Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, December 22, 2005

What a Pleasant, Pleasant Day


Good Morning!

Ahh what a wonderful morning! There is plenty to be happy and excited for. Though #1 on that list might be something like it is one day before Christmas Vacation and 10 WHOLE ENTIRE days off work! Wooo HOOO!!

I cannot say that the last day before vacation is always real productive, but I’ll have the Q assistant here again today, to remind to stay the course. About midday there will be extra merriment in that the Clients will have a small gift exchange and refreshments. Usually, they are given a chance to dance, but I think Sr. has in mind a special holiday movie. At least so says the grapevine! Most likely they will still get their dancing in because is a Thursday which means the dance instructor will be in. YAYYYY!

After the clients settle in, the staff is being treated to a special turkey lunch. I think more in the order of sandwiches and potato salad, AND cranberries! After that we’ll have the staff gift exchange. Wooo HOOO!! I had especially good luck yesterday in that all the Christmas gifts I had ordered came in AND one of the staff’s daughters whom I am well acquainted had come in with her mother and sister and took on the project of gift wrapping! We of course got permission to pay her for the task, though money couldn’t take the place of how happy I was with her work.

And then, after work, we went out to get the last few gifts. We may have indicated before we have this one particular Hallmark store we frequent at Christmas. Oh what fun! I ended up getting four gifts. We found a special collection by an artist whose name I’m not able to remember, but he does I believe a form of plaster? I’m not sure. The objects are very heavy and painted in a great amount of small detail. We found for the nice Sister that stays with Sister Tess an angel whose gown reveals a small old fashioned community centered on the church. It is about a foot tall and is exquisite! We decided on that particular one, because I felt it could be displayed year round, although I had to let go my eye on the other angel who had revealed the Nativity scene.

For Sister Tess we found this wonderful, wonderful Noah’s ark design from the same artist. What a beauty. I noticed the heavy boat first, then on top the deck there is the housed-in area of the boat, Noah and his wife, and some of the neatest little animals. The final selling point was the ark was extended off its platform and underneath the boat there are like five fishes swimming (extended by little metal extenders). Oh, man it’s just tooo nice! Again, it was covered in finely painted detail.

We found one smaller gift for Sister Tess, our co-worker had set-up the Nativity Scene in the front hall, but she indicated a concern there was nothing to “top” the scene where the lights meet. The scene is very 3-D and sits on a table in front of the large window in front of Sr. Tess’ office. It is beautiful. So we found a tree topper that would do of an angel in flight. We thought “Perfect!”

We had one more gift we had forgotten for the little girl (about 10), who we’ve bought for each Christmas since being at the center. We’ve been to her home often and know that she comes in for the party. We had talked to her yesterday about how she would be spending her holiday and other Christmassy matters in general. We were still fretting that we hadn’t found the right gift. The clerks had started the process of finding boxes for the artwork and they’d set out a chair by the cashiers for me to sit. Low and behold!!! I looked up and there it was … the most adorable special Christmas apron, I’d ever done seen! What we had talked to the little girl about was helping her mother bake for the season. She was very interested in the conversation and had said that she could make cakes by herself now, but that she hadn’t baked cookies! Wow! What incredible luck I have!!! I know that her mother too will value the thought of her daughter maturing enough to be interested in baking, she is an excellent cook herself! Wow!

We left the gifts locked in the car and can hardly wait to get to work where they can be looked at once more before being wrapped. AHA! It’s 6 am and V is JUST getting up. We’ll have to give him a little grief here! Well, just a little. I couldn’t connect to him yesterday at work, because all afternoon the assistant was using my computer. And, after I’d gotten back from shopping he hadn’t signed on. Tsch, tsch, tsch… Hmm, he had to take the phone, and then signed off. *Sigh*

Hmm, one more event that was pretty exciting. Yesterday, my love IM’d about five and wanted to know if I would like company in an hour YOOOOHOOOOO WOULD I??? Hehehe, ah bliss, pure bliss. The romancing was something out of this world. Hehehe enough said there. We were ok, until he volunteered to take the garbage out and in the process rested the dirty bag on my clean kitchen counter. YEEKS super monster came out. We caught her in a moment’s time, shoot that was quick … I think we’ll blame it this time on being so highly emotionally charged. *giggle*

Whoops, it’s time … better get goin! Take care!!!

God Bless the patient New Yorkers

AHA V!!!!! What do you think of this one!!!