Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Whoops backed up to Sunday sorry

Good morning … this is me. We don’t have too much to say this morning. Pretty much we’re still looking at how beautiful our grandchildren are. Words can’t describe how precious they are … and, now looking at all the pictures with all the other kids, and seeing the parents dot the field, we think … wow. And, all those kids have parents and grandparents that think their children are the most something too. Pretty outstanding. Makes you wonder how could people ever think to go to war. I think it should be a requirement that if a President starts a war he has to send his own children. Hmpf!

Those kids out on the field tried so hard. Our friend says the umpires call this group of kids, “Bumblebees.” That’s because they all hover around the ball. I suppose that is sorta true. They sure are cute as the dickens. I forgot to say too … Our team won by 4-0. I’m not sure how important that is though to the players at this stage. After the game our granddaughter was told they had won, but she hadn’t really known. They do seem to know your supposed to kick the ball toward the goal, that there is offense and defense, and that those little orange cones mean this is the bench – stay there if your not on the field.

*Sigh* so I suppose now I’m supposed to calm down. I’ll try, I’ll try.

Our friend came over after we got home from our sons, but not until about 6 pm and he had to leave by 6:40 pm. He said he was coming back at 9 pm, but at 9:30 pm, he called and said he had followed his son home, because the son hurt his knee. We have pretty mixed feelings about all that. We had stayed up and done everything he told us … he said after being in the rain you needed to take a hot shower and drink tea. But, we hadn’t been a fan of him coming back. We aren’t so wide awake at 9 pm. We were frustrated with the previous visit too. Not much can be done in 40 minutes. And, he spent some of that time putting away some groceries he’d brought over where all we wanted was him to look at our pictures with us. We were pretty grumbly with him, but he said we were hurting his feelings so we didn’t say so much then. Our grumbling was because we didn’t like that he hadn’t made real time to be with us this week. There’s never too much in between visits, cuz he’s so busy and I’m afraid without school, we find ourselves lonelier for him. I think he knows this but his mind is full of lot of other things. He asked if wanted a kiss before he left. We nodded our head and he gave us one on the forehead, but then someone said, no not there … HERE! And pointed to our neck. It’s pretty hard to stay mad too long with kisses being placed on the neck. *Sigh*

So, that was our evening … We talked to Walt a few minutes and then went tiredly to bed. V and us woke up about the same time this morning. We talked about some pretty important stuff, but then after some time went by we got real tired again and had to go back to sleep, then about 8 am about a half hour ago we got up and appeared to have just missed him. We’re going to go to the multiples meeting in about an hour and a half. I suppose we COULD see one of our movies?? That be a good deal, right? Let me see what we have. AHA!!! Chicken Run 1 hr. 24 min perfect!!!

Sigh we’re back. It’s 11:08 am and we’re done with the movie, meeting with the multiples (one) and talking to our friend in IMs. I don’t remember if we ended up nice or crabby. Probably crabby though with our friend in IM because we’ve been kinda crabby lately. He talked about developing a new interest and all we could think was this is something more we’re not going to be able to do with him that will take up more time. I am very happy for him that he finds stuff that’s interesting. Just its something he does at his home, so I’ll never see it. Mistress’ are never really happy when their significant other chooses to spend more time away from them. I’m pretty sure of this. Just means more I have to develop myself so that I can have more time by my selves.

Pretty much its got to be about doing work at home and I have to be very dedicated to it, which will be good practice for being able to go back to school. We are going to have similar problems though in getting projects started. Right now, we have to write reports instead of papers, but they are very similar. Just paper takes things from other psychologists and reports take information about the business.

I think we may have already talked about the new 1/2” binders we got and the plastic cover things. I brought home the three reports that have been completed and optimistically, I would like to write a report today and another one tomorrow. That be very cool. We will have to start that to see how it goes. Keep thinking just 3-5 pages MAXIMUM. Last time we went into like 30-40 pages each. WAY TOO MUCH!

Hmm. Got some more coffee. Think it kinda cooled off. It’s 11:15 am now … maybe we can wait up on work until noon. We’ve got two more movies, but we’re going to hold up on those. One is Memoirs of a Geisha and the other is Lost in Translation. It was totally unrelated how there happens to be two Japanese videos at the same time. We liked Chicken run … but it seemed a little violent I liked Mel Brooks and the tenacity of Ginger. Someone has just suggested that cluck has pluck! Hehehe Ok, bad chicken joke. I think the first two movies are at night time movies.

I think we are going to try turning on the video thing again while we are doing work. It seems to help move the project along and we have to think twice before getting sidetracked. Hmm, we were going to listen to music too. Might want to turn that on now. You know it … it’s all we want to hear … we’ll be playing John Denver. Sorry, that’s the way it goes.

Ok, we put the video thing on that doesn’t seem to be happening so well. Maybe we should make the best of things. Get out some work? How about the music??? That’s better we like the sound of his voice. You probably figured out that part already. Ok, ok … this is progress. Now the next part is to get the books out and start doing the reports. Going to have to start soon anyways. Just one little step at a time. Ok? Good sigh. Turn around and look at the bag. Very good. Now next time reach out for a book and put it in front of you.

