Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, March 27, 2006

On the Run



Yeeks! Isn’t that scary! Good morning. Yup, yup still playing with the pictures. I figure by now you all know how narcissistic we probably are. But, we’re thinking we are in this for the long haul. We just didn’t realize how interesting it was to study our facial expressions. It’s like we are catching different parts of ourselves, but am not feeling terrified by it. YooHOOO!



It’s a pretty neat thing really, it gives me not only a sense of me, but it allows you to see me more clearly in a relating manner. It gives the entries a new level of depth I don’t usually see out there. And, I still have the thoughts that the blog will go on for a long time and at some time my grandchildren will be able to catch up to who we are, because they sure don’t know us very well at this point. I find myself thinking here about my grandson Austin. I wonder if I will ever see him again. Our interactions were so few, and then they weren’t at all. Shoot, shoot … not going to go there!

You may have noticed that we’re still dressed. We didn’t have such a productive day yesterday. It was about 1 pm when we last left off. We worked for 3-4 hours, got about 7 pages written, and then we paused because we were too tired to go on. I think we ate, then tried something different … we turned on the TV. It was pretty awful. We ended up watching a PBS fundraiser special. When we got to the part of watching a 92 year old used to be fairly big singer, we thought … nope, nope nope. Can’t do this. I think we laid down for a nap, slept a couple hours, then got up, and then went back to sleep for the rest of the night. AND, we woke up late about 5 am. I guess we must have been pretty sleepy. Never even got into our pj’s. There’s only about a half an hour before we are going to need getting in that shower.

I’m not so sure how happy I am to go back to work. We woke up thinking again about Dr. M. Can’t help thinking that for all practical purposes he is gone. Trying now to insert that this is the week we see him. He’ll probably see that angry face again. *Sigh* Ok, don’t want to go there either.

Shoot, shoot … thinking there is not much that is safe for us to talk about. We’ve got little pockets of angry stuff laying about our minds like real mines. I’m not the one to go in there with a sweeper. See this is me … chicken sh** person.



Yeeks! Ok, what’s safe to talk about? Hey that ARC convention is coming up pretty soon. Next week I think. Not sure which day it falls on though. That ought to be a nice break.

Other than that … there is the paper. Maybe it’s safe to talk about that for a few? Let’s see where are we? We got the summary work done. We ended up using ourselves for the last scenario. When we go back into it next we are going to need doing more of the literature searching for the analysis and synthesis. That will take up the last 10 pages.

We’re trying to think now of method of attack. It’s double-spaced, but the work of this last semester takes up 184 pages of material. I know that I have the Paper Tiger to help me look up things, but I’m not sure what to look up at this point. Lets see … does the old outline help any?

Hmm, what used to be the second section titled critical analysis of important concepts and theories of this course seems to be in general demographics, control/responsibility, values and barriers, family characteristics, education, class affect on perception and behavior, religious and spiritual influences, and core mental health concerns. I guess idealistically, this is not a bad set of reference points, but it has to be specific to the case studies that I’ve set up. Maybe, I could include this all as one section and just do a paragraph on each?

Let’s see for example for demographics, I could compare the US demo of 67% White Americans, 14% Hispanic/Latino Americans, 12% African Americans, 4% Asian Americans, and 3% other with the neighborhood statistics and the center’s statistics. Neighborhood says 13% White Americans, 50% Hispanic/Latino Americans, 35% African Americans, and 2% Asian Americans, 0 other. We are almost right on track with the center’s demographics and the community, but where I might take special note is that while the DSP staff has a good number of Hispanic/Latino, there are no African Americans staff and still about 45-50% White Americans and the Administration team consisting of the Sr., our friend, the other Q and me are all White Americans. And, we are the ones who set up the structure. That will be something good to talk about. Yeeks! Time to go!



We’re back for just a minute or two … we’re running officially late for work, but need that one last smoke to get out the door. Trying not to think work is going to be too hard. I wanted to mention though that last Thursday, we received our work review by the Sister. We did pretty good this year … Only one 8, three 10’s and the rest all 9’s. Yoo Hooo. But, the nicest thing was that there weren’t so many negative comments. She was concerned we’d be too involved in school, so we made sure she knew that we’d gone down to one course, though would continue taking vacation time to finish end of the quarter papers. She also wanted to know if our memory was going to improve. We submitted the Doctor’s results, which didn’t indicate improvement, although we emphasized the difference in using the journal at work to track things down. We didn’t tell her there were days, we were too intimidated by work to open her up. Let’s just try not to make today one of those days. She brought me back up to the level that I believe I’m her best employee again. She emphasized that I was earning more money than anyone else at the center and on top of that, she gave a 5% raise starting next week. YOO HOOO!!!

Just thought all that a pretty good set of thoughts. I sent her an email saying that I was running a half hour late, so I suppose I better now get myself out that door. It looks to be a beauty of a day here in Chicago, though it will only get up to about 50 and there is a chance of rain. Naw, not even that is a negative … ok, facing the next step bravely … catch up to you all later!