Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's nearly Christmas now!


(Picture prettier when clicked on!)

Good Morning,

Not too much time left this morning. I think we’ve all caught up with the rush of thoughts that happen when you open up your email box to see what the day’s brought with it. For the record, as much as I dislike hard mail, I do love to get emails!

This is the day our big baby is coming home, I hope. We just left him an emergency note for “HUGS NEEDED.” Ok, maybe we’re the big babies! *Sigh*

Everything is going along pretty good. We had a bad space yesterday though. We overate in the sugar and fats areas. We really need our diet buddy back. Oh oh … big CAT at the keyboard. Silly thing. I guess he needs hugs too. Yep, yep … he’s cuddled up between chest and keyboard. Smart kitty leaves our hands free. I wonder how many others across the country have taught their kitties to be computer compatible. Hmm. That’s another thing about my kitties, when I cough they don’t seem to get ruffled. I guess we’ve really learned to adapt to them. And, when they leave the hairballs, we’re right on top of it for them. *giggle*

I want also to say welcome to a new member of my visiting list. Although, I don’t go through the list as often as I should due to time constraints, there are a few people I like to get out to. Tom is the new person. Stop by his place if you have a moment. I think that Christina is already a frequent guest over there, so that says yards all by itself! Tom welcome to our little corner of the world. May we share many memories as time progresses us. YAYY!

Whoo somebody’s kitty has a cold nose!

Hmm, V’s back on line … Shouldn’t he be going to work by now? Ohhh ok, there he goes! We see T’s up too, best not worry her this morning. I’m pretty sure she gets more email than us! I saw again today someone wishing that she were their Mom. I’m thinking, maybe she could hang a shingle! “MoM business done here!” She says that Christina has come down with a bad cold. I feel bad about that. No one should have a cold for Christmas. And that’s coming up pretty soon now … Just think 5 more days! And only 2 more days for vacation. YAYYY. Maybe we can figure out something … hmm, sneaky minds in process. I wonder if Christina is still thinking she should be going into work. Hmm, that wouldn’t be a good idea. Now every time I think her name, I imagine her picture wrapped in a warm car blanket. Hmm, maybe a blanket with goose feathers! Yayyy that’s the ticket!

Whoops, Chief needed his ear rubbed … it was twitching. How on Earth can he look so comfortable laying on my wrists tucked in while my fingers type away. I guess this is the value of learning to type while holding your wrists in one place. Every once in a while like now, he untucks just enough to lift his head. I can’t see if his eyes are open, but we’re thinking he’s reading along and wants to know what we think of him. “Gosh Chief, you sure are a pretty kitty!”

Yesterday, we ordered the Christmas gifts for work as planned. Cept along with our peer, we ordered a cordless mouse for ourselves as well. We figured ummm, we should have at least one gift for sure! Heheheh. Yesterday was good in some respect, like Sr. was happy with me all day J YAYYYY!! She wrote the word, “Thanks!” on something we had done, and she was so mellow at the client’s lunch that she stayed with me and allowed me to say a few things about Christmas. Since she was in a good mood, I figured she should know what our elves were up to. It’s always a good idea to work out these kinks ahead of time. Of course, she thought I spent too much money on fellow staff, and grimaced when I told her about the Client’s gift to her. I knew that would happen and I know its best to warn her it was coming. She is not a woman of open affection hehehe. She gave us permission to hang her murals on the hallway WITH masking tape. I’ve gotten yelled at several times, because I never remember which is ok to use J.

She only complained a little about the coloring pencil gift for the clients. I know she is going to think first off, “I give them enough!” But, I quickly explained this would be primarily just for use during Town Hall and the Thinking Group. My peer was crabby and rushed yesterday, but I outstretched that much too. I told her on the way out that I’d gotten the pencils and pencil sharpener for the client’s and told her if she hadn’t gotten anything yet, did she want to come in with me. Hehehe … this is something we go through every year. I’ve gone a year or two without asking for her contribution, but then she gets yucky complaining about the irrelevance of my gifts to them. Sooo, if she contributes even a little bit, she feels much better J YAYYY! Whose to say, maybe it might not also mean an extra cookie or two as well!

We had a pretty good meeting with Dr. M. yesterday. We talked about this weekend’s work and we talked about school. I think we’re pretty ready to do something. We also talked to the teacher and school counselor. The school counselor let us know what we would have to do, but we’re still waiting on the teacher’s email. It’s been our experience, she’s not the speediest corresponder. Last time we tried to fix things was the 10th, she didn’t respond back until the 16th, and we found her response yesterday on the 19th. Yeeks! We also scolded the counselor for taking five days to get back to us. But, fortunately that inspired her to respond right away yesterday. YAYYY!

I think lack of responses in or out of the courseroom is something I am going to need build into my expectations of this school. Especially, one of the problems I’d conveyed to the counselor is lack of response from the teacher whose course we dropped. We’re only going to take one course over next semester … most likely multi-cultural. That will be ok. There’s a slim chance that I could get an incomplete, but I’m not too sure if she’ll bend that much. We’ll wait and see. She gave me her AOL email so maybe that will help. She’s horrible with the school email L

Another thing that happened yesterday is that Dr. M. decided to push that I get back to the doctor’s to check on problems with the diabetes. This is a pretty terrible thing for us to do, but we had a gaggle of complaints physically, that seem to be stacking up. One of the most serious is the eyesight. Driving home in the dark is becoming a nightmare. I’m realizing that we’re not really looking as much straight ahead as we can. More looking down at the white dashes to make sure we stay in the lines. I worry about myself being a danger mostly to the other drivers. I can adjust myself around the cars immediately around me, but I can’t see forward in traffic as we used to. We’re hoping that will be cared for with our friend’s Christmas gift of going to see an eye doctor. Yesterday, I worried about the hunger cravings again, and the numbness of my left hand that seems unrelenting. *Sigh* always something.

Ok, ok … everything is in the works now … and that is progress, right? Still we think of Tom’s entries read this morning. He talked of differences in days where things could get done and then the days where that wasn’t happening. We find that often too. So, when we get the good days, we try to get in as much as possible. Always with the hope that one day we’ll get better at accomplishing things. So, with that … we should be moving along … time for that shower.

Take care all!

Us