Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Just a few Housekeeping Notes :)

Good morning. This is me. We’re up earlier this morning. Sorry about that … We’ve been sleeping in so much that we’ve missed the writing. That’s not good! This morning we set the alarm. We are doing the coffee thing for sure.

Whoops … that’s all I wrote yesterday morning and there won’t be much more this morning. We’re still waking up late in the mornings. But, we’re doing better today, because it is at least 6 am. Good thing too because we forgot to set the alarm.

There are a lot of things happening now and we’ll really have to think on Saturday to put it all together. First off I wanted though to thank Deb for listening to us and letting us listen to her and just being a friend. Thank you Deb. It means a lot to me.

The second thing I want to say is thank you to our other friend. He was specially very, very nice yesterday. It’s a story I’d like to save for tomorrow, but I can tell you one thing right away and that somebody ended up getting flowers!!! 14 years and we’re still getting flowers … this has to be a very, very special friend. Usually we habit of loosing our friends after awhile. But, this one is like good sticky glue. And, that makes us happier than anything.

There are a couple of things yesterday about work because it was our Christmas day. The general point was that I didn’t think the clients got enough presents, but God blessed their welcoming hearts anyway. And, the DSP that we’re having a problem with didn’t get us a Christmas card. She delivered one to the new Q, but she didn’t come to my office after to give me mine. I’ve done some good talking about this already to our friend, Dr. M. and Deb, but will probably work it out again tomorrow … maybe put all those thoughts together. It still has the affect of leaving us a bit stunned.

On the glass half full side … the party was very good and people seemed happy. I was pretty happy with the gifts I’d given but I wished I could have given more. There was something pretty exciting that happened the day before in that Sister and us had a talk about me becoming something else beside a Q. It’s too much to think that its going to happen, but I might become the center’s first “Program Director.” If I think that the other item stunned me … this one entirely bowls me over. We talked to our friend and Dr. M. about it, and a little to the new Q. We asked her about how she would feel in taking over my entire client load. I think I have 23 clients right now. I think that was something she might be happy about, although she worried about if she could do it. But, I told her and meant sincerely I think she is ready for it. And, that’s what we told sister. There was a blip this week in that she got upset with us (the intern) too, but that was hopefully clearing itself where the other incident has continued ornerously. Ok, I made up that word, but you know what I mean.

Anyway … there was a lot of excited thoughts and I’m really going to need a lot more time to think through what all that means. Yesterday was like a whole new way of thinking. I was immediately concerned with figuring out stuff … I started the interest of looking on the Internet for ways to outline the position. Sister told me I should work-up a plan and that we’d talk about it after Christmas. I took out about 12 of my books from work that I thought applied to this situation. I know that I’ve been building up to doing something like this for a very, very long time. More details tomorrow, but for now … we started using our Paper Tiger again … just trying to hold in information. It’s been a gigantic leap of time since we thought of that project. But, we found it accepting that we’d come back to it. We want to melt together the projects of the tiger and the brain. Hehehe maybe we could call it the “Tiger-brain” project. Yup yup, we’re just this silly. Oh forgot our friend says we got to stay bigger about this. So, we’re going to try that a little … but not all the way k?

BUT, I’m pretty sure he would tell us now … we better get showered and dressed because there is still one more day before a 10 day vacation WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Ok, shower here we come!