Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Long Stretched out one like only Saturdays can truly be!

Dear Life, Good morning. Ohhhhh what a nice morning! This is the first day of Christmas vacation YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! We started off the day reading a couple of email cards … so we felt in the Christmas spirit. Hmm, How bout some Christmas music? That’s a good idea! Ahh 67 John Denver Christmas songs. That’ll keep us busy for a while. Sigh that’s 4 albums and we’ve got it on skip around. Cool, cool AHH Muppets!

Life is good. *Sigh*

We got to eat a couple things morning. One very special. Our sweetie pie put a few gifts under the tree, but there were notes saying which days I could open. This mornings??? A juicy, sweet caramel apple with THREE kinds of mini chocolate chips. WoooHOOO that was heavenly. Our guy knows what makes us happy. *sigh* We’re still working on a ham he left in the fridgerator … I figure we must be the most spoiled person in life. Just treated so gosh darn nice. Well, except by the kitties … they are all business … pet me, feed me, never let me go!

We also got around to handling that giant grapefruit Sr. gave to us in her fruit basket package. Pshwoo was that a chore for strong fingers. I found out that it was inside like a regular grapefruit size, but the peel was like a half inch thick. Wow … strong stuff. And, the nice juicy inside part was buried under tough skin. Definitely a diamond in the rough kinda fruit. When we were done our whole dinner plate was piled high with peels and stuff. Might have to give our fingers a break after a while.

Now Chief is happy … though he was happy earlier sharing a little ham. He’s curled up in arms. Oh man is this funny … I think Chief is listening to the 12 days of Christmas with the muppets. Everytime they sang another day his ears would change their scope. Each of Henson’s muppets would sing about a different day. Kitties are so funny. I think though that he likes John Denver.

Our sweetie just signed on for about 5 minutes. He was being interrupted in the background and we both knew he was going to need going. It’s about 7:30 am and someone was telling him he had to get in the shower. He has his whole family home which includes his daughter’s partner and a couple extra grandchild type people hehehe… God Bless them. And they are all for the time being under the same roof and hot water system. Lordy Saints preserve. Good luck to all that. We’ll stay safely tucked in over here. Lotsa room!

His intuition was that there was going to be problems. Part of it was his daughter stayed to long at her aunt and uncles. I think our friend gets hurt feelings about that … Lotsa stuff probably happening that I don’t know about. He had stopped over for a few minutes last night while waiting for his son’s train to arrive in Union Station, but the train seemed to be almost ahead of time … pretty sneaky train. It umm interrupted a nice time, but there was a nicer time for him to come, cuz his son was coming in. Probably enough of all that, but sure more to come … Going to be a long week 

Hmm, we seem to have drifted off there … it’s 8:15 am now. Wow disappeared for 45 minutes. We were listening to the music and then got a little sleepy. There … there … better to take medicine. Ok, we did that. Maybe we have to turn down the music a little so its not in the front of us so directly. Shaking off that grogginess … so now where are we? Still listening to the songs. Need to focus … hmm, maybe we need to give it a half hour.

Coffee? Ok, that’s a good idea.

Hmm, do we have ANY thoughts? Let’s see our friend came over … we did that thought. He’s our superman … hmm, that too?

And, the part where it is vacation?? Hehehe Good us. We did bring home some work though … We’re figuring out whether we can get something done on the project with the Paper Tiger software. I think we did the start-up of thoughts toward Tiger and brain … “Tiger Brain.” We worked on it a little yesterday, but I don’t recall it as being a real good work day. We were going to incorporate the two programs somehow, but at minimal do the tiger. We might want to think of that for a few moments. Let’s see if there is anything else we want to clear up first. What happened yesterday?

