Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not too much for a Saturday

Good Morning. This is me and we’re finally starting the writing. We’ve been out of bed for a couple of hours. We fooled around for a while and then we read some stuff from yesterday, and then for a little while, we crawled into Rich until I thought we were going to snore him to pieces. I think he had to get up and use the bathroom once too. Then we had to get snuggly with him all over again. I think this love business is like a magnet that allows you to believe always how sexy your guy or girl is.

*Sigh*

I know, we’re back there already. So much for our morning concentration. We had a pretty good night last night after work. We left about 4:15 pm and got home about 5 pm. Maury decided that he had too much on his plate to come over and Rich felt in the mood to go out. He suggested Tony’s, which is pretty good. I wish they could do something with their atmosphere, but right now they don’t have room for anything, but booths and tables. They have another half, but they seem to pile everyone into the one side. I don’t know what is up with that. 98% of the people in the room were seniors. I’m not opposed to that, but it gives me the sense of eating in a nursing home. I was most likely the oldest patron in the room. It’s kind of weird. I like though to get the egg omelet, hash browns and pancakes. Rich seems to be reverting more and more often back to the pork, dumplings and sauerkraut. I’m learning to like that, but its still not my favorite food. This last week or two though, we found that we could do the sauerkraut. It’s got kinda a sweet pickled taste. I was introduced to it at a wrong time in my life and I associated it with Germans, which I was and hated.

Sooo that’s enough about that. We came home and took medicine/talked and all that, and then we had to decide which direction we were going. We had been crabby entering the restaurant. That lasted pretty much throughout. Rich was like just eating and not talking much. He had thrown open a wide reaching future changing idea for basically a new business to be added onto his hectic schedule. The big center Abraham Lincoln that had been out to visit St. Rose Center the other day called him back and wanted to ask Rich if he would consider a position of running their program – both on the side and in the workshop.

I wasn’t in a good mood to considerate it. Mostly after I left the writing, I was looking through the fitness thing, and checking into Blue Cross Blue Shield’s position on weight management. They give some kind of discount at Curves and Jenny Craig, but the one is just for women and the other is food management. I did find though on the insurance site a program that asked survey questions and then fed them back to you in a form of a health report. It was a nice devise, though some of it seemed obvious. I knew that if I responded that I don’t wear seatbelts, that later on it was going to reprimand me for that habit, and it did. But, it strung certain facts to point out certain things that were most likely right conclusions. I think it is actually a series of surveys, and quite a bit of “common sense” health things. There is no way that I can think of weight as less eating and more exercise as being the right thing to do. But there wasn’t a lot on the psychology of it … how do you do what you want to commit to, but seem to mess up. I guess that’s where we get back into the stuff on self-regulation. I’ve seen others, including Rich who says … it’ll be done in an hour, because that’s all the time I have for this project, but I seem to have real problems with it. Like my blog writing, I tend to go on and on and probably do a lot of repeating of similar thoughts and threads and behaviors. I lack that which is commonly called discipline.

I think we’ve had this argument before though. I can do things like writing and eating with great consistency, but other things no. It will be my downfall.

Ok, whatever this direction is let’s stop it, ok? Let’s talk about something I can grip onto better. Ahh the fitness thing … I remember … after that, or somewhere in between we got a couple of calls. One was from the financial aid people and the other was the physical trainer person … The trainer – Tiffany wanted to know if I were goin to do it like that … She was referring to me just stopping and leaving. I told her how put out I was … and that I had only like 2 sessions and that they would just say – you are fixed, ask me to ring the bell, when all that was happening was that they’d taken all my money and was done with me. Tiffany said we’d only used like 11 apointments of 25 or so that we had a long way to go. I couldn’t argue against that, because I know how valid the therapy work had been. She said that they would need a new script, so she was going to talk to my doctor and call me back.

I think when we talk to her, we are going to tell her also what a huge turn-off she’s been in that she’s always off on her own just playing around with her peers.

And, I didn’t feel very professionally cared for. It’s like it was back in the gas station days. There was a lot of titillation with some of the guys I worked with, but there were other times, when we had to be serious and just be getting work done. Sometimes I feel like they are just a bunch of kids playing around. And, I’d felt hurt that Tiffany showed so little interest in me as a patient or connection.

I feel like I can’t trust her or that I’m anything more interesting than a cog. I
just don’t want to be insulted. I know though that for the health part I have to get over my own big head … I need the therapy. It has been something that is good for me. That is part of my effort in looking for the right gym. I think we wrote yesterday of the circumstances.

