Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Hen in the Henhouse ... Blowin off a little steam :(

Dear Dr. Marvin,

We're stayed late at work, but went home finally because we're in terrible shape. It was a hard day ... We worked very hard at being focused. But, kinda lost it at the end. Maybe more in just releasing some of anger out ... steam kettle in a situation I'm not sure we should be trusting.

I had figured out during the weekend that if I could keep The Intern on the Qnotes for five days, she could complete them. .... Complete them ... completely! She had a few going back to January, but in total to catch up this month there were 55 to do, and at an average of 12 per day, it would take 5 days ... and we wanted them caught up pretty darn bad. We made that check list you saw if you printed out the document we sent yesterday. But then after working on it consistently Monday, Our friend and The New Sister both blew away my plans by forcing a return to CARF. I won't mess up the work to be done before Wednesday's staffing though ... I will take the time necessary to get that project done too. We're back to needing to put in a lot of weekend time. Just today, I worked on a CARF Accessibility Report, but I had to do it up front, because I refused to take The Intern off those Qnotes and for that she needed my big computer because of the Professional program. She needed the Publishing program and I needed the Excel program, which isn't on either of our little computers, but is at Sister's computer. That seemed to be no problem for The New Sister who was in and out during the day doing her thing. It was hard though on me in the respect of so many things going on up there. Lot's of noise, and people, and phones, etc. We were handling it. At ten minutes before 4:30 The Intern’s Mother came and sat down. That's like a commandment to stop working and talk. We can talk about stuff going around. She's been upset for a while with The Talkative Staff's work, and is almost to a point of agreeing that she will go talk to sister. We were a bit mad at that, because we know what she's talking about as to The Talkative Staff's excessive talking and lack of hard work, but when I complained to Sister on The Intern’s Mother's account AND ours, I was blown out of the water for it because Sister wants to hold onto the illusion that The Talkative Staff is perfect. Because it is her way and The Talkative Staff gives her a lot of detailed reports (gossip). She's fine; just you can't give her any information. But, today she did in front of me what she's gotten so gosh darn good at which is bringing all her Q needs through sister Tess who is undermining my position with most staff. The Talkative Staff rattled off to The New Sister information like she would with sister Tess … in front of me about my client ... then felt my presence when I turned around. I asked her if she had told the mother of the extra hours she had gotten for client even though it had been my neck on the cutting board. I'd been shot down by sister in an annual meeting. The client had told me during a preference interview he wanted more hours and he'd written about it with the satisfaction survey. Sister shamed me into thinking as if I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about, but fortunately, the parent caught the opportunity and spoke up saying that her son was asking her to get him more work hours too. So here we are at sister's office and after The Talkative Staff asked if she's contacting the parent since she's presenting to sister about how much she's done and is responsible for, she stuttered seeing the catch and saying well I should probably tell you so you can call the parent. I looked at her and stated is that what you would like, me to call the parent and she said well I guess so, I said fine I would take care of that ... because it was apparent she had written me out as taught by Sister Tess who still complains she's doing my job although she's told The Talkative Staff not to tell me anything ... because when The Talkative Staff was pushed she told me that straight out over another client situation I wasn't supposed to know about. I walked back gave The Intern the instructions (Spanish client) and she called as is the protocol between The Intern and us. I asked her to leave my note on the desk so that I could write it up in the chrononote. Nothing sister does with my clients between her and The Talkative Staff and the other Q is written up. Whereas I keep notes on the clients and am teaching The Intern to do the same.

Anyway this stuff had started to come up with The Intern’s Mother who had other reasons to complain, because The Talkative Staff is cutting her out with the Sister too ... she's doing housekeeping under The Intern’s Mother but is doing a shitty job. Sister thinks because she's golden her work is good, The Intern’s Mother has told me its very bad ... and she was mad because the hardest job she has is washing the long hallway tiles and The Talkative Staff skated out of it today, The Intern’s Mother left me hanging dry when I complained to sister about the Intern’s Mother's complaint by not back that up herself, but now the Intern’s Mother was saying it had gotten so bad she was willing to tell sister directly. Especially, since The Talkative Staff is starting to pass around that she should get a raise because she's buying a house and needs extra money. The Talkative Staff is like a bumblebee going from flower to flower passing on gossip and telling everyone the same stories (problems of her life) over and over again. It was one thing when I thought she was using me to get it out, but then days like today with me up front it is being shoved down my throat how she's conveying her same tired news to everyone in the center and it supports The Intern’s Mother's claim that she's avoiding her work. I know from being back here that her work is terrible in that she skates that too ... speaking about the stuff she thinks I want to hear only as I pass through. Primarily she uses the clients most often to listen to her woes when she is trapped into staying directly with the clients. None of the information she does with them is in-depth ... she's a surface person.

