Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Woo Hoo and a morning with Patster!

Good morning. This is me. It’s about 5:20 am so there isn’t a whole lot of time, but some. Most of that though is because someone makes a choice not to SIT over at MP.com or Facebook. Well … Ok, I checked all that out and the truth of the matter was that I was there last night about 10:30 pm, so I’ve really not got much to catch up. Whoops forgot to check mail.

Ok, we’re good to go.

I think I’ve been missing in action over the last couple of days. Looking at a brief scan of the week, we were at home working on family business on Monday, and then Tuesday we did our time at the ARC meeting which was so-so … always some kind of nice break, and then yesterday we were at work.

I think that Rich was around the first part of the week, but last night he had poker … hmm, did he go out the night before too? Not sure of that. I think in general we’ve been giving him a hard time. It seems that we get mad over the smallest of things. And then we get a little crabby. I think we’re trying to keep it from getting on Rich.

Ahh, I remember now last night! We fell asleep probably about 6:30 pm, then woke up at 10:30 pm, then we were up for an hour and considering going back to sleep when Rich came in. He was crabby! I had known he had a bad day and then was playing cards late, so we’re imagining he was poorer and more tired. The part I remember was being on our side of the bed and brushing off his side saying ooh ooh … we don’t want to get any of this crabby on us!

If it got a smile from him it was worth the creative effort. Actually it was about 5 minutes of massage before he admitted that it was hard to be cranky for long around us. That’s my boy! After that we both slept pretty soundly.

Yesterday going back to work was ok, but we had problems continuing in the later part of the afternoon, because we were more wrapped into our more playful games online. This bothers some of us more than you can imagine, but right now it seems that it is more important to being caught up in a support system. One of the girls has us a little hooked into playing with a farm game. It’s a problem … seems you can go over and tend someone else’s property if they’ve been out too long. It’s pretty fun. I think the nature of those computer games is to get someone else hooked into spending idle time. Maybe there’s some background advertising going on too, but I’m not sure. Someone wants me to be playing that’s for sure.

There is some more serious things too, like we really do like to keep an eye on what people are doing. There’s a page on facebook – the home page where you get a running list of what everyone is doing at any particular time. We’ve been enjoying keeping up with that now that we have more involvement in all that. We’ve got certain areas of friends, but now we’ve found a couple of older friends – neighbors and especially good friends of my Dad and Sandy’s, plus we’ve hooked into a group of friends who are from MarineParent’s.com.

Both of these new connections have felt really good for me and its giving us more interest in some of the older connections too, because it seems like with more people the board is moving along at quite a nice pace. The joyful part is to go down that list or to go down the list of “friends” and see if you can connect in small ways. I feel particularly good about stopping in when the folks are going through things with their sons that I can relate too.

So many of the MP.com seem to be at one stage of deployment or another. And, it’s the same as over on MP.com. If one person gets a call, everyone seems to appreciate it as if it were truly a group call.

Hmm, just thought to connect one more friend personally – we had done some connect efforts from our AOL account, but somehow Lynn’s name was missing, so we sent her a special note. Well, I don’t know how special it is to her, but it feels special at least to be able to think of her. I miss especially her and Betsy. I don’t know what either of them are doing now, but I’d like to earn their friendship.

I think I’m going to catch a quick shower though now so I can clear a few moments on the other end. BBS

WooHOO! Done and ready to go - hmm, we decided not to wake up fishyman though. If he didn’t set his clock, we see no reason to wake him up until the max time of 6:30 am, and then even at that he can choose to go to bed for another ½ hour. He really does lose some valuable time when he stays up so late. He said something about us needing sleep too, but we could proudly say – yeah, but we already got 3 more hours into it then you! AHA!

Ok, so anything from yesterday? Hmm, we did really enjoy ourselves studying out the Facebook stuff, but I’m guessing by now you don’t need to go into that much. I would like to say that it is an amazing feeling to connect your friends and family from all different sets of people you know. I think my main groups are the immediate family, now old neighbors, Old blogger friends, and then blogger friends.

I don’t have many known people farther than this except to say maybe a few friends of friends.

I did some work getting involved with school and some of those people, but I really don’t know many.

WooHOO!!! We got a good connection! Pat our oldest online friend has joined Facebook and is now connected to us. I’m so excited for that. I love that girl to pieces. I would like to be in much more contact with her. It seems though that it takes a while to get things in order. I hope that she learns to get connections too so that she gets the full appreciation of the site. I’m so excited to see her in my box this morning.

Anything that’s more connected the better.

I think I started to say something about that a bit ago. Basically, I think that it’s amazing that I can combine so many worlds together. Yesterday night we went through some of our connections.

WooHOO!!! Guess what? Somehow we’re connected to Pat right now. She’s connected to us through some kind of IM. Not sure which one, but I’m so glad to see her!