grumpy.

She then said, you are going to take the clients during MY work time? UGGGGHHH! I said I only have the assistant on Thursdays, and she would yes take one or two clients for half hour periods for up to 2 ½ hours in the morning.

I knew by this time she was kind of hurt by the whole deal, because she did like working with the clients, she had wanted to maintain the status of a specially good DSP who can do the hard stuff, but had become overwhelmed in areas of her life outside the center. We talked about that for a bit. She didn’t like the idea that if she went, she would simply be replaced. While I don’t blame her for this … we all like to feel important, but during the heat of her day … it had simply become too much for her. SOOOO end of the story. We’ll set things up for the Q Assistant on Thursday. We’d already talked to her about it and the new plan will start on Monday. Like we said, win-win for the clients and the assistant, and I might add me too! Lot less complaining, and after the DSP calms down again … it WILL be stress reducing for her as well. Good plan all around. I think the assistant is going to learn a lot and I’m excited about getting her trained in with the clients. YAYYYY~!

Ok, ok … but, that is REALLY about all I got done yesterday. Didn’t open the journal. Had it out on my desk and was intending too, but I needed to get the Paper printed out and I thought, better look through it from editing stand point. That led to another and another. And, pretty soon the day was consumed up to the point we’d gotten mad again. But, you already know we got over that too. YAYYY SUPER ANN!



This is us being happy again! Ok, ok … 2:30 am. I think we got our general business covered and even the kitties are giving us a break. Maybe it is time to think of that homework situation? Sure be nice to finish those last 10 pages. I don’t think I can get it all done this morning, but other than some good V time, we’ve got 4 hours of time to put in. That seems like a good plan. Hold on better get the paper out of the brief case. Yup, yup finally feels good to carry the darn thing. Personally, the best reason is that when I carry it, I feel almost yuppie hehehehe. That’s what one of the DSPs is calling me after I bought the PDA. Damn isn’t life great!??

Good idea that Chief and Missy woke me up!

Ok … next … we read over the 20 pages of paper so far … the hard copy. There were only 2-3 editing changes at this point, so we’re doing pretty good. That means we are satisfied with what’s happening with it. Thing is, we now have to go on to the next phase. We have to do the analysis and this is complicated by the need to use references and the need to keep it about 5 pages long. Believe me writing quantity for us isn’t the problem. HEHEHE ok, ok … you knew that! Don’t get so funny!

Let’s see … Maybe we could open the original outline … ok … that doesn’t feel TOO complicated. Only two changes … so we corrected those and saved. So far so good. The desk is arranged too



I know … but we like those two pictures on the blog … We figure that it is us looking interested and smart. That’s to encourage us. Hehehehe … The next window is the outline, then this document I’m typing then the most current copy of the paper … then us again in real time… we’re always looking for an obvious change in parts, and of course the buddy list … we figure about 45 more minute before V wakes up!

Ok, now … looking at the outline. There are 8 areas we want to fit in five pages. Eh, you already know what areas. We started this with you all yesterday morning. Demographics is first and that came in during about February … switching the MPD blog over to the Masters’ blog. Let me see if I can catch the link for US census, I’d used before.

Damn! Ok, time flew by … I’m outta here!