Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

You know what you "gotta" do!



Hi again. It’s just me … I tend to ramble on through the day, please go on with your other plans, hehehe, most likely I’ll still be here when you get back.

I’m not sure where I am at right now. I have about an hour left before our friend comes over to play.  Don’t let V know, but I’m pretty sure we want to listen to a non-Coldplay song by now.  We’re now in an Enya mood … trying to settle the minds.

I’ve thought of school, but unfortunately, we won’t go there now.

The most impressionable part of the day wasn’t necessarily doing the songs, though that was fun. The most impressionable was waking up with V and T. It has been several years since I’ve met anyone for a length of time in a room. It seems everything comes back to you. For awhile there was the music in the background, but more time was spent without. Just talking. Very, very nice. It feels like all my life lead up to the minute. Does that make sense? I think it was a Gestalt. 

There are so many new things to learn in life, sometimes we have a hard time falling asleep. Sometimes with the schoolwork, I get overwhelmed in thoughts that have gone on between great minds for sometimes hundreds of centuries. I am awed by the beauty of when truths come together. It makes me smile. Sometimes we get so happy we fly through the apartment, yell or laugh. Umm, pretty hard. I’d like to think we were just easily amused!

I was asked about spending time on my own today. There have been years gone by I missed talking. Not often now days. I do panic if the electricity is out. I’m apt to go sit out on the balcony for a bit and try to figure it out. I try to bring back recall of book reading, but that lands in a thud as I remember, “Oh yeah, homework.” There is always something to read.

I am not like many of you who pick up literature or poetry. I used to be an avid reader and know I could still do it. I still order books - mainly psychology. My living room is surrounded by books. Well, sorta. There are six large bookshelves  I keep thinking that is something I am going to do when I retire. Maybe by then also I could sit on the couch. The computer is on a table in back of the couch, so we rarely meet. Maybe though, by the time I retire, they will just hook computers to our minds, and we will drift in and out of consciousness by blinks or finger taps. Maybe my ice water will be through intravenous, ‘cept attached with non-pinching Velcro’s. I would like some kind of converter though. You would only need to put the old book in it, and it would go in the computer brain and images would dance flowingly on a wall monitor. Umm, this was in a movie, right?

I am perhaps a lazy dreamer. I would like to have knowledge, but spend a lot of time processing our thoughts without materials. I think in the olden days women did this as they washed dishes after big meals. Sometimes, I feel if I took my fingers from the keyboard, I would stop thinking all together. Maybe that’s why our friend comes over just to prepare us for the transfer between home, work, and doctor’s computers. I am so obsessed with this now that I keep a computer on either of my office desks. Someday, Sr. will insist someone else get that second computer, but I will have to do my best at muddying the waters. Maybe we could call this “Nunsense.” Sorry, tickled easily remember?

Around, my home no one ever tells me my humor … ugh … that’s enough of that thought! 

If I don’t move too soon, there is a chance I am going to be scolded again. I’d been doing so poorly on diet this last couple of days with all the leftovers, we bought some donuts. My diet buddy may not think that very funny. *Sigh* there is evidence to bury. Wow. Another period of being on my own is coming to an end. Probably best, in that usually after long periods I build-ups about wanting to be around physical people. I guess that is where I lost my thoughts. Being on my own. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy thinking about absolutely anything I want. Me and the computer are apt to take long lingering strolls together. Sometimes I don’t want to come “home.”

Shoot. If I do that, someone might think we should take clean dishes out of the dishwasher. Hmpf. No fun, No fun! Drat. Woke up the wrong parts.

Ok. We’ve been thinking it through. One trip out to the kitchen dirty dishes, one trip back with new garbage ought to do it in here. Maybe open the balcony. T’s the only good smoker, cuz today she QUIT smoking!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY T! Then we need to empty clean dishes and put in old dishes. Maybe swoosh the counter. That should be about it. One of the nicer things of this kind of lifestyle … things don’t usually end up out of place often. Just clothes and dishes. Our friend helps us with the real cleaning. When he can force us. Just a note here. I can only stand or walk 7-8 minutes at a time. I’m not sure if the new people know that. It helps to explain so much computer time.

Yesterday, I watched a video of a mall opening early and people trampling each other. Nope, I can do without. But, then again there is that walk in the woods to make love. That part isn’t so good. Maybe a short woods?  Yep … that’ll do! Ok, we’re off to try out the grand plan. YAYYYY!

*SIGH* Almost. 12 minutes to spare. Place picked up dishes washing. Need to take a shower. Need water! Plenty of water in the shower! But, it’s shower water! This is always a little tough. But, in the end the shower-takers prevail!! Ok, now….