Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, December 30, 2005

AH HA HE'S HEAR and HAPPY WE'VE GATHERED LAUNDRY!!

Hi, just me. It is going to be a short one this time because our sweetie is on his way over for a little bit. He should be here in a half hour. You guessed jumped in the shower pretty quick! He says to be ready, because they got my new glasses ready to put in my frame. Tri-focals. Shoot, shoot … not going to thing old again are we? Better if we are going to do a lot of reading and writing to see stuff? Right? Good idea?? *Sigh*

I am thinking that if I’m real lucky, said friend will help me get laundry to the Laundromat and if we’re REAL lucky, he’ll come back tomorrow and help us bring it up the three flights. YAYYYY for GREAT friends! He said something about pizza today, and that we’d save Chinese until tomorrow. He’ll be coming by in the afternoon, so we’re going to celebrate New Year in Beijing, China! We’re all for that … umm, somebody indicated during previous New Years, we can’t keep ourselves asleep after 8:30-9:00 pm. He’s right, but maybe if we go to bed earlier, we’ll be woken up by the fireworks we can see and hear off our balcony. That be good.

‘Cept, I know he’s been trying to get me to think through my New Year’s Resolutions. Hmmm… I don’t know. Figurin a pretty good one would be to do school on time. The new course just opened today and we’ll start on Monday or Tuesday … not sure which. The new professor has posted a picture of herself and a little about her. She specializes in cultural issues at University of one of the Carolina’s … umm whichever one where the Tarheel’s play. We’ll figure it out. I liked that this prof. gave us a picture and something of herself. The last one failed the first 5 weeks to even indicate if she was male or female. Never told us when our assignments were due either. But, Dr. M. has us geared up to thinking no matter what kind of teacher we get; we have to do our homework.

Hmm, to be convincing maybe we should gather the laundry and leave by door  brb … Oh man that was terrible took about 20 minutes and back hurts  Had to stop to rest. I only have small white bags, so it took four of them. Way to many towels! Ok, more ready. Put on my shoes and socks. Brushed hair … still have to pull it back. A little to damp yet though. Usually, the way friend and us work it out, is if I put SOME effort into it, he will match me. But, carrying down two bags is a lot better than carrying down four bags. Right?!

I’m hoping he’s a few minutes late, because I need those minutes between the last effort and the next to rest. I think he just wanted to drop my glasses off and pick them up the next day, but they have to make sure they fit, and I would be beside myself a whole day without being able to see the computer. The nice lady had said before, I think, that we come in and they fix them right away like 20 minutes top. It would take twice that time just to drive back and fourth. Hmm, thought I heard car door. It’s going to be ok, it’s going to be ok. Sometimes our friend can get grumpy. My boys explained it to me once. He says that women are always trying to get the men to work for them. Although, I can see his point, but I see more the point, we take care of them, so they are helping themselves! There used to be nothing worse than cleaning and cooking for four males, as they sat around the weekend playing games. I never figured that out. Hmpf!

Anyway … now days if there is a sock to be picked up, I’m proud to say its mine, and rarely do I need to chase them down the living room and other two flights of stairs! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ok, sorry … we just had another mad Mom moment. Dealing, dealing, dealing…

Hmm, we could think of how happy our eyes will be to see again. I think I wrote, but my vision slouched three eye test rows. Though I have to admit although dangerous, I’ve grown accustom to liking all the twinkling lights coming at me driving home in the dark. We try not to focus on them for obvious reasons. I can still remember being a kid when all of life looked like that. There was one spot driving home from either of the Grandma’s houses where we would dip down and then come back up (in car on road heheh) and then all before us was the twinkling lights of Minneapolis. Point here being without glasses its much more magical than with them. The beams of light had shadows and stretched out and merged with one another. Like an entire wall of color! What a beautiful sight it was! Heheh, Ok, good memory good!

Ahh, we made it … he’s 10 minutes late, our hair was dry enough to put up, and our back is rested! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hmm, I wonder if there is anyway, we could convince said friend to go eat out at our old Mexican restaurant. It isn’t the real expensive kind, but they served Margaritas in the pitcher. Probably been 5-6 months now. Darn dieting. Oh oh … he’s here gotta go!!!