Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Just a Few Brief Notes ... Going to Study!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Good morning … That’s right folks … this morning we are drinking our breakfast … that’s indeed ANOTHER lemonade slushie. It comes straight from a large yellow minute maid bottle and we’re taking it with ICE! Ha! Those late Saturday nighters can’t pull anything over on us! I plan to drink my slushies til there are no more slushies to be drank HA!

Ok, ok … not sure where that came from … but it has been a rather strange half day. Our friend was over and we were playing around the computer and we came across stuff that was unexpected. This morning then it became something we had to process for a bit more, and then put away again until we talk to our friend next. I think we’re ok about it … just feeling a little shock. But, since is not directly my business we’re going to try very hard to let it go.

We had a very good night. We ate Chinese and worked very hard to sooth his aching muscles … he’s working too hard! And, of course … the play. Always the very, very nice play. *Sigh* In large puppie eye heaven. Just the perfect amount of intensity to be trippin my mind seems like always to places we’ve always and never been all at the same time.

*Double sigh* Maybe I need to settle down here a bit. We’ve been talking to V, but have now gone off toward our different vantage points. V’s one of the people on my incredible list … very good sport. Hmm, I think I’ve never had the occasion to say that before. He’s one of those stand-up kind of people. Yup, yup … feeling kind of lucky this morning.

Pretty quiet around here … I had the air off overnight … kitties are resting comfortably … hehehe as if they didn’t ALWAYS seem to be resting! The birds are rather subdued and we’ve got tons of work on the day … We’ve come to a new agreement with V. and so we’re going to need to test our metal. Little intimidated, but I think we’re going in the right direction. We need to finish up some more reading.

We started our work on the other course, just because the deadlines are looming faster and more quickly than the other paper deadline. There was the regular need to go to the course room to figure out what’s what. I send in my letter for accommodations … read all the necessary documents concerning the course including a long 40-50 page document on writing papers. That one will be very handy … we’ve already picked up good ideas from it. We are almost through with the first couple of chapters assigned. I’m worried about the deadlines because one is Tuesday night and the other is Thursday night … That means I’m going to have a tough time getting things handed in on time. That’s when I figured I better start right away and hopefully free up then time for writing the big paper. I would be a very happy girl to finish the chapters and write two papers today, but I don’t know if I can do all that. There is a lot more requested of us as a paper writer according to the new standards. I think my biggest problems will be in not quoting so much when I like one author’s work and in better outlining before I write. I think the new format calls for better structure that will be more consistent with the big papers to conclude both degrees.

I know that I’ve had this instructor before too, but I don’t remember if he was the one that taught the course I loved in Life Span, or the one that ignored me in the first cognitive course. I’m going to try to forget that either way … I know that most professors don’t spend a lot of time commenting to students, so I’m not looking toward that nearly as much as we once had. And, it gets worse when you’re handing in late work. I don’t know any of the students in this course. That part is ok … I always start out very impressed with the status of my fellow peers and this course seems to have equally or better quality peers. I’d like to have someone I can relate and learn from.

There was a little done to rewrite some of the introduction paragraphs, but not much. I think I highlighted this time my interest in blogging. Then after I started to read the first chapter, it had occurred to me that the blogging was a part of us being in a social world, which is the course’s concept toward things that are newer to this next era of social psychology. I thought that was pretty cool. We’re on track with our environment hehehe. I was talking about it to our friend last night in that I’m pretty sure there are not a lot of multiples getting there masters of psychology and are functioning in the work worlds who are recording their life. Although, I think a fair amount of multiples do go to school and if any field psychology is probably one of the favored subjects for obvious reasons. Although, I don’t write now for an audience I have the hope that one day my writing and recording will make a difference to someone’s life. I’d like to think we’re presenting a working model of the more ordered part.

The big deal is to be working on more of what we’re interested in with the self-systems, particularly self-regulation. I know my memory is affecting our ability to hold all the concepts in order and that we have to study something many times before “getting it.” At least, that’s what those neuropsychological tests implied. But, again we are taking encouragement that all the information is going in there … and somehow some of it can be remembered and understood. One way or another … we are definitely being challenged.

I think our medicine is starting to kick in now … feeling more calm, maybe too because we’ve been listening to one of the video’s for the last half hour. The sound of our voice working seems to calm us; although I’m sure the videos have more significance than just that. I think for now though, we’d like to get on with the reading. I think we’re going to take it outside with a fresh cup of coffee and read from the bistro/balcony. Good for us to clear our mind a bit. The reading on this new book has not been as difficult as the cognitive psychology, and we found it interesting that there were so many side things to go along with it … it is very interactive. There is a web site, a CD, a reference guide, a study guide, and a research guide. Pshwoo. They really want to make sure we can learn this material. I’m looking forward to the course, but not as much as we had toward cognitive. I’m also not sure of the author yet. She seems to be writing to an audience of young people that are living on campus … I suppose though that is something we are going to need dealing with.

Ok, for now … let’s do some reading!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting