Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, June 08, 2007

A Little Get to Work Excerpt

Good morning. This is me again. We’re at work now and it is 8 am … so we’re thinking that is a pretty good time to be conscious that we are here. There is a little excitement in the air, because the group is going on a field trip to Indiana to eat out and do a walk to a shrine. A couple of the leadership group came in to release some steam … one of the guys rarely comes in so it was a big deal. They are so excited to be going on the big bus that they are about ready to topple over. Usually it means they get to watch videos on one of the buses many screens. I went once and we were watching one of those cartoons with the Antz. Ahh good reason to be excited. AND, there is a bathroom on the bus … that’s a pretty big deal too. Although, I’ve heard over and over from their DSP, “has everyone gone to the bathroom?” Yup, yup big trip. They should be out until the end of the day when the transportation comes to pick them up. For sure, they will be tired. They are scheduled to leave any moment now as soon as the bus gets here WOOHOOO~!

They always want to know if I’m going, but 99 times out of 100, I have to say no. I usually am the staff that stays behind with the secretary. I can handle extra problems and then relieve her for lunch. That a girl, I know you can do it! Hehehe

I’m not sure what I’m going to do today, although I think I will work through the Amazon order to get the last five pages registered and that might take a couple of hours. That project is going pretty well, and its taking down some of the anxiety to be getting the books down somewhere where I’m not going to lose the list. I don’t know what to say about the extra order that went in with the four books … It cost about $120 … so I think Sweetie Pie’s not going to like that, and I’m thinking that that money was supposed to be for something else. In addition, we stopped at the Chinese place last night and ate the entire thing – no leftovers.

One of the reasons we stopped is that we had an extra half hour downtime. Wooo HOOO, 8:16 and they are loading the bus. Anyway, we stopped and then our favorite person saw us come in the door and she got all excited … there were many hugs. And, then before and after I ordered she came out and sat down with us and we talked for most of the half hour. She had to let go of a love, she’d opened herself too, because of his anger and inflexibility that she’d discovered after they moved in together. I felt very bad for and we talked about it and what she could do after … we encouraged her to talk about it and write about it as much as she could, and then if she wanted to she could burn the writing. We also encouraged her to be out around people more and to take trips like out to the “country” and to the beach. She has a very small life since she’s dropped school of going just from home to work and back. I was kinda sad to leave her.
But, as we must we pushed on to Dr. Marvin’s … before we left the car, we had 5 minutes so we sampled part of our dinner, and then ate some after we got back to the car, and then finished before we got out of the car when we got home. I think we said something about Dr. Marvin’s last night. Not really sure where all that rests. I know Sweetie Pie called back before we went to bed. We stayed up the last 45 minutes hoping he’d call back. We didn’t tell him anything, but that it had been a hard appointment. I think of what I remember now was that there was a lot of memories about bad situations where men were serving off of me. That’s about all I want to remember today. I know that we were having a hard time with it last night and wrote Dr. Marvin a short note that sounded like, Damn it. Damn it!

I’m not sure what that was about either …

Whoops couple of things …the secretary came back to check basis. I was a little nervous with her, but I’m not sure why. Maybe because we were in a private place and just the realization that we are pretty much alone here now and officially, we’re in charge. Then a state case worker called to say that we were due for an ICAP … which is just a report that we’ll hand in sometime soon, but maybe closer to her staffing. Ahh, just opened the curtains that should help. Did we know that there is a new flag out there? I have a perfect view of it, but might have lost track. Looks pretty and offsets the cream color of the building and the greenery and blue sky. Sharp. Sister had removed the blue panels from on top of the windows and brick … it’s now the same color as the building so everything is very coordinated … and the Windows are nice and new and black outlined, and then there is the wrought iron tables and chairs, and the garden … well, you get the idea. It’s a good idea to have this window in our office. I have a perfect place to be when I remember to just open the curtains. Ok, we’re not going to be weird here today, are we?

Ohhh yeah I remember we were going to check the books too that were here against the ones on our wish list at Amazon. Might as well do that now … We would like a good clean list. Ok, let’s go for it.