I think we were a little frustrated yesterday, because the peer Q was so busy chattering and visiting that she didn’t do her job of opening the center’s front door when it rang and the UPS guy came and left without delivering our sweetie’s Christmas gift. We tried calling back and they said they would redeliver, because it was still on the truck. They had later told sister they would deliver “tonight.” So, we went to our dentist appointment at 2 pm and fought traffic back into the city and stayed until just after 6 pm, but no delivery. Sr. said she would call back if it got in, but she didn’t call back and we don’t know if she would have heard the delivery if not expecting it. She had “taken over” the last call to them without routing it my way, or even remembering to tell me she had talked with them. It has made for a frustrating situation. I am still hoping the gift arrives before Christmas, but am not banking on it. I will go down if I have to, but kinda crabby about it. I most likely won’t see my Sweetie between now and Christmas. It shouldn’t be a major thing, but you know how it is … the gift is there … just want to see things through. I want to give it to him. I want to see him happy.

Ok, ok … can’t do anything there. Need to let things go. It’ll work out the way it is supposed to. Right?

It was kind of a quiet time back at work. We felt helpless until we tuned into the new Q’s computer. She was on our big one and we’d taken the little one home. We fell asleep for a little bit while using her computer though. I was pretty sure that after packing things to go home the first time that I wasn’t coming back on a Friday night to do more work. She did a real fine job ending the year on a good note. She finished the Qnotes for the year. Was pretty darn happy with her and I knew she was proud of herself. We both wanted to be moving on. Both of us can now be thinking about new roads and paths into the New Year.

I want to be spending a great amount of time this week on CARF and on CARF through the Tiger-Brain project. Maybe it would be a good time to flesh out those ideas. We haven’t thought through them very concretely yet.

We had picked up a book that we really wanted to read concerning mostly curriculums for developmentally disabled. I opened up a new location in the Tiger program and added the chapters and subchapters listed in the index. I started to add page numbers later, but for them I had to go back through the book page by page. We’ll finish that as soon as we open the computer. The thing that was different this time was that we thought through the idea of putting the index into the Paper Tiger. It takes some time, but I like the idea a lot. I think realistically, it could be a lifetime before I could read through all the books, but the index has the key terms anyway and that would help them in being better referenced into the system. We played around a little with it yesterday … it works like a charm.

The Paper Tiger is extremely fast at being a search engine for the things you enter into it. There is a fault in that I don’t think it can look for more than one word at a time, but maybe there is something I’m missing. I’ll have to look up something for search terms. I’m thinking now that I have to integrate a system for getting old information together with new information from the two separate CARF years. There are changes made to the book, especially in numbering the different standards. We need to get a grip on that. If we change the white folders over to the new system of numbers in updating it then we will loose the referencing system of the old books. And, vice-versa for the new … unless I can figure out a system. It’s going to take some concentration to follow those mental threads. I think to do that we are going to need setting up the laptop we brought home. I’m not sure if I want to put that here on this table because it will be a strain on our electrical outlets here and will block us from easily using our regular computer. The other thought is to put it out in the kitchen, but we’d have to work on lights. The overhead light isn’t good out there for reading small indexed words and numbers. I’ve got two lights I can move … one from each of the bedrooms. I would also want to change around chairs. The kitchen chair isn’t good for the long haul. Too uncomfortable. Could move out the desk chair from the back bedroom. That would work. Next, is to get over our fear of being away from the Internet computer. Maybe we could arrange just to take internet breaks? I don’t like being away from the music too. I don’t want to confuse the systems by doing and undoing cords here. That’s a pretty done deal thought. I need to be connected don’t want down time even switching machines. I might just have to set up the laptop in the other room and get used to it.

I’ve already thought through the idea of being off line with the little computer. I figure that is going to be ok. Just going to have to get over fears. It’s very important to keep the stuff on my work computer. I’ve thought of bringing out my teacart or typing on the smaller desk in the back bedroom to keep my kitchen table clear, but they would both be uncomfortable, because they lack decent leg room. Ok, thing is now … moving lights. I think our bulb is burned out in the back bedroom. But, the light’s more important in the big bedroom to keep. I’ve only got one light bulb between them though. I don’t usually use the bedrooms except when sweetie is here … and then we use the low light by the bed. Hmm. Except when I’m getting stuff in there to get dressed. I think we’re going to need doing it. We’ll need to use the big bedroom light. Don’t know where its plugged in … hopefully its not too hard to get to. Ok, ok … good … think we got it pretty much sorted out. I don’t think we’ll need the kitchen table until my smoochie friend comes over to eat … but he was talking like New Years Eve or something … that’s a long time from now. If my boys come over … more than likely they’ll be using the round coffee table again. It really was a nice size to gather them. Loved it. Ok, let’s not get side tracked.