Anyway. The Intern’s Mother left and The other Q had come in to bounce shit off me ... but then The New Sister came in and took up a position at sister's desk as to checking over mail ... It was not too late before she was going in her private direction telling The other Q and I general thoughts as to her "REAL" position. I did not expect her to be so direct, and we were saying to her be direct. We asked "what do you mean, what are you trying to tell us" She was saying that She's already been given the sister's nod to be taking over Sister's position although first through the cover of assisting her. She was going into the general plan of just coming into it slowly ... as if she could put something over on sister, although she's made a lot of ground with sister ... she's feeding the information back against sister to the other sisters. And, she's repeating things that I'm pretty sure she's talked over with the sisters. She's going over sister's financial stuff and pointing out to even staff at the other Q and my level how sister is making mistakes like over paying creditors and errors with the payroll bookkeeping. This is a new side of sister Tess that the new sister is pretty loose in giving over, as to discredit the sister and boost her position. She's undermining Sister Tess, which is nice on one respect, but gives me no reason to trust her. She's also given us a wealth of information as to how strong she is in dealing with finances. That's a strong plus in her favor.

After a while of sister and primarily the other Q bullshitting, I know sister had tired of The other Q's garble, so I started as if packing up to leave. The other Q walked out of the room which is something she didn't want to do with me still in there, but she was standing up and getting tired. As soon as she left, we got out about 5-6 things we were angry about in relationship to sister. We told her that it hadn't occurred to us and it hadn't how angry we were about sister and CARF, but that we had worked on it all day today. And that Our friend and I had yelled at each other for an hour and a half, so I wasn't sure who should get the credit between him and her for getting Ann to do CARF. She blew it off, but was definitely out to listen, I told her she couldn't count the number of hours spent with my therapist getting over all the angry occurrences. Like I said we ragged, but not too long, because in truth as we'd suspected The other Q hadn't stepped too far in the recess and she couldn't hang back any longer to stay out of this good kind of bullshit. She tried to put over some of her bullshit of "being over me" because of her length of stay ... and we weren't going to get caught up in that bull crap. But, the other Q's never been a real master mind. This sister can do the shit and be very calculating in maneuvering around people. Sister went through an aggreance thing where we were all going to work together and convey to staff thaat everybody listening and working for sister. Everybody does listen and work for sister. 'Cept maybe I figure now I havent been with CARF. But, she was getting through that she was coming up behind sister and that we should basically realize that sister was going to be here and die here, because none of the sisters wanted to retire with nothing to do. She had given us her perspective ... the Other Center perspective that sister was doing well for The center. We couldn't disagree there, although we underlined, that Sister isn't in a position of respect from me at the moment because we had a lot of anger about being cut-out. I still don't like that no one cares about quality on CARF except to get 100% points. We told her we loved CARF but hated that none of it was barely read, none of it held as anything more credible than toilet paper. Then we apologized for being so angry and left. We figured if she wants us to ally up she was going to need making up some lost ground in trust any sister points. Yes, we agree sister ... The center is a pretty nice place to be. There's a ton of good stuff about it, but there's also a lot of pain ... sometimes it hurts like the dickens to work there.

Anyway that's the first official meeting of the new order. We are all going to be put through the sisters’ inability to "control" sister Tess, but we are at least being given some hope that the center will be allowed to survive after her with new leadership...

Pshwoo that was a lot to get off our chest. I'm guessing by now we will talk about this at the session tomorrow ... It's really tomorrow isn't it? Stuff is really piling up on my head.

Thank you for reading through this ... didn't know what else to do with this much anger ... but, we now feel a bit more subdued.