Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Let's Make it a Good Day, K?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Good morning … just me! It’s about 5 am and we’re still just sippin our first cup of coffee. V’s off doing V-stuff and we’re thinking we should do something … need to move our minds.

Yesterday wasn’t a very good work day to get things done. We were met at the door by Sister who was having a staff shortage crisis. She had four of the DSPs gone and that makes things tough for the three DSPs that are left, so we needed to take a group for the day. She was suggesting that we could teach our intern to do it, but we’d booked the intern to be finishing work for the Wednesday staffings, because she works with the other Q on Tuesdays. It made things worse in that the DSP in charge of the group hadn’t taken care of her lesson plan for the week. So, that took a few minutes. I did the normal paperwork and I worked on today’s lesson plan so whether it is me or someone else … there will be something planned. I also noted that the DSP had not taken care of the client summaries last week, so I did a good summary for each of the 11 clients. That took quite some time … they ran from half to full page.

The group went pretty good … there were some regular problems like a few clients being mad at each other and people spending too much time in the bathroom, but other than that … everyone was pretty happy. HOPEFULLY … we’ll get back on task today. I’m cutting it a little short, because we’re thinking we want to get back to school. I think we’re going to check that out. We didn’t get home until 7 pm last night and it took us a while before we were able to focus … we found ourselves just sitting aimlessly flipping through news screens, before our head cleared and we figured we should check out the classroom. There were 4 comments left for us and other papers to read through. The papers by others looked about the same as we are used to.

Hmm, now I’m about 4-5 minutes from leaving for work. I stopped over at school and left a comment for one of my peers. He had the best entry out of about 10 people posting and there are 25 people in the course. It brought to mind a story that I’d read yesterday about hospitals and ambulances doing experimental work without consent in giving a substitute blood in emergencies. I didn’t like the sound of that at all, primarily because I wouldn’t want to have it inserted into me. I think my standards are pretty high in thinking I want most often “REAL” everything!

But … I gotta go. Chow!

Whoops ... you got us again ... had to forward the post to work so that I could get it in. We have a few quiet moments before we start up the day official. The intern has just gotten in and she is pretty excited as are we because her mother is finally back from Guatamla. Sr. wisked her away pretty quickly. Lot's of time to make up for, because she's been gone for about 5 weeks.

I'm hoping to get things back in order today. I'm going to need really rebooting, because I don't remember what we were doing. I'll probably start by making sure everything is arranged for the staffings tomorrow. It looks like the intern got a lot of work done on them. She was very efficient. I teased her it was because she didn't have me around to interrupt ... just I know that is probably just the case. And, Sr. is VERY sure that I should be getting some CARF done everyday. So, I should plan when that is going to happen. Think we're going to try scheduling us in, but need to figure out when everything is going to happen. Maybe I should consider the first part of the day for other things, and then after lunch for work on CARF ... why don't we try that today and see what happens. Ok, better be off. Headed over to check out those annuals!

Us