Ok, we’re pretty much thought through this one. Next time, Missy gets up we’ll set up the back of the house computer. Now. If we are keeping a log while we’re back there … can we get it to the front computer? Hmm, ahh flash drive! That will work! Ok, Missy’s up brb.

Hi hi … it’s me again … It’s about 10:45 am and we’re back. We’ve been in the kitchen testing out the system. We entered a few pages and decided we’d been away for our Mama computer long enough. We didn’t change over the chair in there yet, because we like the height, but the chair is wood with only small cushion and not quite big enough to be real comfortable for all our size. We’ll see later … I don’t think the alternative chair is so comfortable either. We’ll have to see. We’re having a chair crises ARGH!!

Ok, deep breath … where are we? We did check out a few line items with the brain project. I’m not sure if that is going to be a worthwhile system in getting into for business needs. It is easy enough to copy and paste items from one program to another, but it is very time consuming. We wouldn’t want to take that much time for it … and the deciding factor was that the Tiger program was much more efficient in figuring out paths of thoughts in that it could pull single word elements together using the find feature where they’d have to be put in by hand using the brain program. It’s probably much more worthwhile in diagramming out our own personal thoughts. We have use of the Paper Tiger program at home, but at this time we’re thinking they don’t overlap. This would be a serious flaw in the program. I think there are systems where you can get various machines to interact, but that might be pretty complicated. I can see this eventually becoming a need, but I would count on their program evolving within itself before I needed to go that far. We’re talking like 15-20 years down the line. IF I’m still an employee of SRC. I’m processing into the Tiger system my own resource books, so I see that as all good.

Do you remember back when I got this program. I had thought we could enter all the books from our massive library. Hehehe … we’ve always been ambitious. I think we’d have to work first on table of contents before we indexed the set. Heheheh for now … we’ll think through just the important books we have at the center, particularly in learning and education. I figure that’s our field after all. Not to say other books wouldn’t be assistive like the ones on grieving, or sexuality, or community involvement. They are really all inter-related around the general topic of people with mental retardation. It be the same as all society really, but in this case we’re dealing with specialty knowledge.

Man oh man … life’s a pleasure.

AHA! Forgot! You thought we did?!! Well, we did, but that’s beside the point. Point is … this is our first day off and we’ve yet to think of being a program director. WooHOOO!!!! Lots to think of here. Hmm, are we otherwise caught up in other areas?

There is one side-note … we decided to cancel the invitation to go to my son’s MIL for the holidays. We needed to make a decision and he had stated well, it doesn’t make much difference to me if you come or not. Maybe he was frustrated with our indecision, but knowing that it didn’t matter to him if we were there … we obviously declined. If he didn’t care who else would?

Shoot that was kind of a bummer note that’s most likely to cause problems down the line. Better being by myself than just take-up space around others. OK OK … nuf of that! Bottom line is just that we weren’t looking forward to being around strangers, so that it was then better to stay at home. Why make everyone uncomfortable for nothing. Specially, since my son had already started setting down rules of engagement such as what I could or could not bring for presents with my Granddaughters. He said it was better that I gave them my gift at another time. But what kind of crumudgion would I be to show up for Christmas without a gift. And how terrible would it be also not to receive when gifts were getting handed out. He said something about coming after the gift part, but there’d be gifts all over the place. I don’t think I could handle any and all of that. Just don’t want it. My Christmas tree has four gifts … well now three cuz I ate the super-duper apple, but that is enough for me … AND, I know I get one special big gift and that’s not under the tree yet. Since my kids only want money … nothing to put under the tree for them. HMPF!