Hey, hey! Guess what?? I finished that report … I think it took us 4 ½ hours to write. Pretty stable, because it is four pages long. It really does take that long to write, because you have to gather information and structure it in a manner fitting the paper. We had to keep going over the notes so that it was accurate. I won’t know HOW inaccurate it is until Sr. looks it over. We just sent it to her. Officially, she is signed onto the computer, but she might not be working on a Sunday evening close to chapel and dinner. If I got a response by tomorrow or next week I would be pleased. I only have 5 days left in this month to write reports … sure would be nice to cleanup all but one or two reports and focus most the month on doing the performance analysis the majority of October. One of the reports summarizes the results of the accessibility or actually of all the other reports, and one of the reports summarizes the Performance Analysis report so should be done last. I don’t know how all that will fit in with the scope of the whole. But in my original framework, I knew that I wanted all the reports written by end of October, and I think they need to be submitted before Christmas break. Sister wants all of CARF to be finished in October, but I would think I could go a long way in pleasing her if I had everything done to send in to the inspectors on a preliminary basis. That would give me November, December, January, February, and maybe through March to read through the rest of things making sure folders are all in place and that I have a general understanding of all.

Sister had come in last week and we’d told her what we were doing and how far we were along with things. She doesn’t want to hear anything from the CARF camp, but that we are going to finish it soon. That just isn’t going to happen, though I’m going to push like hell to get the reports section finished by end of October. We’ll see how much we can accomplish tomorrow. Sure be sweet to finish both resource allocation and human resources … two separate reports. Might try a pre-noon and post-noon finish. Oh, I was saying … sister had come in … and I had told her it would be nice to have the Intern’s help for those couple of weeks in December, although now I think she’s going to need that time to finish up the annual schedule that is supposed to end in November. Plus one more week to include the new person we’re getting on Monday. He’ll have to be staffed by October 25th. Means we rearrange the one I’ve already scheduled for that last week and bump the one last week of November to the first week of December. That’s ok.

Pretty much Sister wants the Intern to be working in the rooms and on goals with the clients by the first of the year. She’ll still have to keep up with Qnotes, but we’re hoping like hell, she’s not going to step away from the caseload that I hope to inherit over to her. I am really again the idea of splitting up my case load or the other Q’s. I want off of case load work, so I can do master programming work. I think Sister’s intention is to get the Intern comfortable working with the clients. BUT, I would hate to see her taking over an umbrella position that I’m working toward. It could be a deal breaker, but by the time the Intern is trained, we know that Sister won’t have a need for us. Basically, after we complete CARF we can be expendable. Sister has an idea what she wants to do with a third Q, but she isn’t including any of us in her plans.

I think the hardest part is that sister doesn’t see the value of the program itself. It started from her processor who had a few courses like gym, food preparation, math, and reading. We branched out the program, and I had a good amount of impact on getting the program areas divided evenly into the work of the DSPs. I have also brought in the few formal programs we have in science, life skills, social skills, and work readiness. But, there isn’t or hasn’t been any work done in studying the advancement of our people. Besides the silly ICAP there is no real assessment of them and their skills. No planning that goes into actual learning processes. That is what I wanted to train for at school. I wanted to understand how it is that these individuals learn. I am a far point from doing that now. At this point the clients learn whatever the DSPs are up for. Sometimes its valid and sometimes its not. Like my understanding is because of the transportation system that all our clients have a free period at the end of the day. That means for the last half hour they do whatever they want to as long as its quiet and allows the DSPs to finish their paperwork. I don’t know when that took place, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t’ included in that kind of planning. And, we found out that at the last administration meeting that Sister took me out of the programming hours section all together. She said, she would handle it herself. She has put nothing into training … her training means being disciplined to do what you are told when you are told to do it. If she says dance, you better dance, and if she says fold your hands and pray, you better do that too. She has done absolutely not much as far as learning. I don’t even know how much I’ve done toward learning. We’ve managed to keep objectives fuzzy to protect the center. This year with the help of the Intern, we’ve tried accommodating some real changes. We want to see people grow within themselves. I think that can happen.

I don’t think she believes in CARF and what it helps to implement. I think CARF is much bigger as a business than real teaching too. I think she is more interested in there being checkered table clothes than if a mind is being well used. When we were in disagreement with where the CARF files were to go, we were advocating new shelves in my office where I could use them and be proud of them. Sister said that she had shelf space in her office and so the files belonged there. Then she turned to show me the empty space on her shelf and without realizing it she had filled it up with garbage … it was only then when she couldn’t see it physically fitting that she was willing to consider it fitting back in my office. And, at that she wanted to say that the misfitting moveable library shelving was good enough sitting in the middle of my room or not allowing me to reach my window shades. I wanted to anchor it and I wanted it to be something I could commit to. Not just to get it over with, but to learn from it … use it as a tool. I won that short scrimmage, but her attitude toward the work and me are still very low. She said I could get the shelving, but then when I said thank you, she responded, “You’re not welcome.”

Shoot, shoot … that’s still getting me upset. Even now after having paused to eat dinner. It’s as grating as it is to be told I will pay you $1,000 as long as I don’t have to eat dinner with you. I think its time I took my evening medicine … maybe that would make a difference.

Umm, we stopped here … It is now Tuesday morning at 5:30 am. It seems we’d gotten pretty grumbly here … I apologize for that. It’s just something of late we’re going through a lot. 