Hmm, it’s a while later now. I think wherever we were we jumped off because we figured it was time to go snooze with lover lips. Well, actually he got up, but we enjoyed an extra 45 minutes being zonked out. We’ve done several things since. The big deal one was that we investigated Bally’s Fitness Club. We have an appointment to go see it tomorrow at 10 am. We were finally at the point of saying ok, Rich … this is what we’re doing. You can come with us and make sure we don’t get fleeced or you can stay behind. But, whether or not your going to join with us, we’re going to do something here … I don’t know what to expect of Bally’s. I figure there must be some reduction of services because the cost is about half as much as some of the other clubs we were looking at. I know they have a swimming pool, but I don’t know how big or what the condition of it is. I finally got the screen that showed their classes … they don’t have as many and they aren’t as fancy as some of the other places. But, most classes I wouldn’t be able to do anyway. They seem to have only one swim class for example and it is at a time of the morning that is inconvenient to me.

To be fair I should check out the other gym in Burr Ridge, but I don’t want to get into the fancy if I can’t afford it. Bally’s doesn’t have racquetball court where the other one did. But, Bally’s is not charging for the extra classes. He said that their busiest times are on Mon and Tues between 5 and 8 pm. I believe they are open until 11 pm, so I suppose the thing to do was to go at 5:30 in the morning when they opened or about 8-9 pm. I think that is pushing my bedtime though. Best to stay with the earlier hours. Or, about anytime on Saturday and Sunday. I also found their personal exercise scheduler, which is pretty basic, but inclusive of a lot of things. I don’t know if they just have less machines, but it seemed like a good proportion were being done with bars and free weights. I hope this isn’t the case, but we’ll just have to see when we get there. The other alternative is to just drive over to the Burr Ridge, if it is too disappointing. 10 am is a good time on a Sunday to go, because it will be a good gauge of what I should be expecting.

The big deal is that it’s about $33. The difference is in how much you put down … it can be $5 and up … one way or another they are looking to get $800 for a 2 year plan. I believe you can pay month to month though, but its probably for a higher price. I think they have something too that if you sign up and stay for 2 years, then the price goes down to $17 a month. I don’t think that’s as scary as some of the other plans at $79 or more. I liked the guy that I was talking too and he told me the way to break the other contract was to give them a doctor’s note saying that I needed to be excused. It would seem then the cost of one relieves the cost of the other. And, I’m not sure if I wrote it yesterday, but I forwarded it onto Rich that I can save probably about $200 every 3 months by getting the 3 month prescription through the service Prime mail, which is hooked up to Walgreen’s. Just have to get $400 lined up in advance. Rich sounded like he was going to help me figure that out. We didn’t get into with him the calls about having put my Nelnet school loan on deferment yesterday until January. I am talking to a consolidation person. I want to get my school loans my like $68,000 worth of loans and put all of them together and pay just one low fee. I think if we paid for it over the next 20 years … it would still be about $280 a month.

I think that I’m going to need to work harder, so the basics would be that the $200 from saved pharmacy will help pay most of the school loan and the money that I got going to Woman’s workout world would pay for bally. I’m not getting ahead here, but I’m not getting behind. AND, we’re spending the money more wisely. We need to get a grip on the health conditions and somehow set ourselves to the gigantic responsibility of making ourselves healthy again. I’m saying this knowing that I ate another candy bar about 20 minutes ago.

Hmm, it’s now a while after … Rich is resting on the couch and there is a skate show on the TV, but my back is turned and I have my music. I just asked Rich before he zones out when I should wake him up. He says that I should do that in 20 minutes.

So, that’s where we’re going with that. In the meantime, we’ve talked to Maury a couple of times. He left the address on my computer FINALLY. I like to plan in advance and he’s like oh about that time we’ll think about it. HMPF! Anyway. It’s 3:30 now and Alex and Maury will pick up Joe at 4:30 pm, and they will stop here about a half an hour after that. And, from there its about 21 miles or a half hour of driving. That is going to put us there about an hour before the door opens. I don’t know, but I’m thinking that they are going to try and get in there before the program starts. General Admission starts at 6:30 pm. I have to make sure to take my medicine on time.

We also took our shower and ate a late lunch. Don’t like it but we’re going to eat an early dinner on top of that. I’d rather not, but we don’t want to be hungry out there. We need to ask Rich for $20 too for the cost of admission. Joe might have extra tickets, I thought he said he has 3. That means that Alex might have them too. But, best to have some money. I think I might have $3-4 in my car too. It’s good to get there early so I make sure that I have a place to park the car that’s not so far, although Joe could park it again … this time turning out the lights.

*sigh* We’ll get the hang of this thing. Someone will just then call me or write, give me the address and time and I’ll be ready. Isn’t that really the simple version. When you go as a group, then everyone is into group plan. Ok, ok … calm down … we ARE going with our boys to see Joe working hard and that is a good mom thing. Right?

Hehehe Rich is doing little snore things he says he doesn’t do. Uh huh, right!

He’s so gosh darn cute. We were helping him look up hotels for his fishing trip.

Well, at least I was sitting next to him … but, it was somewhat frustrating. Just because I’m used to being on the Internet working at my own speed.

Whoops left off here more tomorrow.