Hmm, interesting. I have most of a roll of quarters here. I wonder how hard it be to make our tree into a “money-tree.” Hehehe seems it be just a matter of tape and quarters to hang up the coins as ornament. Might try that. At least it would be SOME surprise for our Granddaughter. She could take them home with her and maybe use them to decorate her own tree. If her mother can handle that. I don’t know how they are keeping my youngest from the tree. But, most likely she’s having a great time with it HOORAYYY!!

Ok, that’s a thought for later anyway … it’s SOMEthing that made me feel happy!

Heheheh had been thinking of giving the girls their $100 in singles … I like that idea after handling all the money with the clients. I think we could wedge the bills in the tree and scatter them down below … that way we could REALLY have a productive money tree. It be a nice way to “wrap-up” the money hehehe good good … as far as those stuffy old kids shoot … forgot the cards at work. Have to think of something else. Be fun to give them their money in $1 bills too. Hmm, they might not appreciate that so much though? What to do for the big folk?

You know what would really make me giggle … is to get a set of four more little Christmas trees and scatter them around the house. We could have one in our bedroom, the spare room, the dining room and the kitchen … Better stay out of the bathroom. That take a bit of managing. If they all came through the front door … they’d see first the granddaughters tree and more important the granddaughters would see the tree. And, the boys would have to discover there’s and we could say … oh sure we’ve taken to raising money trees on our own … Go ahead and take one! LOL We’re so gosh darn goofy! Hmm, where would I buy a set of little trees on special before the 30th?

Hmm, lost some more time here … its’ 12:15 … we’ve been looking at trees … Best one is at TerrysVillage.com and it is a 3-set with tall artificial trees that that are like 3, 4, and 5 feet tall With the widest … 24” The set sells for $39.99, but if not everyone wanted to keep them, maybe my oldest son could help me out … He’s got a motherinlaw AND a garage and basement. To make it less difficult … we could get just 2 sets and spread them out so that the oldest gets 4 trees for his family and the younger two get one each, or they can give them to me and we’ll make room for them. Pretty sure and am counting on the oldest taking four, but in a pinch if he didn’t want them, we COULD find places for them. I wouldn’t mind having six tall trees! I would have to figure a couple by the TV a set of 3 in the dining room and a couple maybe one in the bedroom. The ads got me when they stated something about planting a forest inside our house hehehe. The trees don’t start their branch thing except about half way up the tree and they look to be planted in a burlap bag, which might surround some kind of basket, so that the tree stands sturdy. The affect is as there is an unplanted tree clump of dirt and roots under the burlap. Hmm, guess we do sorta have a tree motive … hehehe the big art thing over our coach is a wide leaf dropping red tree. Just have to think the crowded affect of either my sons or our own. Don’t think anyone has a lot of storage space. Thinking though our DIL might find some creative things to do with the trees … she’s pretty art orientated. And if all else fails. She’s got the back yard! It doesn’t state what kind of material they are made of. It looks nice … lets wait a couple of days … be nice to find I can order them in a sale and still have them delivered in time for the 30th. Have to look at it Tuesday morning. Good enough … that’s enough of that right now.

Missy has found us so we are doing ok on that account tucked into our kitty. We got our paycheck for the end of the month. What did we do with that? Better check the bank. Ok, seems ok … says that there is enough to pay $870 rent and $650 gifts for kids/dinner and still have $400 So, I could pay for friend’s $200, but if I paid $80 PLUS shipping I’d probably only have $120 for gas and parking, plus auto payments until the 15th. That’s cutting it kinda short, because of three payments that are in the $50 range. PLUS school loan! Maybe the reasonable thing is that we shouldn’t get money trees, cuz we don’t have enough money? Wow what a thought. Need to do SOMEthing fun with the money? Cuz money’s not a fun gift. Hmm, we could at least do the money tree for the girls. At least THAT much is ok AN we got one tree they could share. It’s good to see that everything is posted and the client, srs, and staffs gifts as well as our friend’s gift is paid for … Pshwoo … another year without credit cards  That makes us feel happy!

Ok … wandered for a while again. It’s now 1 pm. We spruced up the living room and opened the drapes to finally let in the day. That’s usually a pretty good idea unless its after 5 pm in the winter time. Then you gotta collect a glow from the inside. We’d like to settle down now and put some thought into what it is going to mean to us to be a Program Director. So … One more time … is there anything we HAVE to do considering it’s the first day of our vacation, lunch (ham sandwiches) is done … there’s one last cup of hot coffee and we’ve a mind that’s free to roam?!

Think we got last week covered fine. Let’s move on then. One more thing … just in case you look a little to the right and up??? You’ll remember that we’ve got a dozen cut roses sitting on the shelf. Only a super duper lover would know where to place them optimally for the red exposure and away from the kitties. Hehehe he must have sat in my computer chair and thought … where can I put them that’s safe where she might look. Ok ok dear you got my attention! He’s so damn cuddly!

Hmm … one housekeeping note is that I’m not sure if my program is out for the video, but last week we took our son’s graduation video and I can play it on the windows media window, but it doesn’t play in the One note Progam and at the time it didn’t copy over to the video copying thing. I might want to check that out now to see where we’re at. Hold on.

Primary responsibilities

Providing leadership and support

Implementing effort by coordinating, supporting and managing this effort

Recommend direction to accomplish … design

To insure coordination of effort across groups
Sharing project status
Meeting information
Assignment updates

Contract monitoring – planned, ongoing or periodic activities for purpose of reviewing, observing, testing, evaluating, documenting, and providing technical assistance, reporting or ensuring contractor compliance with the terms and conditions and requirements of a contract

Examination and analysis of a contractor’s performance in order to document that the outcomes and/or activities are in accordance with the contract

Corrective action – informatl administrative process to assist or guide contractors when a problem with contract compliance is identified

Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of statewide standards

Following federally mandated components: identification, evaluation, procedural safeguards; case management; developmental or family training, health/medical services, psychological services, social work services

Provide advice and assistance regarding …

Plans and provides continuous training for … and technical assistance to …

Conducts classroom consultation

Trains and oversees “shadow” aides

Functional analysis assessments

Develops behavior intervention plans

Provide information and education to families with … on most recent scientific advancements in the field of …assure service delivery and collect appropriate data to quantify effectiveness of the treatment modality.

Provide educational training and outreach for parents, schools, professionals and vendor agencies regarding evidence-based effective services, best practice, diagnostic services, and best practice service delivery strategies.

Provide technical assistance to providers and programs that serve consumers and families

Participate in multidisciplinary staff meetings

Assist in problem resolution with outside service providers

Design and supervise early intervention programs

Direct the operation of a comprehensive … program serving individuals and their families

Ensure quality, maximizing revenue and profit and implementing strategies for growth and diversification

Evaluate performance for quality assurance

Manage staff development and training

Provide administrative support including compliance with state regulations

Provide guidance in empirical classroom management systems and data-guided teaching

Strong written and verbal communication skills

Knowledge of special education laws/regulations

Demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks

Assist individuals to function as independently as possible in a variety of home-life situations and community settings

IPP development and implementation

Establish, implement, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures

Function as independently as possible

Provide a responsive, cooperative lifespan delivery system of support, training, care, monitoring, protection and crisis response

Maximize opportunities for self-determination and self-sufficiency

Value integration, independence and productivity

Experience & knowledge of the broad social service system

Collaboration & systems development and monitoring

Plans, organizes, and manages the development, implementation and on-going operation of program

Provides leadership direction to program staff

Interpret each situation to determine the appropriate solution
Trouble-shoot system problems; and, monitor program activity
Implementation and administration of … program
Ability to work effectively as a team member
Provides leadership and direction; develops short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for assigned program; identifies service design and delivery options; reviews and updates plans to reflect changing conditions and regulations.
Establishes, implements, and update policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of assigned program, assuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and county policies and goals.
Manages the budget and all fiscal records for the program; prepares annual operating budget and amendments, agency cost allocation plans, and related funding requests; monitors and documents all revenues and expenses.
Selects, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff; establishes work rules and performance standards, conducts performance evaluations and initiates and implements disciplinary actions as warranted. Resolves grievances and other sensitive personnel matters; provides for the training and motivation of subordinates in order to make full use of individual capabilities and to meet changing systems demands.
Actively researches and prepares, or supervises the preparation of, applications for federal, state, and local grant agencies and for funding from other sources; assures compliance with grant requirements, directing the preparation of required reports.
Represents the county and promotes community awareness of and participation in assigned program by providing information and education to citizens, schools, agencies, business, industry, and other community groups; makes presentations and speaks before a variety of audiences to present program goals, objectives, and activities.
Serves as key liaison for the program and directs the resolution of inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services; responds to the most sensitive or complex inquiries or services complaints.
Interprets complex and detailed federal and state regulations to ensure program and planning compliance, and provides, or oversees the provision of technical assistance and/or training to agency staff, volunteer, contractors, and service providers.
May serve as key administrative and professional staff for advisory boards and commissions; supervises employees providing staff support to boards and committees.
Analyzes program effectiveness and recommends improvements to existing services, equipment, and operating systems; researches, analyzes, and evaluates new developments in assigned area and works to expand existing program and services; develops and recommends new programs and program modifications.
Develops and maintains a record-keeping system that provides for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of assigned operations; may include client tracking and complex management information systems.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of program management and administration, including budget development, monitoring and evaluation, grant acquisition and administration and contract negotiating.
Knowledge of data collection and analysis, and research methodologies.
Knowledge of the application and interpretation of federal, state, and local rules, regulations, codes, and ordinances as they relate to area of assignment.
Knowledge of modern supervisory and management principles and practices.
Knowledge of practices, principles, and techniques of public administration and the organizational structures and functions of governmental entities and agencies.
Ability to prepare, research, develop, and administer plans based on survey and analysis of data, citizen participation, and agency consultation.
Ability to set work priorities and train, direct, motivates, and evaluated work of assigned staff.
Ability to apply judgement and discretion in resolving problems and interpreting policies and regulations.
Ability to develop, organize, and oversee work programs, including monitoring budgets and funding, work schedules, contract administration, grant requirements, and progress reviews.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, public officials, the general public, and representatives of other agencies.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to make effective public presentations of technical, complex, and often controversial information.
Ability to establish and maintain accurate records of assigned activities and operations.

Program goals:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail.10001056.2005.html

• Directors of the functional divisions manage both project and functional personnel. They are responsible for defining requirements, scheduling work, setting priorities, providing facilities, acquiring and managing resources, adhering to company policies, and ensuring quality.
BRAKES…..

Ok, here I am back again … by this time it is 5:30 pm about and we’re taking a course in project management. I’m aware that this is more direct than Program Director, but since I’m not aware I have anyone to direct yet, we’re practicing managing a project without people resources. I’ve read through the first chapter, taken a pre-test and am reading the chapter one more time because it says that I should read the chapter twice. My plan is that we’re going to have the course finished over the Christmas holiday. It shouldn’t take up too much time, the chapters seem to be only about 25 pages and the focus of the reading is fairly easy and straight forward.

They are asking me now to think about something … They ask, “Would applying project management standards in our organization produce benefits? How?”

My answer has to be of course yes our organization will benefit from applying project management standards. It will give me a framework or framing to complete projects such as establishing a program for me to direct.

That’s a good idea right?!

Ok, back to reading.

Ok, up to page 7 of 26 … they are asking me to give two examples of functional work. Functional work is like the DSPs going in and doing the same kind of tasks with clients day after day. A functional task for the traditional Q is watching over a caseload and managing things that affect the client … same thing all over. Two examples of project work is when someone gets a job like “CARF” accreditation and has to think about doing stuff related to that with a beginning and end point at this time of being now till survey date in April or May. Another example of project work is in defining the role of a program director within the next 10 days. Beginning and end. Next … does my organization understand the difference between project and functional work? I think sister understands functional as DSPs and Q’s do functional and project work. We could better implement project management philosophies by becoming more goals orientated … so in a sense I can manage the program by working with specific projects. Each of these projects has a start and end point that will leave sister delirious, because she thinks I don’t finish anything. Most of the time she’s right, but in this instance, I am ready for the state inspection before it gets here. We are finished with annuals, Qnotes, and course coordination. WooHOOO!!! Yeeks … Now we have to draw a responsibility grid showing how our organization manages projects.

Sister --- Ann
Sister --- Other two Q’s
Sister --- All DSPs
Sister --- Support Staff
Sister --- Consultants

Get the drift. Our organization now runs projects via sister. The question would then be if Ann gets any one to be responsible for or whether personnel wise it stays the same. I know I am responsible for the new Q and I teach the DSPs. I also have developed more of the program than any one else. Does director mean direct people, or does it mean simply direct projects as might be a project manager, with the exception that I get to devise my own projects. And, all the projects developed constitute the program. Kind of makes us wonder … Is the program that which goes on in my head or is it something on paper that can be followed. Right now it seems to be in my head like the usage of the five domains. I know the domains are achievement, social, personal, community, and living, but in all practicality … none of the staff or administrator understand this system. It is only face value or what I am using in the performance analysis as my 5 pillars. Hmm, so as a Program Director I might assign me the project of developing the domains into an actual visible part of the program; that is usable to the DSPs, Q’s, and Administrator. Projects might have to be approved by the sister, or she might give me a little latitude. Until she trusts me we can count on little latitude. As long as my systems are working I have more latitude, so it behooves me to have good projects.

Ok, good good nice to be back in school with only $89 cost opposed to $1600 cost. Takes some pressure off the game. Ok, we’re doing good so far. We have a structure from which to formulate ideas on program directing through project management. Again a director is in charge of all the parts to the program which are its projects. I’m coming to self-definition here 

It’s funny. We asked Dr. Marvin last Thursday too after we told him we might be the new program director … what exactly did that mean. I knew he couldn’t answer it in the time allowed, but it did service the fact … that sometimes the cart does lead the donkey. Heheheh

Ok, next … complete page 7 and on to page 8. Wow! What a concept. I’ve been going and was assigned CARF as if it were a project. But my intent is for it to be part of a program. That’s a phenomenon of a concept jump. It seems to be a difference of scope. Sister seems to now be giving me a little latitude. Like maybe now I can devote some time to working on the performance analysis report as part of the program’s analysis of output … output being the program affect increase.

Hmm … not getting far very fast. It is almost 9 pm now and I’m at about the same place I was before. I don’t know if I told you yet, but we’ve had dinner, figured out how to plug in those silly lights and have been all over Microsoft. Damn them for their inconvenience and expense! I think they go to bed laughing at regular mortal men and women. It just isn’t right to be selling programs so expensive piece by piece until they bleed us dry. Man … they frost me. They still haven’t fixed their site either so that the scroll functions aren’t working. I think they want to see me shrivel up and cry. Damn them Microsoft!

That’s ok, I will just sit back and bide my time. They are probably too expensive for them to hire self to fix their site. HMPF! Sure can learn a lot about business that way though. I’m pretty sure those videos are meant for the big guys.

LOL shoot forgot why I had gone over the fence in the first place. I was a little revved up about our project management project that I figured I was going to try taking from Microsoft AHA! A free demo copy of their project package for the next 60 days. WooHOOOO. Almost got it! We’ve downloaded it and am in the process of installing as we speek. Lucky we remembered to go back! It’s a good thing to have a copy of it.

Shoot copies are good in general … it’s now about 10 pm. We went through a bit with MS again but finally, we prevailed. We’ve got now a copy of MS Project loaded on our computer for the next 60 days. We’ve got until February 28, 2006. *Sigh* On the surface it looks like what I remember of Project 03, but I haven’t tried using it yet. We wanted to have it up and running at the same time as we’re going through the mini-school Project. Lordy if ever there was a woman who wanted a project to organize her projects hehehe. NO we’re not going to tell our friend. He’d only laugh and giggle. Nothing worse than a know-it-all friend. *Hmpf!*